Tim Duncan Retires

Moderator: G R E Y

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,433

Re: Tim Duncan Retires 

Post#41 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Nov 2, 2016 12:43 am

Still weird watching a Spurs game w/out Timmy.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
CDior510
Junior
And1: 105

Post#42 » by CDior510 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:51 pm

law_1990 wrote:https://soundcloud.com/espn-san-antonio/tim-duncans-farewell-interview-with-rashidi-clenance-on-vivid-streaming-7-13-16?in=espn-san-antonio/sets/the-hardline-daily-podcasts

interview with tim if anyone missed it

Because it's a guaranteed contract. Because he's god.

Johnstarks wrote:The thing that will always stick out to me is duncan in the 2005 finals vs detroit. I remember marveling at how ordinary duncan was in that series and thinking man, he's pretty much done as a star.

Then He managed to completely reinvent himself and cede scoring duties to others and keep the spurs competitive for the next DECADE.

You try being double teamed by arguably the greatest defensive power forward center duo of that era in the DEFENDING CHAMPION Pistons Ben Wallace a defensive beast who could guard Tim by himself, and Rasheed Wallace who could give Tim fits. He won finals MVP and basically carried them outside of Manu who was the only Spur to really step up and Horry for key shots in key games.

My personal opinion though so, not really trying to argue. I saw Allen Iverson get drafted, but I was only 5 and didn't really see anyone else from his draft get drafted I didn't really like Basketball, then Michael Jordan came back and everyone got hip to Basketball and I watched the entire 1997 draft start to finish and I remember looking at Tim and being he's soo plain looking, I wonder how he plays, and then I saw highlights and the talk about him and I started really getting into basketball and my uncles from San Antonio so he got me a jersey and we watched games together. I fell in love with Tim's demeanor, his play style at that time was tremendous, I didn't think anyone could play like that at his size, he was like a SF/C who played PF. He banged down low, he blocked shots to the rafters. He dribbled past big's and posted and toasted every single person smaller then him and did it with every post repertoire move you could imagine. He's the definition of a person who lived through his passion, he didn't have to fake it like half these guys today. Basketball was his passion and joy so working hard to be the best and doing all the right things were never a second thought for him. Hard to find a better example of a sport figure or person for that matter.
inDe_eD
Bench Warmer
And1: 869

Post#43 » by inDe_eD » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:41 pm

Super interesting: Michael C. Wright was on the Monday Truehoop Pod.

They conspiracy-theorized about Timmy "retiring" and coming back in March, as Pop's next major innovation in player resting. Apparently TDs at the gym every single day and staying in game shape.

The dream is real folks.
“Let's say TPE is a big hole, Ryan Anderson is a "power plug Dick" ($21 million a year). All you have to do is use the Dick to plug in. Great trade and great deal! This is called "perfect fit" in the nba.”
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Post#44 » by Nolan » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:51 pm

inDe_eD wrote:Super interesting: Michael C. Wright was on the Monday Truehoop Pod.

They conspiracy-theorized about Timmy "retiring" and coming back in March, as Pop's next major innovation in player resting. Apparently TDs at the gym every single day and staying in game shape.

The dream is real folks.

That would be hysterical. But I doubt it happens with us retiring his jersey in December, everyone would look kinda stupid and we're not an organization know for making ourselves look stupid.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
inDe_eD
Bench Warmer
And1: 869

Post#45 » by inDe_eD » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:56 pm

Nolan wrote:
inDe_eD wrote:Super interesting: Michael C. Wright was on the Monday Truehoop Pod.

The dream is real folks.

That would be hysterical. But I doubt it happens with us retiring his jersey in December, everyone would look kinda stupid and we're not an organization know for making ourselves look stupid.

Yea they speculated on that too, said he'd come back wearing 42 :lol:
“Let's say TPE is a big hole, Ryan Anderson is a "power plug Dick" ($21 million a year). All you have to do is use the Dick to plug in. Great trade and great deal! This is called "perfect fit" in the nba.”
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Post#46 » by Nolan » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:12 pm

inDe_eD wrote:
Nolan wrote:Yea they speculated on that too, said he'd come back wearing 42 :lol:

:lol: :roll:

He's also been working as an assistant which explains why he's there all the time too.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
alexb618
Rookie
And1: 870

Post#47 » by alexb618 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:25 am

real nice ceremony after the game tonight, though it did feel a bit like a funeral at times
Travis Outlaw: Oh man. That feels great. To have a bobblehead of me is just terrific.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#48 » by bondom34 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:45 am

MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
ken6199
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 18,558

Post#49 » by ken6199 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:40 pm

I think I saw Manu crying during Duncan's speech.
RealGM loves you, Melissa.

Return to San Antonio Spurs