De'Sean Butler?

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

evildallas
General Manager
And1: 0

De'Sean Butler? 

Post#1 » by evildallas » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:46 pm

I've loved what little I've seen of Mr. Butler, but I would like some feedback on whether you think he can play SG at the next level. What type of SG would he be and how good will he be? The draft sites seem to knock his athleticism which is a concern, but beggars can't be choosers and we pick late.
Going to donkey punch a leprechaun!
BBen
Starter

Re: De'Sean Butler? 

Post#2 » by BBen » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:48 pm

I think this draft is going to have as many good SGs as last year had good PGs. Evan Turner, James Anderson and Da'Sean Butler are all can't miss prospects in my book (at the positions where they'll be drafted). I've watched Butler a number of times over his career and I'm truly surprised at how little hype he's generated. He's a hard worker and a big shot taker with good one on one skills and an outside shot. I'd say he'll be an immediate contributor off the bench a little like Sam Young and he'll be picked in the early second or perhaps late first depending on how West Virginia fares in the tourney.
koolguy
Sixth Man
And1: 151

Post#3 » by koolguy » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:25 am

One of his strength is his solid 3-point and midrange game. Also not the best but effective at attacking the rim, and can also create for teammates. He's just a very streaky scorer. When he's on, he's lights out but when he's not, he can't score for ****.

His range should earn him a spot in the NBA.
evildallas
General Manager

Post#4 » by evildallas » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:28 pm

Thanks for the perspective guys. He sounds like a good fit for us depending on how the draft falls.
Going to donkey punch a leprechaun!

Return to NBA Draft