PHX draft history!

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

qclakers
Rookie
And1: 1

PHX draft history! 

Post#1 » by qclakers » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:54 pm

I have going over several scenario's in the trade board for PHX when I decided to look up their draft history. I know they have sold or given away several picks to save money over the years. I couldn't believe it when you put all the players together the would have a pretty damn good team now.

All these picks were traded or sold or used to get teams to take back $(Kurt Thomas)

07 - Rudy Fernandez
06 - Rajon Rondo, Sergio Rodriguez
05 - Nate Robinson, Marcin Gortat
04 - Luol Deng
ponder276
Head Coach
And1: 67

Re: PHX draft history! 

Post#2 » by ponder276 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:18 am

Sarver is one of the worst owners in pro sports. He is the definition of a cheap bastard.
diogo_pt
Pro Prospect
And1: 17

Post#3 » by diogo_pt » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:58 am

qclakers wrote:I have going over several scenario's in the trade board for PHX when I decided to look up their draft history. I know they have sold or given away several picks to save money over the years. I couldn't believe it when you put all the players together the would have a pretty damn good team now.

All these picks were traded or sold or used to get teams to take back $(Kurt Thomas)

07 - Rudy Fernandez
04 - Luol Deng

Nash / Rondo / Nate / Sergio
Bell / Barbosa / Rudy
G. Hill / Deng / Barnes
Amare / Diaw / Amundson
Shaq / Gortat / R.Lopez

(assuming that they don't make the trade with Bobcats for J-Rich)

:o :o :o
Azsports77
Pro Prospect
And1: 226

Post#4 » by Azsports77 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:58 am

You fools make it sound simple yeah if you look at that straight it seems like they trade away alot of talent. But if you actually use your head which neither of you do you would realize that THEY TRADED THE PICK NOT THE PLAYER! They drafted the player according to what those TEAMS wanted out of the pick. Nobody can say who the Suns would have drafted if they kept those picks . Idiots like yourself seem to think that because those players where traded that the Suns management would have choosen those players in the draft when you really have no idea which player they would have choosen so you need to shut your young ignorant mouths up because your just making everyone ignorant for having read your post.
S3n1le_N3ls0n
Senior
And1: 0

Post#5 » by S3n1le_N3ls0n » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:31 am

Azsports77 wrote:You fools make it sound simple yeah if you look at that straight it seems like they trade away alot of talent. But if you actually use your head which neither of you do you would realize that THEY TRADED THE PICK NOT THE PLAYER! They drafted the player according to what those TEAMS wanted out of the pick. Nobody can say who the Suns would have drafted if they kept those picks . Idiots like yourself seem to think that because those players where traded that the Suns management would have choosen those players in the draft when you really have no idea which player they would have choosen so you need to shut your young ignorant mouths up because your just making everyone ignorant for having read your post.

What a douche...
Zin5
Starter
And1: 328

Post#6 » by Zin5 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:04 am

No one would care if Maurice Agers and Rafael Araujos filled out those picks. I'm sure they weren't expecting every single pick to become a solid player. I mean, no credit to them, it's karma, but it's a lot of karma.

Also, not much of a difference, but IIRC, they only gave up one of Rudy/Rondo. They were given the pick that Portland used to draft Rudy in the Rondo trade.
#loveboston
diogo_pt
Pro Prospect
And1: 17

Post#7 » by diogo_pt » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:12 am

qclakers wrote:I have going over several scenario's in the trade board for PHX when I decided to look up their draft history. I know they have sold or given away several picks to save money over the years. I couldn't believe it when you put all the players together the would have a pretty damn good team now.

07 - Rudy Fernandez
04 - Luol Deng

Nash / Rondo / Nate / Sergio
Bell / Barbosa / Rudy
G. Hill / Deng / Barnes
Amare / Diaw / Amundson
Shaq / Gortat / R.Lopez

(assuming that they don't make the trade with Bobcats for J-Rich)

:o :o :o
qclakers
Rookie
And1: 1

Post#8 » by qclakers » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:24 am

To me the Sergio pick was one of the biggest killers. That was one they simply gave away. One of the biggest needs for the Suns during their contending years was a backup point to spell Nash for 15 minutes a game. Sergio would be perfect for that role. Would have developed nicely playing behind Nash. And to AZsports77, that unfortunately proves another unfortunate point about the Suns front office. They have made bad calls in the draft. The picks they did keep - in 07 Alando Tucker, who was drafted before Carl Landry, Glen Davis, Marc Gasol, and Ramon Sessions. in 08 Lopez before McGee, Speights, Courtney Lee, DeAndre Jordan, Mbah a Moute and George Hill. All of these guys could have helped them this year. RoLo did not. (though he still has plenty of time to make this be a good pick) My point is that for a few million in savings back then they have now put themselves in a tough spot instead of having a couple of good young guys ready to take over.
niffoc4
Rookie
And1: 16

Post#9 » by niffoc4 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:57 pm

Azsports77 wrote:You fools make it sound simple yeah if you look at that straight it seems like they trade away alot of talent. But if you actually use your head which neither of you do you would realize that THEY TRADED THE PICK NOT THE PLAYER! They drafted the player according to what those TEAMS wanted out of the pick. Nobody can say who the Suns would have drafted if they kept those picks . Idiots like yourself seem to think that because those players where traded that the Suns management would have choosen those players in the draft when you really have no idea which player they would have choosen so you need to shut your young ignorant mouths up because your just making everyone ignorant for having read your post.

Pretty sure that PHX would have taken a good player with the #7 pick in 2004. that was the worst trade IMO.
Malinhion
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#10 » by Malinhion » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:08 pm

07 - Rudy Fernandez
04 - Luol Deng

How many wins does a Nate/Rondo/Rudy/Deng/Gortat team rack up under D'Antoni? Robinson already had some breakout games on the Knicks this year, and this is a squad that would definitely have to run small.

Return to NBA Draft