Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

GT: Heat vs. Spurs 

Post#1 » by Nolan » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:22 pm

When: 6:30 PM MT Nov 14th 2016
Where: AT&T Center, San Antonio TX

Should be a good one tonight. The Heat haven't exactly been on their game so far this year and we have already beaten them once this year. But they are a scrappy team and deep team with a couple quality players.

Contain the Dragic Whiteside P&R is going to be the key to winning this one.

Go Spurs!!
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,943

Re: GT: Heat vs. Spurs 

Post#2 » by ducler » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:43 am

goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,293

Post#3 » by goodboy » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:26 am

easy win imo
Bright
-Sammy-
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,699

Post#4 » by -Sammy- » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:14 am

Kawhi's rebounding better tonight. Nice to see.
FlashFlare
RealGM
And1: 30,615

Post#5 » by FlashFlare » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:52 am

goodboy wrote:easy win imo

i knew i find you here
100% WADEaboo
Milenkovic
Junior
And1: 606

Post#6 » by Milenkovic » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:19 am

I'm really like Dedmon more and more
Phreak50
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,962

Post#7 » by Phreak50 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:07 am

Kawhi now 24-68 2 pointers over the last 5 games. 35%.

Maybe he can't quite handle the workload of the increased shots while still being the best defender in the league.
duncan21
Junior
And1: 63

Post#8 » by duncan21 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:20 am

WINSLOW................

Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by Nolan » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:02 pm

I see nothing wrong with any of those Winslow plays. He's a big strong dude that plays hard.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by Nolan » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:03 pm

Didn't catch the game. Can anyone give me a summary? I may watch the replay if I have some free time.
duncan21
Junior

Post#11 » by duncan21 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:11 pm

Nolan wrote:I see nothing wrong with any of those Winslow plays. He's a big strong dude that plays hard.

2 PLAYER GET HURT,NOTHING WRONG ?????? ARE U SERIOUS ??????? :banghead:
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by Nolan » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:19 pm

duncan21 wrote:
Nolan wrote:I see nothing wrong with any of those Winslow plays. He's a big strong dude that plays hard.

It was incidental contact, nothing intentional or dirty. Basketball is a contact sport injuries happen.
popfan
Junior
And1: 224

Post#13 » by popfan » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:40 pm

The Spurs held a nice lead at the half. I thought Manu and Tony played well in the first half. In the second half, the game became unpleasant to watch -- a la 1990s NY Knicks -- as the Heat increased their defensive physicality. Dedmon limped away awkwardly for several minutes after receiving a nasty thigh bruise from Winslow. Meanwhile Kawhi's offense seemed bothered by the physical play. In my estimation Kawhi played to the Heat's uninspired level. It's the third consecutive game in which Kawhi's offensive energy felt...low. Since last Friday's game, Kawhi's seemed either ill (perhaps flu), fatigued (due to schedule), or weary (from his offensive burden).

Meanwhile Pop started Mills at PG at the top of the fourth allowing Tony fresh legs during the final minutes of the fourth. In Friday's game against the Pistons, Pop started Tony at the top of the fourth, tiring him too soon. IMO keeping Parker fresh for the end of the game helped stem the Heat's end-of-game run. At this point, I'd rather have a fresh Tony running the offense than Mills with under 2 minutes remaining.

As for Kyle Anderson, he again played passively. In the second half, Manu fed KA for an open three (as he did Saturday) but this time Kyle opted to penetrate and dump off rather than pull the trigger. I also spotted a KA defensive lapse that allowed an easy Heat layup. Pop certainly has been patient.

Nolan wrote:Didn't catch the game. Can anyone give me a summary? I may watch the replay if I have some free time.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by Nolan » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:33 pm

popfan wrote:The Spurs held a nice lead at the half. I thought Manu and Tony played well in the first half. In the second half, the game became unpleasant to watch -- a la 1990s NY Knicks -- as the Heat increased their defensive physicality. Dedmon limped away awkwardly for several minutes after receiving a nasty thigh bruise from Winslow. Meanwhile Kawhi's offense seemed bothered by the physical play. In my estimation Kawhi played to the Heat's uninspired level. It's the third consecutive game in which Kawhi's offensive energy felt...low. Since last Friday's game, Kawhi's seemed either ill (perhaps flu), fatigued (due to schedule), or weary (from his offensive burden).

Meanwhile Pop started Mills at PG at the top of the fourth allowing Tony fresh legs during the final minutes of the fourth. In Friday's game against the Pistons, Pop started Tony at the top of the fourth, tiring him too soon. IMO keeping Parker fresh for the end of the game helped stem the Heat's end-of-game run. At this point, I'd rather have a fresh Tony running the offense than Mills with under 2 minutes remaining.

As for Kyle Anderson, he again played passively. In the second half, Manu fed KA for an open three (as he did Saturday) but this time Kyle opted to penetrate and dump off rather than pull the trigger. I also spotted a KA defensive lapse that allowed an easy Heat layup. Pop certainly has been patient.

Nolan wrote:Didn't catch the game. Can anyone give me a summary? I may watch the replay if I have some free time.

Thanks for the recap!
duncan21
Junior

Post#15 » by duncan21 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:26 pm

Nolan wrote:
duncan21 wrote:

It was incidental contact, nothing intentional or dirty. Basketball is a contact sport injuries happen.

NO,HE DID IT JUST LIKE HE DID AGAINST WADE

Return to San Antonio Spurs