Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Kyrie Irving? 

Post#1 » by Nolan » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:08 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I don't how we'd pull it off, LMA would have to be involved but he would be an amazing get for us. I guess we'll see how this all unfolds.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
Rastas
Starter
And1: 1,174

Re: Kyrie Irving? 

Post#2 » by Rastas » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:57 am

Nolan wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I don't how we'd pull it off, LMA would have to be involved but he would be an amazing get for us. I guess we'll see how this all unfolds.

Haha , Cavs would respond to a LMA trade with a 'Pass , how about Kawhi for Irving'.

Best to not insult them and come up with a decent trade offer.
imagump1313
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,261

Post#3 » by imagump1313 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:31 pm

Rastas wrote:Haha , Cavs would respond to a LMA trade with a 'Pass , how about Kawhi for Irving'.

Best to not insult them and come up with a decent trade offer.

LOL. The Spurs wouldn't trade Kawhi for Irving and James together.

We don't have much else to offer them worthwhile so I say we pass altogether. Plus, if there is any truth at all to the rumors that James would come here next year anyway I doubt we would bring Irving here at a heavy price since the two of them don't get along it seems.

I'm really not an Irving fan myself. Too streaky for my taste for the pricetag.
Frankie23
Sixth Man
And1: 312

Post#4 » by Frankie23 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:42 pm

What do the Spurs have to offer?
A mix of Danny Green, LMA, Dejounte Murray, Derrick Murray, Davis Bertans, Kyle Anderson, rights of Nikola Milutinov and i don't think so, but Tony Parker maybe with a buyout and bringing him back.. Also taking a bad contract like Tristan Thompson or JR Smith.

I think a lot of teams, like NY or other have more pieces to offer, but when a player ask for a trade and he picks your team, the trade won't ever be fair, unless you trade him to a desperate team..
LyMinh
Lead Assistant
And1: 9

Post#5 » by LyMinh » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:55 pm

Let's trade for Kyrie.
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,474

Post#6 » by Ballings7 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:40 pm

I'd take Kyrie in a heartbeat for anyone not named Leonard, but not for just one year or something.

Kyrie and Leonard is a great tandem in their mid-20s and in the beginning of their prime. Both are Warriors killers and overwhelm Curry and Durant.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
Cycloneon
Senior
And1: 717

Post#7 » by Cycloneon » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:39 pm

I'm all for this. Obviously, with any other team wanting to get involved, a 3rd team must be involved in order to make this happen since there is no 1 team that can straight up trade for what Cleveland may want or even settle for.... Well maybe Boston since they had a crap ton of draft picks lol.

Cleveland prefers a starting point guard, and possibly a change in that big man rotation.. Give 'em Aldridge and heck, get Phoenix involved and take Chandler. Dunno about Cleveland but Bledsoe/Smith/James/Aldridge/Chandler sounds very formidable against Golden State... As long as everyone stays healthy
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#8 » by Stillwater » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:09 pm

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6920378Curious what Spurs fans think of this idea
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Frankie23
Sixth Man
And1: 312

Post#9 » by Frankie23 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:03 pm

Stillwater wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6920378Curious what Spurs fans think of this idea

I think there're too many players involved. Kyrie is a special player, but making major overhauls is not the Spurs style, specially at this stage of FA (almost ending).

Honestly, i would be very surprised if Spurs can get Kyrie in a trade given the fact that we do not have special tradeable assets.

Knicks can give Melo and Ntikila
-Sammy-
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,699

Post#10 » by -Sammy- » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:54 am

I like Kyrie in the right system, but I don't think we're the right system for his toolbox.
imagump1313
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,261

Post#11 » by imagump1313 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:20 am

According to Darren Wolfson's Twitter, We are actually one of 5 teams that have officially made an offer to Cleveland for Irving.

Read on Twitter

Firstly, I'm shocked....
Secondly, I would LOVE to know what we offered.
alexb618
Rookie
And1: 870

Post#12 » by alexb618 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:54 am

ive said this elsewhere but i think the only way the spurs put a deal together here is offering LMA and green (plus filler) in a 3 way so we get a big man included. we can't go into the season with bertans and gasol as the frontcourt.
Travis Outlaw: Oh man. That feels great. To have a bobblehead of me is just terrific.
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,474

Post#13 » by Ballings7 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:33 pm

I'm really glad to see the involvement... got the whole summer for it to work itself out.

And I'd do LMA/Green in a heartbeat for Kyrie.

Kyrie's offensive impact would over take Green's 3/D impact, and is replaceable with similar production, though likely not just as good production.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
duncan21
Junior
And1: 63

Re: RE: Re: Kyrie Irving? 

Post#14 » by duncan21 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:20 am

Frankie23 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6920378Curious what Spurs fans think of this idea

I think there're too many players involved. Kyrie is a special player, but making major overhauls is not the Spurs style, specially at this stage of FA (almost ending).

Honestly, i would be very surprised if Spurs can get Kyrie in a trade given the fact that we do not have special tradeable assets.

melo just want go to rockets

Sent from my SM-C5000 using RealGM mobile app
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Re: RE: Re: Kyrie Irving? 

Post#15 » by Stillwater » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:35 pm

duncan21 wrote:
Frankie23 wrote:

That idea is long past since an option anyway, after Knight got injured.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
duncan21
Junior
And1: 63

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Kyrie Irving? 

Post#16 » by duncan21 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:43 am

Stillwater wrote:
duncan21 wrote:
Frankie23 wrote:I think there're too many players involved. Kyrie is a special player, but making major overhauls is not the Spurs style, specially at this stage of FA (almost ending).

That idea is long past since an option anyway, after Knight got injured.

so

HardcoreNBAer
Freshman
And1: 33

Post#17 » by HardcoreNBAer » Sun Aug 6, 2017 12:33 am

Pop' could turn him into a legit superstar. Not sure how (we?) could get it done though.
devindixen
Freshman
And1: 12

Post#18 » by devindixen » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:05 am

We have such awful package to give Cleveland.

Talentwise, Green will have to be included. I'm sure Dejounte Murray will also be included since he's has the most value on our team as a youngster. Hell, likely even Kyle Anderson also included. That's not even an enticing offer even if we include LaMarcus and take back a bad contract.

Cleveland can do much better than whatever the Spurs can offer. I'm keeping my fingers crossed though.
UDRIH14
General Manager
And1: 662

Post#19 » by UDRIH14 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:40 pm

spurs clearly need a upgrade at pg

but this clown has character issues man, he wants to be the man when its clear b4 lebron return he led his team to the lottery, cant even lead his team to a playoff spot in t he pathetic weak easts...

him coming to the spurs, is like LMA all over again, another clown who wanted to be the man but when given the responsibility he disappeared at the pressure of the tasks at hand...

Return to San Antonio Spurs