DeMarcus Cousins. How good can he get?

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Re: DeMarcus Cousins. How good can he get? 

Post#701 » by KF10 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:34 am

Player for player Milwaukee were not much, if at all better than Sacramento last year. But, they won a lot more games after adding stud rookies.

Adding a guy like Salmons at the trade deadline and the emergence of Bogut were the significant key aspects of the Bucks success.

Jennings did have a share of success for the Bucks but I have Bucks fans on record saying that if you replaced Jennings to a guy like Collison, there isn't a net change overall. And they even said, Collison would improve the team a bit more than Jennings.

Make no mistake though, my so called hate for Evans is imaginary and mainly due to Kings fans being rabid on this site. I think he is a talented kid and a good player. Pair him up with a real PG who does not need to dominate the ball (a Jameer type) and he will do great things. As the PG though, I still don't see it. He will put up numbers, but the team will still suck IMO.

Please don't make me bring in past quotes. You disliked Evans from the start and you try to justify your stance by forcing in your misinformed opinion here.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Post#702 » by Cammo101 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:41 am

abrock wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huJfIWEDCsQ

John Wall is dreamy.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft

Post#703 » by Cammo101 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:45 am

KF10 wrote:Please don't make me bring in past quotes. You disliked Evans from the start and you try to justify your stance by forcing in your misinformed opinion here.

June 23, 2009 on my blog...

Tyreke Evans (6'5'', SG, Memphis, Fresh.)
Extremely talented player with all the skills to be a great NBA player. Evans will need to learn to play off the ball more and to get his teammates involved. He is a solid shooter and a great slasher who can finish at the rim. Excellent defender and a tough competitor. All the skills are there, if the head catches up, he can be an all star. NBA Comparison: OJ Mayo/Larry Hughes

Does that sound like a player I have hatred for?

http://nbadraftguru.blogspot.com/2009/06/2009-nba-draft-big-board-with.html
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#704 » by KF10 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:59 am

Reading your past posts of Evans, you thought of him as an overrated player. And most of your post regarding of Evans leaves a condescending tone/remark at times. Maybe because you did not think highly of Evans and did not expect a season like this (20/5/6). And that probably transpire you to think of Evans in a way that you see fit.

I would like to think that you pride in yourself of creating accurate details of a player/prospects and their projections in the NBA. Tyreke Evans' rookie year was completely out of your radar. And maybe that is seen as a blunder from your part and try to reach for excuses to make up a "mistake".

While looking at previous/past threads where you posted regarding of Evans and your post above me, I think "disliked" or "hate" is the wrong word to label your opinion of Evans. So I apologize on my behalf.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft

Post#705 » by Cammo101 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:02 am

KF10 wrote:Reading your past posts of Evans, you thought of him as an overrated player. And most of your post regarding of Evans leaves a condescending tone/remark at times. Maybe because you did not think highly of Evans and did not expect a season like this (20/5/6). And that probably transpire you to think of Evans in a way that you see fit.

I would like to think that you pride in yourself of creating accurate details of a player/prospects and their projections in the NBA. Tyreke Evans' rookie year was completely out of your radar. And maybe that is seen as a blunder from your part and try to reach for excuses to make up a "mistake".

While looking at previous/past threads where you posted regarding of Evans and your post above me, I think "disliked" or "hate" is the wrong word to label your opinion of Evans. So I apologize on my behalf.

I do think he is currently overrated, and my tone probably has as much to do with my desire to kick most Kings fans as it does with Evans himself.

No worries.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#706 » by KF10 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:57 am

He turned out pretty good, no?
teerfour+40LG
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,129

Post#707 » by teerfour+40LG » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:13 am

Deleted. If that was intended to be funny, it failed. No personal attacks or name calling.

- Ruzious
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#708 » by moss_is_1 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:54 pm

_BBIB_ wrote:
moss_is_1 wrote:I see no reason why he couldn't be the best. He's only shortter then Lopez and Bynum there. Plus if he hits the weights, we could be looking at someone 290 pounds with an okay handle. He has a higher standing reach and better wingspan than Howard. I want him on the Wolves alot now that we missed on Turner.

Hey now let's not get too crazy. There's a big difference from top 5 and #1.

Dwight Howard not only has length he has athleticism. DeMarcus Cousins is a pretty good athlete but there is no way do I see him testing out to be as good of an athlete as Dwight Howard.

But the more I think about it the more I say top 3-5 is definitely within his potential which is downright scary.

