Pop's signs on for another 4-5 years

Moderator: G R E Y

Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Pop's signs on for another 4-5 years 

Post#1 » by Nolan » Wed Jul 9, 2014 9:33 pm

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/234190/Gregg-Popovich-Signs-Extension-With-Spurs

Gregg Popovich has agreed upon a contract extension with the San Antonio Spurs.

Popovich is expected to coach another four to five seasons.

Popovich has won five titles as head coach of the Spurs.

Little surprising for me, I always believed that he was going to retire at the same time as TD but its great news for us the franchise and Kawhi.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
law_1990
Rookie
And1: 709

Re: Pop's signs on for another 4-5 years 

Post#2 » by law_1990 » Wed Jul 9, 2014 10:59 pm

he'll still retire the same time as timmy. Just means we get to have them both for another 4-5 years WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Don't any of you **** on my dreams

In all seriousness though this is huge, excellent news. Imagine the things he'll do to mould the future of the team once manu/tim retire. IMAGINE :O
RollingWave wrote:it'll be 5 random guys Pop picked up at a ball yard and they'll win the title
imagump1313
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,253

Post#3 » by imagump1313 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:21 am

Could be a sign that if Timmy feels healthy after next season, he sticks around for another year.
Baller2014
Banned User
And1: 519

Post#4 » by Baller2014 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:14 am

Good news. Another 4-5 years until we need to hear that the Spurs are finished once Pop retires.
SPURt
Pro Prospect
And1: 263

Post#5 » by SPURt » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:18 am

Bad news guys, Santa isn't real. His name is RC Buford!
HandOfTheKing
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#6 » by HandOfTheKing » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:40 pm

IIRC Pop has said he will leave with Tony. TP said he will play in the league until he's ~38, so 5 years makes sense.
co_laper
General Manager
And1: 331

Post#7 » by co_laper » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:26 pm

I have my doubts pop will even fulfil the length of that contract. We all know pop gets to keep his job as long as he wants.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by Nolan » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:49 am

co_laper wrote:I have my doubts pop will even fulfil the length of that contract. We all know pop gets to keep his job as long as he wants.

I have my doubts too but I guess we'll see what happens. But I get the feeling that as long as we're competitive he'll be the coach.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by Nolan » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:49 am

co_laper wrote:I have my doubts pop will even fulfil the length of that contract. We all know pop gets to keep his job as long as he wants.

I have my doubts too but I guess we'll see what happens. But I get the feeling that as long as we're competitive he'll be the coach.
dancing2thabeet
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,681

Post#10 » by dancing2thabeet » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:52 pm

Who do you guys think will replace him after he's gone? I'm just curious because I think of him as a top 5 NBA coach ever and it's not easy to replace that. Is there an assistant he's molding or is that a bridge which will be crossed when you guys get there? Maybe even Ettore Messina?

Cheers.
orphicwhip wrote:
goodboy wrote:Man I got the flu, still will watch my team play though.

McBob shares the same mentality.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by Nolan » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:18 pm

dancing2thabeet wrote:Who do you guys think will replace him after he's gone? I'm just curious because I think of him as a top 5 NBA coach ever and it's not easy to replace that. Is there an assistant he's molding or is that a bridge which will be crossed when you guys get there? Maybe even Ettore Messina?

Cheers.

If Messina's still around when that time comes I could see him succeeding Pop's and if he isn't around Udoka's probably next in line.

Return to San Antonio Spurs