Around the NBA: Regular Season Edition

Moderator: G R E Y

SPURt
Pro Prospect
And1: 263

Re: Around the NBA: Regular Season Edition 

Post#41 » by SPURt » Wed Jan 7, 2015 2:24 am

Nolan wrote:
SPURt wrote:What do y'all think of that Cavs/Knicks/Thunder deal? It looks like NY has officailly waived the white flag, unless they see something special in Alex Kirk. Weird trade, I think the Cavs win because they got draft picks. The only guy I sort of like in the deal is Shump, but he's look awful this year. The other two are selfish players.

Like it for the Knicks, hate it for the Cav's and I don't get why the Thunder would want Waiters.

For the Knicks they clear a bunch of cap space (they'll have 30 mill this summer now) and they got rid of a serious cancer (Smith). As for the Cav's this feels like the sort of deal the original Lebron Cav's would make, sacrifice a lot of cap flexibility for a minimal talent upgrade. And like I said before don't get why the Thunder are interested in Waiters, he seems like a terrible fit there.

I hear you, New York is going to be going in this off season! I wonder if the keep Calderon as a play to go after Gasol? I wish he would choose the Spurs... I think he's staying in Memphis no matter what.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Post#42 » by Nolan » Wed Jan 7, 2015 2:32 am

SPURt wrote:
Nolan wrote:
SPURt wrote:What do y'all think of that Cavs/Knicks/Thunder deal? It looks like NY has officailly waived the white flag, unless they see something special in Alex Kirk. Weird trade, I think the Cavs win because they got draft picks. The only guy I sort of like in the deal is Shump, but he's look awful this year. The other two are selfish players.

Like it for the Knicks, hate it for the Cav's and I don't get why the Thunder would want Waiters.

For the Knicks they clear a bunch of cap space (they'll have 30 mill this summer now) and they got rid of a serious cancer (Smith). As for the Cav's this feels like the sort of deal the original Lebron Cav's would make, sacrifice a lot of cap flexibility for a minimal talent upgrade. And like I said before don't get why the Thunder are interested in Waiters, he seems like a terrible fit there.

I hear you, New York is going to be going in this off season! I wonder if the keep Calderon as a play to go after Gasol? I wish he would choose the Spurs... I think he's staying in Memphis no matter what.

I can't see him leaving either. He's been there since he was in high school and its not like they're a bad team either.

I wonder who the Knicks are going to go after though?
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#43 » by Nolan » Thu Jan 8, 2015 3:41 pm

The Pistons just knocked off the Mav's. I now feel a little bit better about that loss.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#44 » by Nolan » Fri Jan 9, 2015 11:24 pm

Brandon Wright to the Sun's. The west just keeps getting stronger.
Phreak50
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,962

Post#45 » by Phreak50 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:12 am

Josh Smith tracker:

In 13 games with Houston - 24mpg, 11 shots a game at 42%, 2 of which are 3's at 18%, 40% ft, nearly 3 turnovers per game.

The Pistons have now won 9 of their last 11.

Onto Kevin Love... I picked him as a player that just filled the stat sheet on a bad team, saying he'd not be anything special in Cleveland. So far I believe I was right. I also think their team looks better without him on the court...
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#46 » by Nolan » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:50 pm

http://breakingt.com/collections/san-antonio

^
They're selling some pretty cool Spurs related T-shirts if any of you guys are into that stuff. I'm definitely going to get the Pop's for Pres one, maybe the Kawhi Klaw one as well.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#47 » by Nolan » Tue Feb 3, 2015 3:27 pm

:lol:
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#48 » by Nolan » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:18 am

So how about that trade deadline?
imagump1313
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,261

Post#49 » by imagump1313 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:16 pm

I think OKC got a bit better getting Kanter but they are over-valuing Singler and Augustin somewhat. Singler plays well in 1 of every 5 games and Augustin was finally getting starter minutes because of Jenning's injury and playing well. Now he goes right back to backup which I'm sure he can't be happy about. He could turn out to be Reggie Jackson 2 if he doesn't want to kiss Westbrook's feet. Singler and Augustin were just removed from a (team, team, team preaching environment) into a (Durant, Westbrook, and everyone else caters to Durant and Westbrook environment) so we'll see how that works. I can't imagine either are thrilled.

I have no idea what the Suns are doing.
I have no idea what Utah is thinking.
I have even less idea what's going on in Philly.

Poor Brandon Knight keeps getting traded for the exact same type player he is so there must be something coaches see that they can't fix.

Denver improved by subtraction.

Detroit improved. Jackson should flourish there, he just didn't want to be Westbrooks towel boy anymore(I dont blame him). Prince could actually help Detroit more than he could anyone else.

Garnett never wanted to be in Brooklyn in the first place.

Almost forgot Portland where Afflalo should fit in nicely with.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#50 » by Nolan » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:52 am

imagump1313 wrote:I think OKC got a bit better getting Kanter but they are over-valuing Singler and Augustin somewhat. Singler plays well in 1 of every 5 games and Augustin was finally getting starter minutes because of Jenning's injury and playing well. Now he goes right back to backup which I'm sure he can't be happy about. He could turn out to be Reggie Jackson 2 if he doesn't want to kiss Westbrook's feet. Singler and Augustin were just removed from a (team, team, team preaching environment) into a (Durant, Westbrook, and everyone else caters to Durant and Westbrook environment) so we'll see how that works. I can't imagine either are thrilled.

