Kawhi leonard

Moderator: G R E Y

duncan21
Junior
And1: 63

Kawhi leonard 

Post#1 » by duncan21 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:15 pm

I dun like kawhi doing too much meaningless pump fakes everytime he attack the rim recently,he should plays more determination,I know he wants to makes his team around him better,but it's always cause a turnovers
jptremblay
Rookie
And1: 1,215

Re: Kawhi leonard 

Post#2 » by jptremblay » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:31 pm

I disagree, Kawhi did a great job yesterday in all aspects of the game...he needs to be more agressive to the basket and needs to get more touches at the post...but I really liked his playmaking last night, not forcing things and controlling the tempo...
When this account gets more "And1"s than posts written ...then my life will be complete. And maybe it will be the right time to hang it up. (Achieved on 2017-2018 season)...but still here.
duncan21
Junior

Post#3 » by duncan21 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:10 pm

jptremblay wrote:I disagree, Kawhi did a great job yesterday in all aspects of the game...he needs to be more agressive to the basket and needs to get more touches at the post...but I really liked his playmaking last night, not forcing things and controlling the tempo...

actually,his pump fake barely sucessfully fake ppl let them lose position.............and couldn't create more space for him to shot,and always cause him get double easily,plus he still isn't excellent pass out of double team( him & lmarcus both ain't very gd at pass out double teamed )

when he drive to the basket,I dun understand why he suddenly stop his step and doing pump fake,and this couldn't create space for him,and then he pass out easily cause a turnover...........
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Post#4 » by Nolan » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:50 pm

duncan21 wrote:
jptremblay wrote:I disagree, Kawhi did a great job yesterday in all aspects of the game...he needs to be more agressive to the basket and needs to get more touches at the post...but I really liked his playmaking last night, not forcing things and controlling the tempo...

actually,his pump fake barely sucessfully fake ppl let them lose position.............and couldn't create more space for him to shot,and always cause him get double easily,plus he still isn't excellent pass out of double team( him & lmarcus both ain't very gd at pass out double teamed )

when he drive to the basket,I dun understand why he suddenly stop his step and doing pump fake,and this couldn't create space for him,and then he pass out easily cause a turnover...........

Or it could draw a foul. Which I'm pretty positive is his main objective.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
Phreak50
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,962

Post#5 » by Phreak50 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:21 am

It's just part of his learning process. He is finding what works best for him, when to shoot, when to pass, when to fake and when to shoot and pass from the fake.

He isn't always perfect with his decision making (his career low fg% is a sign of that increased workload) but we all know he is a quick learner and I think his passing and decision making when to pass is getting really impressive.

I just think he has struggled a bit of late since Parker has been back and in my opinion over dribbling and not letting Kawhi go to work as much.
jptremblay
Rookie

Post#6 » by jptremblay » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:44 am

He came in to the league being an athletic small forward with mediocre shooting hability without barely no playmaking by himself...And 4-5 years later he is a TOP 5 player in the league...
He will find a way to keep improving...for sure.
When this account gets more "And1"s than posts written ...then my life will be complete. And maybe it will be the right time to hang it up. (Achieved on 2017-2018 season)...but still here.
inDe_eD
Bench Warmer
And1: 869

Post#7 » by inDe_eD » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:31 pm

Phreak50 wrote:It's just part of his learning process. He is finding what works best for him, when to shoot, when to pass, when to fake and when to shoot and pass from the fake.

He isn't always perfect with his decision making (his career low fg% is a sign of that increased workload) but we all know he is a quick learner and I think his passing and decision making when to pass is getting really impressive.

I just think he has struggled a bit of late since Parker has been back and in my opinion over dribbling and not letting Kawhi go to work as much.

Pretty much this.
“Let's say TPE is a big hole, Ryan Anderson is a "power plug Dick" ($21 million a year). All you have to do is use the Dick to plug in. Great trade and great deal! This is called "perfect fit" in the nba.”
jptremblay
Rookie

Post#8 » by jptremblay » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:24 pm

He just needs to cut those long 3s...and all will be fine with him...he's really dominating the game since laast 3-4 games...
duncan21
Junior

Post#9 » by duncan21 » Fri Dec 2, 2016 12:18 am

KAWHI STRUGGLING RECENTLY,HIS SHOT SELLECTION EVEN WORSE THAN KOBE,AGAIN HE ALWAYS OVER DRIBBLE,TOO MUCH USELESS PUMP FAKES AND HIS SHOT HAS BEEN VERY INCONSISTENT THIS SEASON,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
duncan21
Junior

Post#10 » by duncan21 » Fri Dec 2, 2016 12:28 am

jptremblay wrote:He just needs to cut those long 3s...and all will be fine with him...he's really dominating the game since laast 3-4 games...

