Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Around the NBA: Regular Season Edition 

Post#1 » by Nolan » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:33 am

New season new thread.

Discuss away!
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Around the NBA: Regular Season Edition 

Post#2 » by Nolan » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:34 am

I'm so happy that the Cav's lost "one of the biggest sporting events ever".
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
imagump1313
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,261

Post#3 » by imagump1313 » Sat Nov 1, 2014 7:01 pm

I really don't see anyone in the NBA being an overwhelming powerhouse this year, including the Spurs. I don't think we are winning a title this year but If we were ever going to repeat as champions I think this is the best opportunity by far. Everyone in the league seems to be scrambling and I don't care how good James is, he has already proven that he can't win a title without huge contributions from a supporting cast which Cleveland has yet to prove.

A lot will change by April but as of right now I don't see any clear cut favorites.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by Nolan » Sun Nov 2, 2014 12:42 am

imagump1313 wrote:I really don't see anyone in the NBA being an overwhelming powerhouse this year, including the Spurs. I don't think we are winning a title this year but If we were ever going to repeat as champions I think this is the best opportunity by far. Everyone in the league seems to be scrambling and I don't care how good James is, he has already proven that he can't win a title without huge contributions from a supporting cast which Cleveland has yet to prove.

A lot will change by April but as of right now I don't see any clear cut favorites.

I feel the same. The Thunder have some serious injury issues, I still don't believe in the Clippers, the Bulls look alright but without a 100% Rose I can't see them making much noise, and Houston's Houston.
imagump1313
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,261

Post#5 » by imagump1313 » Mon Nov 3, 2014 8:51 pm

Seeing what Kobe Bryant is going through in LA is priceless. Such sweet justice for one of the league's total dicks. From the couple of games I have seen this year, I predict he will injure himself and not see the end of the season anyway.
ChosunX
Banned User
And1: 692

Post#6 » by ChosunX » Tue Nov 4, 2014 7:49 pm

Nolan wrote:I'm so happy that the Cav's lost "one of the biggest sporting events ever".

I feel sorry for Blatt for ending up with that egomaniac. I always pictured him as a potential future coach for the Spurs.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by Nolan » Wed Nov 5, 2014 5:07 pm

ChosunX wrote:
Nolan wrote:I'm so happy that the Cav's lost "one of the biggest sporting events ever".

I feel sorry for Blatt for ending up with that egomaniac. I always pictured him as a potential future coach for the Spurs.

Agreed. I have a feeling that this isn't going to end well for Blatt.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by Nolan » Thu Nov 6, 2014 5:29 am

I love Draymond Green.
Donald Kaufman
General Manager
And1: 601

Post#9 » by Donald Kaufman » Thu Nov 6, 2014 1:38 pm

I want the Cavs to fail. People hated the Heatles but somehow this team - despite having potentially more unlikeable players - gets a free pass.

What they need to prepare for is that 29 other teams will be playing their hearts out to beat them. The Jazz looked like they won the title after their win.
Donald Kaufman
General Manager

Post#10 » by Donald Kaufman » Thu Nov 6, 2014 1:41 pm

imagump1313 wrote:I really don't see anyone in the NBA being an overwhelming powerhouse this year, including the Spurs. I don't think we are winning a title this year but If we were ever going to repeat as champions I think this is the best opportunity by far. Everyone in the league seems to be scrambling and I don't care how good James is, he has already proven that he can't win a title without huge contributions from a supporting cast which Cleveland has yet to prove.

It's still early but I would tend to agree. We're the only team that brought their core back. We brought back everyone. Every other contender scrambled to add pieces, except OKC who have a cheapskate GM that signed Anthony Morrow.

I think GSW has the best chance to make that next step. Their core has been together a while now and Kerr seems a good fit for this team.
SPURt
Pro Prospect
And1: 263

Post#11 » by SPURt » Fri Nov 7, 2014 2:17 am

That was awful smh
-Sammy-
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,699

Post#12 » by -Sammy- » Fri Nov 7, 2014 7:24 pm

I'm enjoying the Laker saga more than I can express. Watching that team fail, and watching its fanbase subsequently either make excuses or just get angry, is rather pleasant.
-Sammy-
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by -Sammy- » Fri Nov 7, 2014 7:27 pm

I agree... it's going to be a good year for parity in the league.

Sadly, I also agree about the Spurs. I think we'll be in the mix, but last year's team was a team of destiny. I actually have the Clippers coming out of the West this year. I hope I'm wrong!
Donald Kaufman
General Manager

Post#14 » by Donald Kaufman » Sat Nov 8, 2014 2:05 am

The NBA world has gone topsy-turvy. The Kings and Clippers are relevant and the Lakers suck.
-Sammy-
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by -Sammy- » Sat Nov 8, 2014 7:56 pm

Donald Kaufman wrote:The NBA world has gone topsy-turvy. The Kings and Clippers are relevant and the Lakers suck.

It's different, but it's glorious, isn't it? Every day that the Lakers are awful and the Clippers are good, an angel gets his wings.
Phreak50
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,962

Post#16 » by Phreak50 » Sun Nov 9, 2014 5:25 am

James 'I am the best player in the game' Harden is shooting 39% fg through 7 games.

I can only laugh really.
-Sammy-
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by -Sammy- » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:09 am

Phreak50 wrote:James 'I am the best player in the game' Harden is shooting 39% fg through 7 games.

I can only laugh really.

Kobe-esque.
Donald Kaufman
General Manager

Post#18 » by Donald Kaufman » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:06 am

Phreak50 wrote:James 'I am the best player in the game' Harden is shooting 39% fg through 7 games.

I can only laugh really.

I'm no Harden fan - me might be my least favorite player to watch, along with his teammate Duhwight - but he is having an amazing year. To me, his FG% is a symptom of his astronomically high usage rate and what looks like actual effort on the defensive end for a change. There's no question he's an early favorite for MVP.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by Nolan » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:34 am

It's scary how good Anthony Davis is. The dudes averaging 25 and 13 with 4 blocks and 2.5 steals a game. Imagine what he could do with some teammates that actually try to give him the ball?
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by Nolan » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:37 am

Denver's bad, like really really bad. Portland just scored 84 points in the first half against them. I wonder how long of a leash Shaw has, I bet they're really regreting letting Karl walk now.

Return to San Antonio Spurs