Harrison Barnes

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Canomad
Banned User
And1: 69

Harrison Barnes 

Post#1 » by Canomad » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:12 am

i just got done watching as much footage of him as i could find on the internet.

a few things that stuck out to me.

-nice shooting stroke
-good shooter at a young age
-plays D
-very good athlete
-excellent poise
-speaks very well on camera does not come across as a cocky kid

what are your opinions on harrison and his future. i personally cant wait to see him in UNC blue since ive been a tar heels fan since i first started following basketball. who in the NBA would you compare him to???
Fat City
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Harrison Barnes 

Post#2 » by Fat City » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:21 pm

ESPN showed one of his games a couple months back. I was more impressed with Sullinger who was on the game before . Barnes is smooth though. But I don't know if he's ever going to be a dominating franchise SF.
Cineast
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#3 » by Cineast » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:19 pm

So, maybe similar to Sean Elliott?

A smooth and skilled SF who never had the mentality to be a #1 option for a good team, but was a good 2nd or 3rd option on some good teams. Fair comparison?
SeattleJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,351

Post#4 » by SeattleJazzFan » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:02 pm

Cineast wrote:So, maybe similar to Sean Elliott?

A smooth and skilled SF who never had the mentality to be a #1 option for a good team, but was a good 2nd or 3rd option on some good teams. Fair comparison?

I generally hate the comparisons I see on RGM, but I think this one is very good. I see a lot of Sean Elliott in Barnes. I imagine most of the posters here are too young to remember Elliott at UofA, but if Barnes has a college career like Elliott, UNC fans will be very happy. Superstar in college, solid #2 or #3 (probably mostly #3) option in the NBA.

Return to NBA Draft