Moderator: G R E Y

Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Re: Off-season moves? 

Post#21 » by Nolan » Wed May 18, 2016 3:09 pm

The_Didact_117 wrote:Nene? Dear god no

I'd take him for cheap, like somewhere between the minimum and 4 or 5 million per. But he's definitely not on my list of guys I want us to chase.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
Cycloneon
Senior
And1: 717

Post#22 » by Cycloneon » Wed May 18, 2016 3:18 pm

This thought popped out to me just now. So I haven't really gone with any calculations other than the ESPN Trade Machine haha

Danny Green + Boris Diaw for Enes Kanter.

Stupid? We get athleticism at the 3-4-5. Rebounding, defense suffers a little. But he's very young and can still learn. Not even sure about the cap since it was just a random thought.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#23 » by Nolan » Wed May 18, 2016 3:35 pm

Cycloneon wrote:This thought popped out to me just now. So I haven't really gone with any calculations other than the ESPN Trade Machine haha

Danny Green + Boris Diaw for Enes Kanter.

Stupid? We get athleticism at the 3-4-5. Rebounding, defense suffers a little. But he's very young and can still learn. Not even sure about the cap since it was just a random thought.

I doubt OKC would do it. Kanter's been huge for them and he's only getting better.

I like the idea of dealing Green and Diaw for a big though.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#24 » by Nolan » Wed May 18, 2016 3:37 pm

What do you guys think about Evan Fournier? He can do a bit of everything on the offensive end, bring him in as a Manu replacement?
Phreak50
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,960

Post#25 » by Phreak50 » Wed May 18, 2016 8:33 pm

I watched a few Magic games this year and he looked weak and passive. Can't judge on such a small snippet but if that's his game I wouldn't want him.

I still think a real point guard is what we want first, then a big.

Obviously Parker is declining but he has never been a true point guard and we looked lost when he over dribbled and were often forced into bad shots.

I'd make a deal for Rubio (or get Lin as I've said numerous times) he'd be our new Avery Johnson and I'm sure we could find his jumper spots like Robinson used to with Avery.

Having someone like Reddick or Korver would be sweet, not sure if we could swing someone on their level but maybe look for something similar because even those gunners can dribble and know when and where to pass the ball. Something I'd be willing to trade off for Danny Green's defence because even with two of the best defenders in the league, OKC proved better offense beats that.

It sucks we had to lose Baynes. He'd be great starting next to Aldridge and moving Timmy to the bench.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#26 » by Nolan » Wed May 18, 2016 9:30 pm

Phreak50 wrote:I watched a few Magic games this year and he looked weak and passive. Can't judge on such a small snippet but if that's his game I wouldn't want him.

I still think a real point guard is what we want first, then a big.

Obviously Parker is declining but he has never been a true point guard and we looked lost when he over dribbled and were often forced into bad shots.

I'd make a deal for Rubio (or get Lin as I've said numerous times) he'd be our new Avery Johnson and I'm sure we could find his jumper spots like Robinson used to with Avery.

Having someone like Reddick or Korver would be sweet, not sure if we could swing someone on their level but maybe look for something similar because even those gunners can dribble and know when and where to pass the ball. Something I'd be willing to trade off for Danny Green's defence because even with two of the best defenders in the league, OKC proved better offense beats that.

It sucks we had to lose Baynes. He'd be great starting next to Aldridge and moving Timmy to the bench.

I'd be all over Lin, he's exactly what we need at PG and he could give us some minutes at SG as well.

Agree with you on Baynes too. I really wish we would of figured out a way to keep both him and CoJo.
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#27 » by goodboy » Wed May 18, 2016 10:31 pm

You guys will bounce back :)
Bright
Maroko
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,432

Post#28 » by Maroko » Wed May 18, 2016 10:47 pm

HeatWillRise wrote:You guys will bounce back :)

SpursWillRise
NBADraft2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,123

Post#29 » by NBADraft2003 » Wed May 18, 2016 11:49 pm

HeatWillRise wrote:You guys will bounce back :)

Matt Bonner(S&T) for SpursWillRise?

Who says no? I suspect we might have to add value but anything to dump him.

:D
alexb618
Rookie
And1: 870

Post#30 » by alexb618 » Fri May 20, 2016 6:16 am

can we get jahlil okafor?

i agree jeremy lin would be a great fit for us
Travis Outlaw: Oh man. That feels great. To have a bobblehead of me is just terrific.
Phreak50
Lead Assistant

Post#31 » by Phreak50 » Fri May 20, 2016 6:43 am

Pop's exit interview, worth a watch:
https://youtu.be/Z8dielvpd6g

Apart from the 'Nasa just discovered 100 planets and a team lost a basketball game' quote, he does mention youth and speed as a need and agrees with a reporter that when looking back on players, playoff performances carry much more weight.