I DUN UNDERSTAND WHY HE ALWAYS PUMP FAKE BEFORE HE SHOT,IT ISN'T WORK ANYMORE,TAT'S MAKES HIM FORCE HIS SHOT OR PASS.............THIS IS NOT A GD DESICISION,HIS SHOT SELLECTION HAS BEEN AS WORST AS PAUL GEORGE & KOBE'S RECENTLY.....
THAT'S WHY HE SHOTS A CAREER LOW FEILD GOAL % ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
duncan21
Junior

Post#11 » by duncan21 » Wed Dec 7, 2016 9:55 am

DAMN............USELESS PUMP FAKES AGAIN
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by Nolan » Wed Dec 7, 2016 1:37 pm

duncan21 wrote:Image

I don't understand why pump fakes upset you so much.

He's trying to draw fouls and create space for himself and it's actually worked quite well for him.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
duncan21
Junior

Post#13 » by duncan21 » Wed Dec 7, 2016 2:03 pm

Nolan wrote:

He's trying to draw fouls and create space for himself and it's actually worked quite well for him.

It doesn't work anymore..................what if the refs dosen't give him him the call,specyally in the Playoffs,then he will wasted the procession,his decision is too slow ,,,,,,,,,,,,,It will only decrease his effiecency,his pump fake is not gd enough to let ppl get fake,most defender will not jump on his fake................
he should shot quickily or pass to green for the open 3s............
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by Nolan » Wed Dec 7, 2016 2:11 pm

duncan21 wrote:
Nolan wrote:

It doesn't work anymore..................

It works just not like it was working earlier on. Doesn't mean he should abandon it altogether.
duncan21
Junior

Post#15 » by duncan21 » Wed Dec 7, 2016 2:21 pm

Nolan wrote:
duncan21 wrote:
Nolan wrote:

It doesn't work anymore..................

It works just not like it was working earlier on. Doesn't mean he should abandon it altogether.

that's always cause him get double temaed easily plus he is still not very gd pass out off the double team yet
and the whistle will not give him the call often,especially in the Playoffs
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by Nolan » Wed Dec 7, 2016 2:48 pm

duncan21 wrote:
Nolan wrote:
duncan21 wrote:It doesn't work anymore..................

that's always cause him get double temaed easily plus he is still not very gd pass out off the double team yet

He'll keep getting the calls and I think he's pretty good at handling the double teams.

Kawhi's still got work to do on the offensive end but he'll get better and improve on his weaknesses. The guy is a tireless worker I wouldn't worry too much about he'll figure things out and improve his game.
duncan21
Junior

Post#17 » by duncan21 » Thu Dec 8, 2016 2:53 am

Nolan wrote:
duncan21 wrote:
Nolan wrote:

He'll keep getting the calls and I think he's pretty good at handling the double teams.

Kawhi's still got work to do on the offensive end but he'll get better and improve on his weaknesses. The guy is a tireless worker I wouldn't worry too much about he'll figure things out and improve his game.

lol keep getting call ????? do u realise he shot a career low 46FG% ??????
his facegame is still average at best,he is not a gd finnisher,he brick most of his floters & easy layup
his shot sellection is become as worst as kobe

Phreak50
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,962

Post#18 » by Phreak50 » Thu Dec 8, 2016 7:15 am

He definitely has cooled down since his hot start but I think you're being a bit too hard on him.

He is still learning. I don't think anyone in the history of the game (at least not in the 20+ years I've watched) has gone from not being able to shoot, dribble, drive, finish to where Kawhi is now.

Yeah he still has lots to work on and may not actually ever be up there with the Durant, Jordan, Kobe, type scoring but if he starts to improve his shot selection and the team starts getting consistent (because let's face it, the team other than Mills has been pathetic this year on offense) he will be in a good spot.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by Nolan » Thu Dec 8, 2016 2:00 pm

duncan21 wrote:
Nolan wrote:
duncan21 wrote:that's always cause him get double temaed easily plus he is still not very gd pass out off the double team yet

his facegame is still average at best,he is not a gd finnisher,he brick most of his floters & easy layup

Your being way too hard on him. 46% is still pretty damn good for someone who scores 25 a game. Yes his shot selection has been a little questionable and yes he does miss some shots he should make but he's still been amazing and he'll improve on those things as the season progresses.
inDe_eD
Bench Warmer
And1: 869

Post#20 » by inDe_eD » Thu Dec 8, 2016 7:00 pm

Nolan wrote:
duncan21 wrote:
Nolan wrote:

Your being way too hard on him. 46% is still pretty damn good for someone who scores 25 a game. Yes his shot selection has been a little questionable and yes he does miss some shots he should make but he's still been amazing and he'll improve on those things as the season progresses.

Exactly, and he's still close to 60% TS, so nothing to worry about efficiency wise. The reason his fg% has dropped is because he's not getting shots at the rim, which is reflected in the lower FTA/game. That'll all adjust once they figure out lineups and get these spacing issues resolved.

Put it this way, I'm more than happy to have our experimental Kawhi "only" shooting 60% TS and leading us to "only" an 18-4 record.
“Let's say TPE is a big hole, Ryan Anderson is a "power plug Dick" ($21 million a year). All you have to do is use the Dick to plug in. Great trade and great deal! This is called "perfect fit" in the nba.”

Return to San Antonio Spurs