Dedmon to the Hawks, 2 years 14 million

Moderator: G R E Y

Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Dedmon to the Hawks, 2 years 14 million 

Post#1 » by Nolan » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:40 pm

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/246871/Dewayne-Dedmon-Agrees-To-Two-Year-$14M-Deal-With-Hawks

Dewayne Dedmon has agreed to a two-year, $14 million deal with the Atlanta Hawks.

Dedmon will also receive a player option for Year 2 of the deal.

In a breakout season with the San Antonio Spurs, Dedmon averaged 17.5 minutes, 5.1 points and 6.5 rebounds in 76 games.

Dedmon also signed a two-year deal with the Spurs last offseason.

Travis Schlenk is familiar with Dedmon from their time with the Warriors.

If that was the price we should of paid it.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
-Sammy-
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,699

Re: Dedmon to the Hawks, 2 years 14 million 

Post#2 » by -Sammy- » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:28 am

Nolan wrote:http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/246871/Dewayne-Dedmon-Agrees-To-Two-Year-$14M-Deal-With-Hawks

Dewayne Dedmon has agreed to a two-year, $14 million deal with the Atlanta Hawks.

Dedmon will also receive a player option for Year 2 of the deal.

In a breakout season with the San Antonio Spurs, Dedmon averaged 17.5 minutes, 5.1 points and 6.5 rebounds in 76 games.

Dedmon also signed a two-year deal with the Spurs last offseason.

Travis Schlenk is familiar with Dedmon from their time with the Warriors.

If that was the price we should of paid it.

I mostly agree. It seems a bit high and we don't have a lot of room in the ol' bank account, but if 'keep the band together' is the approach the FO is taking, this seems like a strange non-move. I know he's mistake-prone, but I feel like a lot of that could be worked out through coaching and more/consistent minutes. 10p/13r/2b-per-36 isn't anything to scoff at.
imagump1313
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,261

Post#3 » by imagump1313 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:26 pm

Hmmm, I think that is a little high also. Especially since he was basically benched in the playoffs. I'm glad he got his money elsewhere though. My guess is our FO really didn't think he fit into our plans and let him move on. I really don't see where we could have gotten him more minutes next year, especially if Gasol is back.
yassillio
Rookie
And1: 1,074

Post#4 » by yassillio » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:41 pm

I'm a raptor fan, but have liked the SAS for a while. Can anyone tell me why the spurs felt like they had to rescind Simmons offer and letting dedmon walk ? It seems like both players could have been kept for under 13 mill combined ...

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using RealGM mobile app
Leo: I tell players all the time
Cycloneon
Senior
And1: 717

Post#5 » by Cycloneon » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:06 pm

yassillio wrote:I'm a raptor fan, but have liked the SAS for a while. Can anyone tell me why the spurs felt like they had to rescind Simmons offer and letting dedmon walk ? It seems like both players could have been kept for under 13 mill combined ...

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using RealGM mobile app

To put it short and sweet, Simmons wanted guaranteed money, San Antonio wasn't offering that.

and I guess Dedmon was too limited of a player to be offered a lot of money, and plus he's an UFA, he likely didn't really want to stay in the first place especially after not having the chance to play in the playoffs
duncan21
Junior
And1: 63

Post#6 » by duncan21 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:07 am

Simmons want is playing time,a starter job,that spurs cannot afford him

Sent from my SM-C5000 using RealGM mobile app
duncan21
Junior
And1: 63

Re: RE: Re: Dedmon to the Hawks, 2 years 14 million 

Post#7 » by duncan21 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:09 am

imagump1313 wrote:Hmmm, I think that is a little high also. Especially since he was basically benched in the playoffs. I'm glad he got his money elsewhere though. My guess is our FO really didn't think he fit into our plans and let him move on. I really don't see where we could have gotten him more minutes next year, especially if Gasol is back.

our rebound will getting owned by thunders's big men

Sent from my SM-C5000 using RealGM mobile app

Return to San Antonio Spurs