Chad Ford's Tiers

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

ws26
Bench Warmer
And1: 2

Chad Ford's Tiers 

Post#1 » by ws26 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:53 pm

Does anyone get ESPN insider that would be able to post his new articles on the tiers for this coming draft? Thanks
Debit One
Starter
And1: 84

Re: Chad Ford's Tiers 

Post#2 » by Debit One » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:30 pm

Per Ford:

Top tier (4 players, in no particular order): Griffin, Rubio, Harden, Thabeet

Next tier (6 players, in no particular order): Hill, DeRozan, Evans, Curry, Flynn, Holiday
St.Nick
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#3 » by St.Nick » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:54 pm

Chad Ford= Chard Fraud

What exactly has this guy done to make him an authority? How many rumors has he nailed? How often do his mocks hit the mark?

The guy got famous by writing interesting travel stories about seeing Darko in Serbia. Of course he was way off on that call.

Really though, what makes the guy anything special?
10B10
Junior
And1: 3

Post#4 » by 10B10 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:25 pm

Debit One wrote:Per Ford:

Top tier (4 players, in no particular order): Griffin, Rubio, Harden, Thabeet

Next tier (6 players, in no particular order): Hill, DeRozan, Evans, Curry, Flynn, Holiday

Its Tier 1: Blake Griffin

Tier 2: Rubio, Thabeet, Harden

Tier 3: Curry, Holiday, Evans, DeRozan, Flynn, HIll

Tier 4: DeJuan Blair, Earl Clark, Austin Daye, Tyler Hansbrough, Gerald Henderson, Brandon Jennings, James Johnson, Ty Lawson, Eric Maynor, B.J. Mullens, DaJuan Summers, Jeff Teague, Terrence Williams, Sam Young

And each team ranks the Tier by team need.

And, yes Chad Ford is actually perpetually wrong about everything so I hardly ever read anything that he writes. He loves to stir the pot but I guess thats his job.
fienX420
Senior
And1: 0

Post#5 » by fienX420 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:39 pm

Last year, he did the same article. Tier Two was Mayo and Bayless. He said, "Virtually every team I spoke with has Mayo and Bayless as the No. 3 and No. 4 picks in the draft, regardless of team need." This was a week before the draft. Bayless falls to 11 and is traded for the 13th pick. Either Ford didn't speak to too many teams, or he's a liar, or all the teams in the NBA pulled a prank on him, or Bayless dropped like a rock in the week leading up to the draft. My guess is that Portland was the only team he talked to.
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,086

Post#6 » by jazzfan1971 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:45 pm

the mocks had bayless high as well
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
LPKingsFan
Starter
And1: 0

Post#7 » by LPKingsFan » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:04 pm

Hmm, so Rubio, Thabeet and Harden are all on the same tier, and Mem and OKC don't really need a point, so they shouldn't take Rubio... works for me.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Post#8 » by Cammo101 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:48 pm

IMO...

Tier 1: Griffin, Rubio
Tier 2: Thabeet, Harden, Hill, Derozan
miltk
Lead Assistant
And1: 751

Post#9 » by miltk » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:06 pm

St.Nick wrote:Chad Ford= Chard Fraud

What exactly has this guy done to make him an authority? How many rumors has he nailed? How often do his mocks hit the mark?

The guy got famous by writing interesting travel stories about seeing Darko in Serbia. Of course he was way off on that call.

Really though, what makes the guy anything special?

Really, what makes ANY of those draftniks special,,,,nothing.

Whoever is the most objective, whoever goes around and culls the most info from gm's and coaches,,,,I'll go with that guy because I don't want to hear a draftnik's OPINION. I think this forum has MORE valid opinions if at least for it's diversity.
Amen316
Sixth Man
And1: 4

Post#10 » by Amen316 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:43 pm

It is true I absolutely agree that 90pct of everyones opinion is regurgitated from someone else. Especially once you remove your favorite hometown team and its rival players from the mix. People act like they are speaking in authority, but in reality they are regurgitating.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Post#11 » by Cammo101 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:03 pm

Amen316 wrote:It is true I absolutely agree that 90pct of everyones opinion is regurgitated from someone else. Especially once you remove your favorite hometown team and its rival players from the mix. People act like they are speaking in authority, but in reality they are regurgitating.

This is somewhat inevitable. Kind of like saying all movies were inspired by other movies. That said, some people spend a lot more time than others researching these players.
Jonathan Watters
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#12 » by Jonathan Watters » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:28 pm

St.Nick wrote:The guy got famous by writing interesting travel stories about seeing Darko in Serbia.

False.
Paydro70
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 225

Post#13 » by Paydro70 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:20 am

Bayless is a pretty funny example, since his final mock had him going #12 (ooh he missed a spot!).

His mocks aren't much worse than DX's by the end... I don't know what you expect of him, he has a lot of access and he tries to report what he learns. He doesn't actually give his own opinion very often.
IndyPacers67
Junior
And1: 8

Post#14 » by IndyPacers67 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:18 am

Actually in last years mock he correctly predicted Bayless would fall, and even predicted that the Pacers would pass on him in favor of Brandon Rush while also calling the Pacers to pick up Roy Hibbert with the 17 pick.

He had Seattle/OKC taking Lopez instead of Westbrook, but did say all along that Westbrook was in the mix. Also called that Minny might move down to get Love, and correctly pegged the Grizz as the likely destination.

I'm not saying Chad is brilliant or should be believed on everything, but he did do a good job on last years mock.

Return to NBA Draft