Spurs Off-season moves/ideas discussion

Moderator: G R E Y

Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Re: Spurs Off-season moves/ideas discussion 

Post#141 » by Nolan » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:27 pm

imagump1313 wrote:Amare Stoudemire only made 1.5 million last year. He's kinda lame defensively but maybe we could at least get him to try playing defense here for the veteran minimum as a 3rd center?

Well so much for that he just retired.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
imagump1313
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,253

Post#142 » by imagump1313 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:50 am

Nolan wrote:
imagump1313 wrote:Amare Stoudemire only made 1.5 million last year. He's kinda lame defensively but maybe we could at least get him to try playing defense here for the veteran minimum as a 3rd center?

Well so much for that he just retired.

Yeah. Retired as a Knick also. Who would have thought that?

That doesn't leave much to choose from left if we were going to do anything. Ayres is still out there but we've rode that horse before. David Lee? Not really what we need. I hope we don't bring Bonner back....
imagump1313
Lead Assistant

Post#143 » by imagump1313 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:20 pm

Well we got Lee. Shows how much I'm in the know :lol:
jptremblay
Rookie
And1: 1,215

Post#144 » by jptremblay » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:14 pm

I'm the only one that thinks that we need another center? We only have 2 and 1 of them is 36 and will propably rest some games...so if Dedmon gets hurt, our froncourt will be in trouble...
I know that Aldridge can play the center spot too, and propably David Lee...but aren't the greatest solutions...so I will spend that 15 roster spot in a big guy.
When this account gets more "And1"s than posts written ...then my life will be complete. And maybe it will be the right time to hang it up. (Achieved on 2017-2018 season)...but still here.
Cycloneon
Senior
And1: 717

Post#145 » by Cycloneon » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:31 pm

I'd spend the money on... You guessed it, Thomas Robinson. Sure he's only like 6'9 but he's a darn good rebounder. Although I would prefer a big man that can shoot the ball
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,521

Post#146 » by HartfordWhalers » Mon Aug 1, 2016 4:54 pm

The Trade board has been doing a series of offseasons in review, and today was San Antonio -- viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1469500

As always, getting more input and takes from fans of the team is great, so feel free to swing over and let us all know your take on the offseason. Thanks!
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#147 » by Nolan » Tue Aug 2, 2016 2:01 pm

jptremblay wrote:I'm the only one that thinks that we need another center? We only have 2 and 1 of them is 36 and will propably rest some games...so if Dedmon gets hurt, our froncourt will be in trouble...
I know that Aldridge can play the center spot too, and propably David Lee...but aren't the greatest solutions...so I will spend that 15 roster spot in a big guy.

I'm with you. Problem is there isn't much left on the center market.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
alexb618
Rookie
And1: 870

Post#148 » by alexb618 » Wed Aug 3, 2016 3:00 am

should have tried to get amare...
Travis Outlaw: Oh man. That feels great. To have a bobblehead of me is just terrific.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#149 » by Nolan » Wed Aug 3, 2016 9:08 pm

So apparently we're still in the running for Thomas Robinson. Not sure where he would fit but I'd still love to have him.
imagump1313
Lead Assistant

Post#150 » by imagump1313 » Wed Aug 3, 2016 10:16 pm

Nolan wrote:So apparently we're still in the running for Thomas Robinson. Not sure where he would fit but I'd still love to have him.

If he was to agree to come here, he would need guarantees that he was going to play. At least that's what I'm gathering from many articles Ive read. He wants to go somewhere where he would get a better opportunity to play than he's had thus far.

http://www2.kusports.com/weblogs/hawks_nba/2016/aug/3/tough-lessons-have-changed-free-agent-th/

I'm not sure if we could give him those guarantees at this point behind Dedmon and Gasol.
alexb618
Rookie
And1: 870

Post#151 » by alexb618 » Thu Aug 4, 2016 12:49 am

he is getting 12 minutes in brooklyn, i think its pretty unlikely he will get more minutes elsewhere
Travis Outlaw: Oh man. That feels great. To have a bobblehead of me is just terrific.
imagump1313
Lead Assistant

Post#152 » by imagump1313 » Thu Aug 4, 2016 3:23 am

alexb618 wrote:he is getting 12 minutes in brooklyn, i think its pretty unlikely he will get more minutes elsewhere

Which is probably why he is unsigned......
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#153 » by Nolan » Thu Aug 4, 2016 12:32 pm

imagump1313 wrote:
Nolan wrote:So apparently we're still in the running for Thomas Robinson. Not sure where he would fit but I'd still love to have him.

If he was to agree to come here, he would need guarantees that he was going to play. At least that's what I'm gathering from many articles Ive read. He wants to go somewhere where he would get a better opportunity to play than he's had thus far.

http://www2.kusports.com/weblogs/hawks_nba/2016/aug/3/tough-lessons-have-changed-free-agent-th/

I'm not sure if we could give him those guarantees at this point behind Dedmon and Gasol.

And I'm never a fan of guaranteeing a player minutes. You get what you earn.
bigmean
Assistant Coach
And1: 133

Post#154 » by bigmean » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:33 am

#1557 » by bigmean » less than a minute ago

here's a deal out of left field

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hs5d3mj

Charlotte gets: 2018 first round draft pick from Miami via Phoenix
Miami's 1st round pick to Phoenix protected for selections 1-7 in 2018 and unprotected in 2019

2021 first round draft pick from Miami via Phoenix

Nerlens Noel starting center
PJ Tucker , Batum backup when he moves back to small forward
Jonathan Simmonds has develop has a decent subs, can he start and thrive?

