Preseason Game: Spurs vs Alba Berlin

Moderator: G R E Y

SPURt
Pro Prospect
And1: 263

Preseason Game: Spurs vs Alba Berlin 

Post#1 » by SPURt » Wed Oct 8, 2014 6:20 pm

Thought this deserved a thread. Parker looking great thus far!
SPURt
Pro Prospect

Re: Preseason Game: Spurs vs Alba Berlin 

Post#2 » by SPURt » Wed Oct 8, 2014 6:22 pm

Our first unit is just at another level than Alba.
SPURt
Pro Prospect

Post#3 » by SPURt » Wed Oct 8, 2014 6:34 pm

Our second unit looked like absolute trash! Thank God for preseason! Ginobili, Ayers, Belinelli, and Cotton with bad play after bad play... We were on pace to score 36 to 40 points ended up scoring 8 points in the second half of the first quarter.
SPURt
Pro Prospect

Post#4 » by SPURt » Wed Oct 8, 2014 6:52 pm

Alba hanging in there, looking better than a bunch of NBA teams
SPURt
Pro Prospect

Post#5 » by SPURt » Wed Oct 8, 2014 7:07 pm

Parker, Leonard, and Duncan looked great that half, Baynes had a good half too. Ginobili was terrible. Not having Patty Mills is gonna be tough. Our second unit looked bad. Give Alba credit, they are playing great D, switching and staying in front of their men. Belinelli and Ayers looking bad too. Our ball movement is still out for the summer.
co_laper
General Manager
And1: 331

Post#6 » by co_laper » Wed Oct 8, 2014 7:15 pm

Jeff Ayres shouldn't be an NBA player. He provides absolutely nothing that can be considered above average by NBA standards IMO.

Not having Patty Mills will definitely be tough. The spacing for the second unit looks bad because Cory is more of a slasher and when he shoots, it's usually from the midrange. Him and Manu just really isn't a good backcourt partner.

Leonard looks aggresive when Parker/Manu/TD not on the floor. I like that. But I feel that his offensive game is not strong enough to really carry a team. He's not ready for that kind of role yet.

Anyways, I agree that we should give credit to Alba. They're really playing well. I did not expect this from them.

I really miss the early season Marco of last year. You know, the one that was making great passes and was always making great cuts with Manu's passes. I feel like ever since allstar break, that all disappears. Now he simply looks good when he's shooting wide open threes. What happened to his game that it now becomes only a three point shooter. He's definitely not a slasher, although he tries from time to time. It's just not a strength of his.

I still don't know what people likes from Cotton.

Waiting to see Kyle Anderson. I don't recall seeing him yet.

Oh well. It's still half time.
Tomazan
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,701

Post#7 » by Tomazan » Wed Oct 8, 2014 8:30 pm

LOL.
SPURt
Pro Prospect

Post#8 » by SPURt » Wed Oct 8, 2014 8:31 pm

Well, couldn't hit wide open threes. Belinelli was the worst of the worst. I'm glad we lost. Alba played great and embarrassed the reigning NBA champs. I hope Pop can take this loss and do for this team what Chuck Daily did for the Dream Team. Would've liked to see Kyle Anderson. He did not look happy after the game.
ChosunX
Banned User
And1: 692

Post#9 » by ChosunX » Thu Oct 9, 2014 2:55 pm

It was a fun game despite all the mistakes, i like close games. I got spoiled about the result when looked up the Danny Holocaust controversy.
co_laper
General Manager
And1: 331

Post#10 » by co_laper » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:41 am

Yup.. And we are going to get everybody's best games this year. Opponents will be circling their calenders againts us. We can't come out underestimating anybody.

Alba played great. I was clapping for Alba when McLean hit the game winner. They showed a lot of heart and pride after being down big in the first quarter, it looked like it was gonna be a blow out but they just kept fighting. It's admirable.

Return to San Antonio Spurs