Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Re: Nikola Milutinov Drafted at 26 

Post#2 » by Nolan » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:33 am

DX Profile:
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Nikola-Milutinov-7116/

He's a mobile and intelligent 7 footer with a great motor.
SPURt
Pro Prospect
And1: 263

Post#3 » by SPURt » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:35 am

Spurs left some talent on the board with Hunter and Looney. It's nice to get a solid 7 footer, but I guess it's looking like they will be using free agency more than anything to retool.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by Nolan » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:37 am

SPURt wrote:Spurs left some talent on the board with Hunter and Looney. It's nice to get a solid 7 footer, but I guess it's looking like they will be using free agency more than anything to retool.

I'd feel a lot better about this pick if Looney wasn't still on the board.
fritopia
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#5 » by fritopia » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:14 am

Looney might have be the better pick but with the last UCLA pick not really doing much, I like the pick
Grba
Ballboy
And1: 25

Post#6 » by Grba » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:37 am

I am convinced, Milutinov is the right choice. He has high basketball IQ, excellent rebound skills, and also really solid passing skills. He has size, but he must work on his body. He made some development in last year, but he is still thin for NBA. His mid-range game is solid, with a lot space for progress. He must to be more aggressive. He could be a very good rim protector (with a few more pounds of muscle).
Phreak50
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,962

Post#7 » by Phreak50 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:42 am

Knowing the team, we won't see him on court for 2 or more years.

Kawhi seemed to have been the exception as a rookie, but I would have loved to see KA get more minutes and this pick do the same, but it's not likely.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by Nolan » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:47 pm

Grba wrote:I am convinced, Milutinov is the right choice. He has high basketball IQ, excellent rebound skills, and also really solid passing skills. He has size, but he must work on his body. He made some development in last year, but he is still thin for NBA. His mid-range game is solid, with a lot space for progress. He must to be more aggressive. He could be a very good rim protector (with a few more pounds of muscle).

From what i've seen he's basically a more atheletic Tiago.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Post#9 » by greekbuck34 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:49 pm

Milutinov signed with Greek powerhouse and probably the best euroleague team the last 7 years based on results Olympiakos for 2+1 years. Olympiakos is famous for taking the best from each player and improving the young talent while at the same time making it each year to the F4 of Euroleague. The leader on this team is the best point guard of euroleague in recent years, V. Spanoulis(Tony Parker's good friend) who is capable of getting the max from each center with his PnRs'.

They were some rumors that G.Popovic advised the young center to abandon his former club, Partizan for Olympiakos but I can't confirm this yet. Partizan were owning him 8 months of money and with a buyout of 200k euros Olympiakos got him free to sign.

Olympiakos also has this year Patrick Young and Othello Hunter, two very athletic mobile centers in their roster so I think Milutinov could easily get some playing time providing a different style of attack.

The style of this team is very Spurs-like with great ball movement, attacking on miss matches, gritty defense, pnrs etc so in general I think it's a very good move for both Milutinov and the Spurs for the future.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
franktony
Analyst
And1: 1,492

Post#10 » by franktony » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:35 pm

greekbuck34 wrote:Milutinov signed with Greek powerhouse and probably the best euroleague team the last 7 years based on results Olympiakos for 2+1 years. Olympiakos is famous for taking the best from each player and improving the young talent while at the same time making it each year to the F4 of Euroleague. The leader on this team is the best point guard of euroleague in recent years, V. Spanoulis(Tony Parker's good friend) who is capable of getting the max from each center with his PnRs'.

They were some rumors that G.Popovic advised the young center to abandon his former club, Partizan for Olympiakos but I can't confirm this yet. Partizan were owning him 8 months of money and with a buyout of 200k euros Olympiakos got him free to sign.

Olympiakos also has this year Patrick Young and Othello Hunter, two very athletic mobile centers in their roster so I think Milutinov could easily get some playing time providing a different style of attack.

The style of this team is very Spurs-like with great ball movement, attacking on miss matches, gritty defense, pnrs etc so in general I think it's a very good move for both Milutinov and the Spurs for the future.

Good insight man, thanks.
Shaq on Duncan:SA won because of TD, a guy I could never break.I could talk trash to Ewing, get in D-Rob's face, get a rise out of Mourning,but when I went at Tim he’d look at me like he was bored and say:“Hey,Shaq, watch this shot right off the glass.”
Gokey Balboa
Freshman
And1: 18

Post#11 » by Gokey Balboa » Tue Sep 8, 2015 6:27 pm

Coach Pop watching Milutinov in Berlin at Serbia's Eurobasket game vs Iceland.

Return to San Antonio Spurs