Heck because of the gap after Dwight maybe he could challenge for #2

Not to toot my own horn or anything. :P Now if only we had actually drafted him over Wes Johnson...
DaddyCool19
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,392

Post#709 » by DaddyCool19 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:33 pm

teerfour+40LG wrote:My oh my, that cammo guy is an idiot. Bet he's on the Magic board right now saying Justise Winslow is the next Dion Waiters or something.

Yeah whenever I see a thread getting bumped from the past in the NBA Draft he is in it and most of the time his predictions were far off from what really happened.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft

Post#710 » by Cammo101 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:45 pm

teerfour+40LG wrote:My oh my, that cammo guy is an idiot. Bet he's on the Magic board right now saying Justise Winslow is the next Dion Waiters or something.

The last 3 pages of this thread is me telling a bunch of delusional Kings fans how overrated Tyreke Evans was, even after his hollow stat rookie season made him look better than he actually was. I sure look dumb there, what with Evans leading the Kings right now to unprecedented success...Oh wait...
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft

Post#711 » by Cammo101 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:48 pm

Jazzfan12 wrote:Dear God, you had Whiteside as a top ten pick all season long.

I also look pretty dumb here right?
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft

Post#712 » by Cammo101 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:56 pm

Anyone will look dumb if you cherry pick certain predictions. The draft is an inexact science and pretty much anyone who puts opinions out there will have a ton of misses. I most certain have missed on some guys, Steph Curry and Russell Westbrook being two of the more high profile guys I was lower on than most. But, I have had a lot more hits than misses, and many of them were considered pretty out there at the time. I had DeAndre Jordan as a top 5 player when most had dropped him into the second round. Hell, I was one of the few who rated Durant ahead of Oden. I was way higher than most on Hassan Whiteside, Amare Stoudamire, Jameer Nelson, Brook Lopez, James Harden...

I never pretend my opinion is infallible, but I also think my track record stands up pretty well by comparison.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#713 » by j-ragg » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:34 pm

lol @ calling someone an idiot for getting a prediction wrong 5 years ago.

This board is filled with idiots if that's the case, including me.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft

Post#714 » by Cammo101 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:42 pm

j-ragg wrote:lol @ calling someone an idiot for getting a prediction wrong 5 years ago.

This board is filled with idiots if that's the case, including me.

I'm not even sure what specific thing in this thread they are talking about. I glossed over it and didn't see anything I got crazy wrong.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#715 » by KF10 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:52 am

Cammo101 wrote:

The last 3 pages of this thread is me telling a bunch of delusional Kings fans how overrated Tyreke Evans was, even after his hollow stat rookie season made him look better than he actually was. I sure look dumb there, what with Evans leading the Kings right now to unprecedented success...Oh wait...

What's your assessment on Cousins' right now? Do you still have Favors & Turner over him?
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft

Post#716 » by Cammo101 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:06 pm

KF10 wrote:
Cammo101 wrote:

What's your assessment on Cousins' right now? Do you still have Favors & Turner over him?

I think Cousins is slightly overrated by some and is a guy who is not quite as good as his numbers look, but he's definitely turned out better than Favors and is one of the better bigs in the game right now. It's not like I was saying Cousins was some bum who couldn't play, I had him as the #5 prospect in the 2010 draft and gave the Kings the 4th highest grade of any team that year in my draft grades.
Kumar
Junior
And1: 197

Post#717 » by Kumar » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:50 pm

Quality reading material.

:lol:
Jkam31
Head Coach
And1: 5,670

DeMarcus Cousins. How good can he get? 

Post#718 » by Jkam31 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:02 pm

Kumar wrote:Quality reading material.

:lol:

I was laughing at the dude who said he'd basically be out the league by the all star break in his rookie year. Comical

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft

Post#719 » by Cammo101 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:12 pm

Re-reading this thread makes me wonder what ever happened to Sid the Squid? I wonder what got him banned?
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#720 » by KF10 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:56 am

Cammo101 wrote:I think Cousins is slightly overrated by some and is a guy who is not quite as good as his numbers look, but he's definitely turned out better than Favors and is one of the better bigs in the game right now. It's not like I was saying Cousins was some bum who couldn't play, I had him as the #5 prospect in the 2010 draft and gave the Kings the 4th highest grade of any team that year in my draft grades.

How is he overrated?

He's an all star, 2nd all NBA teamer, Gold-winning Olympian, put up 25 & 13 & became a legit defensive anchor.

He is only 24 years old and improving!

..and yet -- he is only "one of the better bigs" in the game? Outside of Davis, he is the best young big in the NBA. Arguably the best C in the NBA.

Return to NBA Draft