So you think Rubio will bust?

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Marc
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Re: So you think Rubio will bust? 

Post#61 » by Marc » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:09 pm

I think there is no way for Rubio to be a bust but I can see why some people migh think so.

His defense and basketball IQ are underrated by most of the posters that say he will be a bust.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Post#62 » by Cammo101 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:13 pm

Marc wrote:I think there is no way for Rubio to be a bust but I can see why some people migh think so.

His defense and basketball IQ are underrated by most of the posters that say he will be a bust.

His basketball IQ, feel for the game, and passing ability are off the charts. He is a starting NBA point guard right this minute IMO.

The team that should have made a run at him in Phoenix. Learning behind Nash would have been huge. Something like Amare for Rubio, Love, and #18 would have been very good for both teams.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,471

Post#63 » by Worm Guts » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:31 pm

Cammo101 wrote:
Marc wrote:I think there is no way for Rubio to be a bust but I can see why some people migh think so.

His basketball IQ, feel for the game, and passing ability are off the charts. He is a starting NBA point guard right this minute IMO.

The team that should have made a run at him in Phoenix. Learning behind Nash would have been huge. Something like Amare for Rubio, Love, and #18 would have been very good for both teams.

Rubio and Love for Amare? That's terrible.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft

Post#64 » by Cammo101 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:29 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
Cammo101 wrote:

Rubio and Love for Amare? That's terrible.

For which team?
Marc
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#65 » by Marc » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:37 pm

The last thing Rubio wants is to go to a team to learn instead of playing, lol. If Suns get him he would rather go to Europe and wait for Nash to retire, LOL.
KWSN-Men
Banned User
And1: 13

Post#66 » by KWSN-Men » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:17 pm

Whateva wrote:I think his athleticism is underrated. He can finish in traffic with dunks.
He is more athletic than Chris Paul, or Steve Nash,
People say he can't shoot, well I agree, but he is a better shooter than Rondo
People say he is not a good defender, actually he is a better defender than Nash and half of NBA Pg's
Will see what he becomes in the NBA

"Not athletic" is code wording. It's NBA fan code for "white guy". It's racism trying to thinly veil itself. It's not actually based on how athletic he is or isn't.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,366

Post#67 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:23 am

Cammo101 wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:Rubio and Love for Amare? That's terrible.

For which team?

Minnesota.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,366

Post#68 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:34 am

KWSN-Men wrote:
Whateva wrote:I think his athleticism is underrated. He can finish in traffic with dunks.
People say he is not a good defender, actually he is a better defender than Nash and half of NBA Pg's

"Not athletic" is code wording. It's NBA fan code for "white guy". It's racism trying to thinly veil itself. It's not actually based on how athletic he is or isn't.

Now isn't this a silly blanket statement and a copout.
The most ridiculous part is you have basically agreed with this blatantly false statement that he is more athletic then Chris Paul.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft

Post#69 » by Cammo101 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:57 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:
Cammo101 wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:Rubio and Love for Amare? That's terrible.

For which team?

Minnesota.

I don't see that. If Rubio wants to be traded, it makes a lot of sense to me. Flynn, Jefferson, and Amare would be a sick core.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,882
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#70 » by NO-KG-AI » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:51 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:
KWSN-Men wrote:

Now isn't this a silly blanket statement and a copout.
The most ridiculous part is you have basically agreed with this blatantly false statement that he is more athletic then Chris Paul.

Lol, seriously.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,471

Post#71 » by Worm Guts » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:05 am

Cammo101 wrote:
I don't see that. If Rubio wants to be traded, it makes a lot of sense to me. Flynn, Jefferson, and Amare would be a sick core.

It might be alright from a value sense, I'm not sure. If Rubio is indeed capable of starting from day 1, I'd say it's bad value. There'd be issues as far as Jefferson and Amare may not work well together and that Amare would need to sign an extension. If I'm the Wolves and I'm packaging Love and Rubio, I'm looking for a wing.

Return to NBA Draft