What spaniard will select Portland? Claver or Llull

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,432

Re: What spaniard will select Portland? Claver or Llull 

Post#21 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:30 pm

Genjuro wrote:Oh, and I think Claver was projected in the lottery in the two-year ahead projections (meaning, the 2008 mock draft in the 06/07 season or the 2009 mock draft during the 07/08 campaign).

OK, this makes more sense.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Joana
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#22 » by Joana » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:44 pm

If Claver hadn't broken his leg and assuming he'd be able to keep the level of playing he was showing in the early season, he'd be an easy lottery pick by now, I think. However, that was the first period in his pro career he was actually playing up to his perceived level of talent, mostly as a result of a change of attitude on and off the court. He has talent enough to merit a late 1st round pick. LLull certainly doesn't.
Joana
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#23 » by Joana » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:45 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:BTW, are there any truths to the supposed rumor he would rather go 2nd round?
Doesn't really make much sense to me.

Why not? By being picked in the 2nd round, he wouldn't be limited to the rookie salary scale when negotiating his salary if he decides to join the NBA.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#24 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:55 pm

Does he have potential to be an athletic power forward tweener type such as a Thadeus Young?
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
cdcastellon1
Senior
And1: 0

Post#25 » by cdcastellon1 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:32 pm

One year and half ago Victor was in the top 10 in nbadraft.net and top 15 in Dx, another less importants sites had him also in that rank.

Of course his injury affected a lot his actual stock.

I repeat anyone can say me if there is any website to bet about the draft?
vincecarter4pres
RealGM

Post#26 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:13 pm

cdcastellon1 wrote:I repeat anyone can say me if there is any website to bet about the draft?

I don't know of any specific site, but I am sure most all betting sites have prop bets for this stuff.
Google sports betting sites. Try www.vegas.com they probably have links to multiple sports betting sites.

Return to NBA Draft