Let's discuss Kawhi for MVP

Moderator: G R E Y

Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Re: Let's discuss Kawhi for MVP 

Post#41 » by Nolan » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:34 pm

UDRIH14 wrote:why do ppl upstairs keep on discrediting the hardwork kawhi has put into his game, but continue regurgitate the crap that pops system benefits him...if the system is so great, why are most of these guys the spurs draft who leave the spurs dont become successful ? how about the incoming FA that sign here, none of them especially the players like LMA/PAU/RJ/WEST didnt succeed in the system? they didnt even live up to the $$$ contract spurs signed them too...

how come the guys the spurs drafted same year or after kawhi, didnt panned out like he did if the system benefits their limited skillsets?

look at the incremental increases from kawhis rookie year to now, he had to beat 3 guys up the rotation to get starting job...

This bothers me as well, especially when it comes from former players who know how hard it is to be successful in this league. Coaching alone can only take you so far you have to want it bad to get to the level Kawhi's at and you can't teach that desire.

Kawhi's Kawhi because of Kawhi. No one made him he made himself.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
UDRIH14
General Manager
And1: 662

Post#42 » by UDRIH14 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:15 am

what they also fail to realise the spurs from start of season till now, at leasts someone in the rotation has been out injured for significant amount of time..yet spurs still manage to win games

green - 3 weeks start of season
pau - broken hand
lma - heart
kawhi and parker have taken like 10 games each not playing
UDRIH14
General Manager

Post#43 » by UDRIH14 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:59 pm

looks like kawhis chancs are dissappearing by the day, with t he no.1 seed dangling in front of them, but they keep on dropping games and poor outtings by kawhi, doesnt help that nobody shows up and pop not coaching to win the game...

u also notice he comes back to the next game chucking to get going, but it hurts his efficiency...
looks like pop is hurting kawhis chances of winning mvp by dropping games now...
benson13
Rookie
And1: 979

Post#44 » by benson13 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:16 pm

He just doesn't have the outrageous stats that Harden, Westbrook, and even LeBron have. His minutes are limited by Popovich, he isn't a guy who will get six or seven assists a game, and I don't think he chases numbers.
-Sammy-
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,668

Post#45 » by -Sammy- » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:40 pm

Nolan wrote:
UDRIH14 wrote:why do ppl upstairs keep on discrediting the hardwork kawhi has put into his game, but continue regurgitate the crap that pops system benefits him...if the system is so great, why are most of these guys the spurs draft who leave the spurs dont become successful ? how about the incoming FA that sign here, none of them especially the players like LMA/PAU/RJ/WEST didnt succeed in the system? they didnt even live up to the $$$ contract spurs signed them too...

how come the guys the spurs drafted same year or after kawhi, didnt panned out like he did if the system benefits their limited skillsets?

look at the incremental increases from kawhis rookie year to now, he had to beat 3 guys up the rotation to get starting job...

This bothers me as well, especially when it comes from former players who know how hard it is to be successful in this league. Coaching alone can only take you so far you have to want it bad to get to the level Kawhi's at and you can't teach that desire.

Kawhi's Kawhi because of Kawhi. No one made him he made himself.

I agree with you guys. The Spurs organization is the soil, but Kawhi is the seed; you need both for a harvest, but the seed is what determines what kind of crop you're going to get, so if you get good fruit, it's because you started with a good seed.
UDRIH14
General Manager

Post#46 » by UDRIH14 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:16 am

benson13 wrote:He just doesn't have the outrageous stats that Harden, Westbrook, and even LeBron have. His minutes are limited by Popovich, he isn't a guy who will get six or seven assists a game, and I don't think he chases numbers.

kawhi is not a playmaker, thats not his game and he doesnt need to be a playmaker to rack up assists, thats not the spurs system, even prime parker struggle to avg 5apg, so why should kawhi try pad his assists? spurs system is always looking at making that extra pass for the easier shot...

even if u want him to be a playmaker when the spurs need offense, u look at the crap his playing with who continue to brick shots, dont look at the fg efficiency, just look at every time they receive a pass from kawhi they are bricking it
benson13
Rookie
And1: 979

Post#47 » by benson13 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:11 pm

UDRIH14 wrote:
benson13 wrote:He just doesn't have the outrageous stats that Harden, Westbrook, and even LeBron have. His minutes are limited by Popovich, he isn't a guy who will get six or seven assists a game, and I don't think he chases numbers.

kawhi is not a playmaker, thats not his game and he doesnt need to be a playmaker to rack up assists, thats not the spurs system, even prime parker struggle to avg 5apg, so why should kawhi try pad his assists? spurs system is always looking at making that extra pass for the easier shot...