I have no idea what the Suns are doing.
I have no idea what Utah is thinking.
I have even less idea what's going on in Philly.

Poor Brandon Knight keeps getting traded for the exact same type player he is so there must be something coaches see that they can't fix.

Denver improved by subtraction.

Detroit improved. Jackson should flourish there, he just didn't want to be Westbrooks towel boy anymore(I dont blame him). Prince could actually help Detroit more than he could anyone else.

Garnett never wanted to be in Brooklyn in the first place.

Almost forgot Portland where Afflalo should fit in nicely with.

Other than Dragic I think Afflalo was the best deal of the deadline. He's going to fit in nicely and Portland and now they're SG/SF rotation looks really really good.

I don't mind what OKC did. They got deeper and didn't take on Brook Lopez like everyone thought they would.

As for Philly I like the MCW deal. That Lakers pick is valuable and I just don't think MCW is that good. As for McDaniels I think he wanted out of Philly and I think Philly wanted him gone as well.

All in all it was a crazy day.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#51 » by Nolan » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:18 am

Damn I just realized that Philly has 7 picks (3 first rounders) in this years draft if the Lakers pick fall outside of the top 5.
imagump1313
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,261

Post#52 » by imagump1313 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:05 am

Nolan wrote:Damn I just realized that Philly has 7 picks (3 first rounders) in this years draft if the Lakers pick fall outside of the top 5.

Yeah, I just don't understand what they are doing. Getting another pick and taking Javale McGee for what? Unless they plan on shopping these picks on draft day. but they have been doing this merry-go-round for awhile now. Stockpiling picks and then just trading whoever they draft for more picks. Sooner or later they have to really try to win some games.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#53 » by Nolan » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:30 am

imagump1313 wrote:
Nolan wrote:Damn I just realized that Philly has 7 picks (3 first rounders) in this years draft if the Lakers pick fall outside of the top 5.

Yeah, I just don't understand what they are doing. Getting another pick and taking Javale McGee for what? Unless they plan on shopping these picks on draft day. but they have been doing this merry-go-round for awhile now. Stockpiling picks and then just trading whoever they draft for more picks. Sooner or later they have to really try to win some games.

I think they're closer to the end of the rebuild than most people think.

If they can grab Mario Hezonja or D'angelo Russell this year (they could possibly get both if the Lakers pick falls out of the top 5) then grab another guard or wing (VanFleet, RJ Hunter, Hollis-Jefferson or whoever) with the Miami pick they'll be in really good shape. Add a shooter or two, a veteran PG and a healthy Joel Embiid to what they already have and I think they could challenge for a playoff spot in the east next year.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#54 » by Nolan » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:50 pm

I watched the Wizards Hornets game last night, DeJuan Blair has really really let himself go.
law_1990
Rookie
And1: 709

Post#55 » by law_1990 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:35 am

i hate having a normal sleeping pattern. Having to watch every game the morning after is pissing me off.
RollingWave wrote:it'll be 5 random guys Pop picked up at a ball yard and they'll win the title
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#56 » by Nolan » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:47 pm

Anyone watching the tourney?
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,453

Post#57 » by gom » Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:22 am

Greetings! I come in peace from Miami (despite the Celtic dancer avatar :-) )

I was wondering how Kyle Anderson was viewed by Spurs fans. It doesn't look like he gets much playing time. What do you expect his trade value to be. Thanks!

P.S. Good luck in the playoffs & finals, which I hope you make.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#58 » by Nolan » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:52 pm

Thoughts on Billy Donavon in OKC? It's a pretty bold hire by Presti.
SpursNBucks
Banned User
And1: 113

Post#59 » by SpursNBucks » Tue May 5, 2015 10:04 pm

Nolan wrote:Thoughts on Billy Donavon in OKC? It's a pretty bold hire by Presti.

I agree they needed to shake things up and they did just that in a pretty big way. Big loss for the FLA program. I'm not sure I like it for OKC. Going to a college coach is a great way to go for a very young team finding it's way in rebuild mode. While OKC is young, they are accomplished/established stars. I'm not sure what BD's coaching style is, we'll see. With that roster I think they would not have had a problem bringing in just about any high profile Coach.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#60 » by Nolan » Wed May 6, 2015 3:06 am

SpursNBucks wrote:
Nolan wrote:Thoughts on Billy Donavon in OKC? It's a pretty bold hire by Presti.

I agree they needed to shake things up and they did just that in a pretty big way. Big loss for the FLA program. I'm not sure I like it for OKC. Going to a college coach is a great way to go for a very young team finding it's way in rebuild mode. While OKC is young, they are accomplished/established stars. I'm not sure what BD's coaching style is, we'll see. With that roster I think they would not have had a problem bringing in just about any high profile Coach.

Yeah it's going to be interesting to see what he can do. People always talk about how college coaches flop in the NBA but I don't think a former big time college coach has ever been put into a position like this before.

Return to San Antonio Spurs