CoJo stepping up

Moderator: G R E Y

Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

CoJo stepping up 

Post#1 » by Nolan » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:51 am

Much to my surprise Cojo has actually stepped and done a fantastic job of filling in for Mills so far this year. He's averaging 8, 2 and 2 with great defense, great efficiency numbers and he's done a good job of not turning the ball over or dribbling it into the ground like he's been prone to do in the past.

It seems that he's finally figured things out (in a contract year of course) but the question is what do we do with him once Mills get's back. Resigning him really doesn't make sense since i'm guessing he's going to want a raise, so do we trade him once Mills gets back or do we let him go to restricted free agency and see what happens?

Thoughts?
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
co_laper
General Manager
And1: 331

Re: CoJo stepping up 

Post#2 » by co_laper » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:19 pm

What i think we should do is trade him in the offseason. As you say, he'll want a raise and possibly a bigger role instead of back to being a third point guard.

Him being rfa means we wont get much of anything. Likely just a trade exception and some second rounders via sign and trade.

My guess is we just let him leave.

I wouldnt trade him during the season because mills is projected to come back in feb. We wont know how patty will look like and round into form. The trade deadline will be sometime in late feb so that means we have a month to decide.

I just think its best to stay put and let cory leave in the summer. I really doubt anybody is going to give us much of anything anyways. Nobody in their right mind sees joseph as starter.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using RealGM Forums mobile app

Return to San Antonio Spurs