even if u want him to be a playmaker when the spurs need offense, u look at the crap his playing with who continue to brick shots, dont look at the fg efficiency, just look at every time they receive a pass from kawhi they are bricking it

I'm' not holding his playmaking against him as a player, I'm holding it against him as an MVP candidate.
UDRIH14
General Manager

Post#48 » by UDRIH14 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:51 am

benson13 wrote:
UDRIH14 wrote:

I'm' not holding his playmaking against him as a player, I'm holding it against him as an MVP candidate.

why does he need to be a play maker if his team is winning games? stats dont mean anything if u dont get the win...
Drax
Analyst
And1: 2,948

Post#49 » by Drax » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:45 am

Just an outsider who wants to drop by real quick, i'd rather have Kawhi on my team than any other of the current MVP candidates. It feels like he's in the league forever but he's just 25, has three more ridiculous cheap years on his deal after this season and still gets better, it's unreal. I envy you guys.
Boston Celtics depth chart:

Guards: Holiday, White, Pritchard
Wings: Tatum, Brown, Hauser, Brissett
Bigs: Porzingis, Horford
Kawhi_205
Freshman
And1: 3

Post#50 » by Kawhi_205 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:58 am

I am nearly sure that Kawhi is the 2018 NBA MVP. I wrote it why on my Official Kawhi Leonard Thread. (All candicates has an other star with them, and you don't have to win a ring to earn mvp Rudy Gay is not gonna be a starter.)
Go Spurs, Go! 8-) 8-)
duncan21
Junior
And1: 63

Post#51 » by duncan21 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:09 am

spurs gonna 1st rd exit next year due to kawhi got no help

Sent from my SM-C5000 using RealGM mobile app
Kawhi_205
Freshman

Re: RE: Re: Let's discuss Kawhi for MVP 

Post#52 » by Kawhi_205 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:20 am

duncan21 wrote:spurs gonna 1st rd exit next year due to kawhi got no help

Westy? 1st round exit this year and MVP
And I also think that we will be eliminated in the WCF, just like this year.
I trust in Pop. :)

GoSpursGo Kawhi4ever
Go Spurs, Go! 8-) 8-)
duncan21
Junior

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Let's discuss Kawhi for MVP 

Post#53 » by duncan21 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:52 am

Kawhi_205 wrote:

GoSpursGo Kawhi4ever

when you have a fake star named Softdridge,you know spurs won't go deep,plus the spurs's **** offseason game,they lost dedmon and simmons,unless kawhi could be as good ad prime time jordan

WCF,I seems forgot rockets,t wolves and thunders,they will give us big trouble
Kawhi_205
Freshman

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Let's discuss Kawhi for MVP 

Post#54 » by Kawhi_205 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:10 am

duncan21 wrote:
Kawhi_205 wrote:

GoSpursGo Kawhi4ever

when you have a fake star named Softdridge,you know spurs won't go deep,plus the spurs's **** offseason game,they lost dedmon and simmons,unless kawhi could be as good ad prime time jordan

The priority in my comment was the MVP title, the WCF-part was a everything-can-happen.

GoSpursGo Kawhi4ever
Go Spurs, Go! 8-) 8-)
devindixen
Freshman
And1: 12

Post#55 » by devindixen » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:01 pm

It really is hard to see us winning a title with this roster. I feel like we max out at 2nd best in West. I. Think we're more likely to be 3td or 4th in west.

Sent from my SM-G935F using RealGM mobile app
Kawhi_205
Freshman

Re: RE: Re: Let's discuss Kawhi for MVP 

Post#56 » by Kawhi_205 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:51 pm

devindixen wrote:It really is hard to see us winning a title with this roster. I feel like we max out at 2nd best in West. I. Think we're more likely to be 3td or 4th in west.

Sent from my SM-G935F using RealGM mobile app

I agree, but Kawhi can be MVP.

GoSpursGo Kawhi4ever
Go Spurs, Go! 8-) 8-)
duncan21
Junior

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Let's discuss Kawhi for MVP 

Post#57 » by duncan21 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:23 pm

Kawhi_205 wrote:
duncan21 wrote:
Kawhi_205 wrote:Westy? 1st round exit this year and MVP

GoSpursGo Kawhi4ever

The priority in my comment was the MVP title, the WCF-part was a everything-can-happen.

GoSpursGo Kawhi4ever

wcf is not gonna happen with the spurs get weaker while other team get better,because we know Softdridge won't help kawhi,He is an proven playoffs choker in playoffs,who never show up in big games

Return to San Antonio Spurs