Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

GT: Spurs vs. Suns 

Post#1 » by Nolan » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:44 pm

When: 4:00 PM MT, Jan 14th 2017
Where: Mexico City Arena, Mexico City, Mexico

This should be a good one! Travel and weather should be our biggest enemies in this one. The Suns have already been in Mexico for a couple days so we need to come out fresh and play our game.

Go Spurs!!
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
jptremblay
Rookie
And1: 1,215

Re: GT: Spurs vs. Suns 

Post#2 » by jptremblay » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:37 pm

Didn't have much interest in this game...but I had no idea that it was scheduled in Mexico...so I'm gonna watch it...should be fun.
When this account gets more "And1"s than posts written ...then my life will be complete. And maybe it will be the right time to hang it up. (Achieved on 2017-2018 season)...but still here.
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,943

Post#3 » by ducler » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:31 pm

Phreak50
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,962

Post#4 » by Phreak50 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:35 pm

Lack of respect for the Suns and the game in general by our guys in the first.

Already 7 turnovers and still a couple minutes to play in the first.
Phreak50
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,962

Post#5 » by Phreak50 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:37 am

What a horrible game.

Wasted a career high 38 by Kawhi.

Just no help at all. Pau was non existent on offense, Danny Green 0-4 threes and Aldridge looked over powered by Chandler and Len which he should be embarrassed about, he couldn't get his jumper off and down low was throwing up hail mary's. LMA only getting 4 rebounds is sad as well. Tonight was the 'I want you traded and gone' Aldridge for me.

Outrebounded 45-33 is embarrassing as well.

And just too many turnovers. Simmons with 4 playing too out of control and backing up my statement in the Lakers thread yesterday about how skill and talent isn't enough. Kawhi had 3, a couple of them costly.

As drob said in the General board, Pop's rotations were bad too. Obviously we really missed Mills but we could have used Dedmon's hustle while Aldridge was struggling.

And I noticed a lot over the last few games and again tonight, the fault with Kawhi's defense. He is constantly keeping one eye on the guy with the ball and not trusting his teammates enough which is putting him out of position when his own man gets the ball. When he stopped that and decided to lock in on his man (as seen when he shut down Booker a couple times in the 4th), he was really good.

I'm not sure our team is actually learning from all of these losses, which is the worrying thing. Kawhi was unstoppable at times, especially when he posted up and then when he needed a bucket we went to Aldridge who was simply lost on offense tonight, or to Parker instead of riding Kawhi.
duncan21
Junior
And1: 63

Post#6 » by duncan21 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:52 am

DAMN,WE KEEP CHOKING AT THE LINE IN CRUNCH TIME
Cycloneon
Senior
And1: 717

Post#7 » by Cycloneon » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:04 pm

Had a bad feeling about this game going in, knowing how easily Devin Booker can torch anyone. Also with them finally being healthy

I got no clue if LMA is still feeling effects from his sickness. But you're facing Phoenix and for someone of you're caliber only hoisting up a 15/4 statline is embarrassing.

I still want San Antonio to just bite the bullet and see what they can get in a trade. But of course they aren't going to entertain the idea

It's times like this where I wish Kawhi had a running mate beside him. Someone like.... Jimmy Butler. Okay, I know. too far.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by Nolan » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:40 pm

duncan21 wrote:DAMN,WE KEEP CHOKING AT THE LINE IN CRUNCH TIME

Don't get mad at the guy that scored 38 get mad at the rest of the team that didn't show up for the second half. A free throw miss didn't lose us this game.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by Nolan » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:43 pm

Another game that slipped away from us late that we should of definitely won. Kawhi was amazing but poor defense in the 4th and general fatigue killed us. Parker looked absolutely gassed.

I'm still not sure how I feel about these games in Mexico.
duncan21
Junior
And1: 63

Post#10 » by duncan21 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:17 am

Nolan wrote:
duncan21 wrote:DAMN,WE KEEP CHOKING AT THE LINE IN CRUNCH TIME

Don't get mad at the guy that scored 38 get mad at the rest of the team that didn't show up for the second half. A free throw miss didn't lose us this game.

But he could tie the game if he made it.........

Return to San Antonio Spurs