Charlotte trades: Cody Zeller, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

Philadelphia gets Eric Bledsoe, your third banana with Simmons and to be be determine ?
Michael kidd-Gilchrist. a top 20 defender
Alan williams, could be a Kenneth Faried type player in the future

Philadelphia trades: Robert covington, Nerlens Noel, Richaun Holmes,
2017 first round draft pick from L.A. Lakers
L.A. Lakers' 1st round pick to Philadelphia (via Phoenix) protected for selections 1-3 in 2017 and unprotected in 2018 [L.A. Lakers-Phoenix, 7/11/2012; Milwaukee-Philadelphia-Phoenix, 2/19/2015]

2019 first round draft pick from Sacramento
Sacramento's 2019 1st round pick to Philadelphia [Philadelphia-Sacramento, 7/9/2015]

San Antonio gets: Cody Zeller lets take a flier on him

Archie Goodwin, good subs in making once he infected by Greg Popvich awesome virus

Robert Covington, can play 2,3,4 and for that reason and three point shoot can be extremely dangers

San Antonio trades: Patty Mills, Kyle Anderson, Jonthan simmonds

Phoenix gets: 2017 first round draft pick from L.A. Lakers
L.A. Lakers' 1st round pick to Philadelphia (via Phoenix) protected for selections 1-3 in 2017 and unprotected in 2018 [L.A. Lakers-Phoenix, 7/11/2012; Milwaukee-Philadelphia-Phoenix, 2/19/2015]

2019 first round draft pick from Sacramento
Sacramento's 2019 1st round pick to Philadelphia [Philadelphia-Sacramento, 7/9/2015]

Patty Mills spunky backup point guard

Kyle Anderson, literally one of my favorite players in NBA

Richaun Holmes, talent big can shoot

Phoenix trades: Eric Bledsoe, PJ Tucker, Alan Williams 2018 first round draft pick from Miami via Phoenix
Miami's 1st round pick to Phoenix protected for selections 1-7 in 2018 and unprotected in 2019

2021 first round draft pick from Miami via Phoenix

other points

charlotte really upgrade there center spot from Hibbert to Noel, this opens up meaning time at powerforward, Kamainsjy and Marvin williams, you have to buy in that simmonds can establish as a decent starter, the really value is the two first roundm to possible terrible Miami team in the future. also a major salary dump

Philly tighten there 9 man rotation Bledsoe, Henderson, Rodruiguez, Bayless, MKG, Saric, simmons Embiid, Okefor
if you presume that MKG and Bledsoe stay healthy than you a fringe playoff team

Spurs, rolls the dice they try a bunch of expiring contracts for expiring, do you like Covington or Anderson Better?
if they can develop Zeller, Rasho 2.0,

Phoenix cashing in there assests faster and they get a a major salary dump. I love then cleary back court of Blesdoe in order for booker to flourish, can like that they have proven winner in Mills, And Anderson is upgrade to Tucker. I love the warren/anderson/dudley trio. Holmes is a very good prospect, can shoot rebound and block, one of Hinke more solid moves, also ten million cap space.

do Spurs value Simmonds that much?

what is opionion Zeller come one as third, fourth or fifth Big

Do you feel the love for Covington?
Mediocrity
Sixth Man
And1: 596

Post#155 » by Mediocrity » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:40 pm

Is Murray a lock for the DL? Or can he be the 9-10 man in short order?
picc wrote:If the Lakers get Dragic, a championship is back on the table for this season. He's that good, and we're that close.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#156 » by Nolan » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:46 pm

Mediocrity wrote:Is Murray a lock for the DL? Or can he be the 9-10 man in short order?

He'll definitely spend some time there. How he performs in preseason and training camp will probably determine how much time he spends there.
imagump1313
Lead Assistant

Post#157 » by imagump1313 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:56 pm

Nolan wrote:
Mediocrity wrote:Is Murray a lock for the DL? Or can he be the 9-10 man in short order?

He'll definitely spend some time there. How he performs in preseason and training camp will probably determine how much time he spends there.

I agree. He will spend time with Austin just to get some playing time but I think we will be around the Spurs mostly because we are pretty thin at guard and Manu and Parker will not log a ton of minutes during the regular season.
mo7888
Ballboy
And1: 23

Post#158 » by mo7888 » Fri Sep 9, 2016 8:21 pm

Looks like we just signed Ryan Richards (2010 2nd rd pick) to a camp deal.
Phreak50
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,962

Post#159 » by Phreak50 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:25 am

Not sure how reliable some of the YouTube comments on him are but they mention being cut from various teams due to a bad attitude.

He seems to be pretty skilled, though lacking a vertical leap or an attacking instinct down low but has a nice long range jumper for a big guy.

I guess this is a good chance for him to show what he can do and surprise us.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#160 » by Nolan » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:29 pm

Phreak50 wrote:Not sure how reliable some of the YouTube comments on him are but they mention being cut from various teams due to a bad attitude.

He seems to be pretty skilled, though lacking a vertical leap or an attacking instinct down low but has a nice long range jumper for a big guy.

I guess this is a good chance for him to show what he can do and surprise us.

I've heard the attitude thing before as well. Guy's had a strange career up to this point, I did really like his potential when we drafted him but I really don't have much hope for him now.

Return to San Antonio Spurs