Tim Duncan - Not appreciated by Spurs Fans

Moderator: G R E Y

JohnWall2
Junior
And1: 249

Tim Duncan - Not appreciated by Spurs Fans 

Post#1 » by JohnWall2 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:44 am

Tim Duncan.

Face of the franchise since 1997 for one of the most successful sporting franchises in the world over the past 20 years.

At almost 39 years of age he is still capable of leading his team to wins against high calibre opposition as he showed in his 29 point, 9 rebound and 3 block effort v the Rockets. The next game against the Suns he puts down 22 and 10 to again lead his team. To be able to do this at this point in career and after all he has accomplished is unheard of.

Despite all he has done and continues to do, you hear little from San Antonio fans about his exploits. On here not one "Spurs" fan has even mentioned his name. All I see are Kawhi Leonard threads amongst other rubbish. Spurs fans are not exactly a classy lot and have taken this great player - they will never have a player like this again - completely for granted. Trust me when I say if he was playing crap they would all be saying he is old and past it and shouldn't play anymore etc. Instead they say nothing.

As a Suns fan, I would have loved this guy on my team and many other teams fans would and do say the same thing. Yet for some reason, Spurs fans seem to practically ignore the guy while focusing on the next generation in Kawhi when the man himself is still here, still turning in world class performances and further cementing his status as a top 10 player of all time.

Quite poor form from the Spurs fans if you ask me.
Phreak50
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,962

Re: Tim Duncan - Not appreciated by Spurs Fans 

Post#2 » by Phreak50 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:59 am

This is a joke post right?
franktony
Analyst
And1: 1,492

Post#3 » by franktony » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:16 pm

No offense John, but we have seen this man transforming a franchise with no titles in a powerhouse. We've seen this man winning 2 MVPs. We've seen this man carrying the Spurs to a title by himself in 2003. We've seen this guy reaching 6 finals, winning 5 of them, with 3 FMVPS. We've had the pleasure to watch his greatness during 18 years. 2 double-double games against the Rockers and the Suns are really nothing special when it comes to Duncan. People talk more about Leonard because he is a young rising star. It's not only SA fans, it's fans in general.

When we were struggling due to injuries, we had to read several topics about how the the Spurs were finally done, some fans came to our board saying that we should blow up and trade Duncan/Parker while they still had value. We usually don't care simply because year after year, SA proves those people wrong and we usually have the last laugh. And that's what happened once again.

We don't have the necessity to show to those people that they were wrong and we don't have the necessity to show how great Duncan is after a RS game, we never had. And that's exactly why Duncan gets a lot of love among a lot of realgm posters.His numbers and his accomplishments speak for themselves.

Don't come here trying to tell us how to be fans, it's pretty sad. You should worry about the Suns and their players. We're just fine, thanks.
Shaq on Duncan:SA won because of TD, a guy I could never break.I could talk trash to Ewing, get in D-Rob's face, get a rise out of Mourning,but when I went at Tim he’d look at me like he was bored and say:“Hey,Shaq, watch this shot right off the glass.”
SPURt
Pro Prospect
And1: 263

Post#4 » by SPURt » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:53 pm

This is a funny troll thread! A guy who's a Suns fan with a player from another team in his forum name!

Why don't you go criticize Cavs fans for not always talking about Lebron. I'm sure your next thread will be "Spurs fans hate Pop because they don't constantly slobber on his knob". Every Spurs fan on here knows Tim is the greatest Spur of all time and the 2nd greatest player in the modern era behind Jordan.
co_laper
General Manager
And1: 331

Post#5 » by co_laper » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:00 pm

Gotta be a joke post.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Post#6 » by Nolan » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:50 pm

Troll thread.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."

Return to San Antonio Spurs