If that holds true, I can see Diaw, Mills, possibly Geen on the block right away.

I know we were within a couple calls of being 3-0 or 3-1 up but in the end we weren't and I'm sure the team would be honest enough to say they simply didn't find the extra gear needed in the playoffs and need changes.

Surely RC and Pop can see that means more than loyalty and keeping the family together again.
imagump1313
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,179

Post#32 » by imagump1313 » Fri May 20, 2016 2:32 pm

Phreak50 wrote:Pop's exit interview, worth a watch:
https://youtu.be/Z8dielvpd6g

Apart from the 'Nasa just discovered 100 planets and a team lost a basketball game' quote, he does mention youth and speed as a need and agrees with a reporter that when looking back on players, playoff performances carry much more weight.

If that holds true, I can see Diaw, Mills, possibly Geen on the block right away.

I know we were within a couple calls of being 3-0 or 3-1 up but in the end we weren't and I'm sure the team would be honest enough to say they simply didn't find the extra gear needed in the playoffs and need changes.

Surely RC and Pop can see that means more than loyalty and keeping the family together again.

I found it interesting that he never answered the question about "If someone had watched Tim Duncan only this season and not his entire career, what would they think about him?" I thought it was kind of a dicky question to begin with and I'm glad he didn't answer.
druggas
Head Coach
And1: 5,131

Post#33 » by druggas » Sat May 21, 2016 3:16 am

I've never seen a 67 win team with so many questions.
Phreak50
Lead Assistant

Post#34 » by Phreak50 » Sat May 21, 2016 3:53 am

druggas wrote:I've never seen a 67 win team with so many questions.

It's not so much that the Spurs have that many questions, it just looks worse because of their wins.

The fact is the league is probably the weakest it's been in possibly ever. There are a handful of quality West teams and maybe one or two decent East teams.

And the rest aren't even close, it's a joke. Hence the Spurs, the Warriors' records.

You've still got to beat the best teams come playoff time, which we failed at obviously but it's really a scratch your head failure like a 67 win team losing the 2nd round on paper may suggest.
UDRIH14
General Manager
And1: 662

Post#35 » by UDRIH14 » Sat May 21, 2016 4:18 am

problem i have with this team atm since last championship,

they have the roster to win more but they are under performing to their full potential in the playoffs,
i still dont get how the spurs loss in the first round last year after winning a championship, you cant be that unmotivated to defend a title, let alone losing to the clippers...happy just to be in the playoffs, wtf? then this season bs performance, how can you say a 67 win team overachieved when all they did all year was trying to implement 4-5 new guys into the system...either the spurs didnt improved or other teams have caught up?
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#36 » by ChokeFasncists » Sun May 22, 2016 6:43 am

Nolan wrote:I'd be all over Lin, he's exactly what we need at PG and he could give us some minutes at SG as well.

Agreed. Lin fits like a glove with the Spurs culture. Won't be too expensive. TP has declined a little quicker than anticipated. With the decline of Manu and TD, two great passers, the team probably needs better facilitating for Kawai and LMMA. Without great finishers around the basket TD and TP, Green's shooting has suffered, Lin is pretty good at going to the basket and dishing.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
UDRIH14
General Manager
And1: 662

Post#37 » by UDRIH14 » Mon May 23, 2016 1:32 am

dont need lin

go after shuan livingston ... isnt he a FA also? his currently earning minimum on the warriors
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#38 » by ChokeFasncists » Mon May 23, 2016 8:06 am

Without a jump shot, Livingston won't be a good starting guard in this day and age. He's already 30.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Phreak50
Lead Assistant

Post#39 » by Phreak50 » Mon May 23, 2016 8:17 am

Livingston would be a bad fit for this team.
GM Wotsup
Junior
And1: 272

Post#40 » by GM Wotsup » Mon May 23, 2016 11:20 am

UDRIH14 wrote:problem i have with this team atm since last championship,

they have the roster to win more but they are under performing to their full potential in the playoffs,
i still dont get how the spurs loss in the first round last year after winning a championship, you cant be that unmotivated to defend a title, let alone losing to the clippers...happy just to be in the playoffs, wtf? then this season bs performance, how can you say a 67 win team overachieved when all they did all year was trying to implement 4-5 new guys into the system...either the spurs didnt improved or other teams have caught up?

The Clips last season rightly/wrongly were the Spurs worst match up. Still the one thing that did them in was Splitter's calf injury. Missing Splitters D cost the series. In one respect it was a tragedy as the Spurs last season were a horrible match up for GSW. This season is totally different. Simply put, under achieved, beat by an OKC team that was clearly better.

Return to San Antonio Spurs