yardbarker

New Arena Design

The place to discuss the history of Seattle Supersonics Basketball.

Moderators: bennith13, Sweezo

Post#1 New Arena Design
Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:55 pm by yearsago

yearsago
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#2 Re: New Arena Design
Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:19 pm by wiff

looks dope.
wiff
Head Coach
And1: 4

Post#3 Re: New Arena Design
Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:30 pm by andreaguiar

yearsago wrote:http://www.seattle.gov/dpd/AppDocs/GroupMeetings/DRProposal3014195AgendaID4269.pdf

Loving the details

I liked the location but would rather see it close to the Space Needle. Honestly I'm happy with everything right now :lol:
andreaguiar
Head Coach

Post#4 Re: New Arena Design
Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:23 pm by Hiphophead101

Thanks for the share. I love the basketball hoops in the plaza for the public to use
Also, with the glass i can imagine some spectacular views
Hiphophead101
Senior
And1: 2

Post#5 Re: New Arena Design
Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:47 am by jenn_gp

The designs have really come a long way since November. I'm impressed...with everything. I wasn't a fan of the turbine in the beginning, but I love the newly added detail of it going all the way down to street level. Love the lighting effects, love the grassy area on the roof. Looks great.
jenn_gp
Head Coach
And1: 3

Post#6 Re: New Arena Design
Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:32 am by andreaguiar

jenn_gp wrote:The designs have really come a long way since November. I'm impressed...with everything. I wasn't a fan of the turbine in the beginning, but I love the newly added detail of it going all the way down to street level. Love the lighting effects, love the grassy area on the roof. Looks great.

In short: you liked everything. :lol:

I'm really dumb. Didn't notice the roof was supposed to look like a turbin.
andreaguiar
Head Coach

Post#7 Re: New Arena Design
Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:05 am by Sweezo

jenn_gp wrote:The designs have really come a long way since November. I'm impressed...with everything. I wasn't a fan of the turbine in the beginning, but I love the newly added detail of it going all the way down to street level. Love the lighting effects, love the grassy area on the roof. Looks great.

The more the new arena design has been fleshed out, the more I've come to like it. What you call a turbine I called a flan dumped on a plate for someone's dessert. But the added details have made it seem more inviting and unique. It's a building I think the city will be proud of, which definitely sets it apart from KeyArena.

Personally, I have a much easier time getting to Mariners/Seahawks games than I do getting to Seattle Center from the East side [and when I'm working our Seattle office which is in Queen Anne and trying to get home it's a damned nightmare]. I'm not sure if that will hold true for a Sonics games after work but we'll see.
Sweezo

Community Mod
Community Mod
And1: 32

Post#8 Re: New Arena Design
Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:27 pm by jenn_gp

andreaguiar wrote:

Well I only called it that because that's what they called it in the PowerPoint presentation. Ha!
jenn_gp
Head Coach

Post#9 Re: New Arena Design
Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:22 am by andreaguiar

jenn_gp wrote:
andreaguiar wrote:

Well I only called it that because that's what they called it in the PowerPoint presentation. Ha!

I'll be honest with you: I didn't read $hit. Only looked at the pics :lol:
andreaguiar
Head Coach

Post#10 Re: New Arena Design
Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:24 am by andreaguiar

Sweezo wrote:

The more the new arena design has been fleshed out, the more I've come to like it. What you call a turbine I called a flan dumped on a plate for someone's dessert. But the added details have made it seem more inviting and unique. It's a building I think the city will be proud of, which definitely sets it apart from KeyArena.

Personally, I have a much easier time getting to Mariners/Seahawks games than I do getting to Seattle Center from the East side [and when I'm working our Seattle office which is in Queen Anne and trying to get home it's a damned nightmare]. I'm not sure if that will hold true for a Sonics games after work but we'll see.

:lol: Definitely looks like a flan or gelatine gone wrong, collapsing sideways. :lol:

andreaguiar
Head Coach

Post#11 Re: New Arena Design
Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:16 pm by Eleqtrique

Sweezooooo, wiff, jenn_gp, andreaguiar, hiphophead feels like I'm living in 2008!
Eleqtrique
Lead Assistant
And1: 669

Post#12 Re: New Arena Design
Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:34 am by andreaguiar

Eleqtrique wrote:Sweezooooo, wiff, jenn_gp, andreaguiar, hiphophead feels like I'm living in 2008!

Welcome back Eleqtrique :bowdown: Waiting for April 18th to hopefully end this misery.
andreaguiar
Head Coach

Post#13 Re: New Arena Design
Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:16 pm by Eleqtrique

Thanks bro I used to be Sonics-FAN around here before I changed my nickname for fantasy basketball purposes. :lol:

Here's a nice video of Fred Brown doing his thing back in the day.

Eleqtrique
Lead Assistant
And1: 669

Post#14 Re: New Arena Design
Fri Mar 1, 2013 8:44 am by andreaguiar

Eleqtrique wrote:Thanks bro I used to be Sonics-FAN around here before I changed my nickname for fantasy basketball purposes. :lol:

Here's a nice video of Fred Brown doing his thing back in the day.

The guy was awessome. A Ray Allen type of shooter. He can hit from everywhere.
andreaguiar
Head Coach

Post#15 Re: New Arena Design
Fri Mar 1, 2013 12:29 pm by 206

Really wish it was going closer to the Key to liven up that side a little more. This move makes sense though.
Freshman
And1: 2

Post#16 Re: New Arena Design
Fri Mar 1, 2013 1:57 pm by Sweezo

206 wrote:Really wish it was going closer to the Key to liven up that side a little more. This move makes sense though.

I like the idea of doing other things with Seattle Center. Turning that crappy arcade into the Chihuly exhibit was a stroke of genius. With the Chihuly exhibit, the EMP, Space Needle, Pacific Science Center, etc. there is some cool stuff down there. Plus, if we're using the Key until the new arena is built I'm not sure where you could find a spot in that area to do other things.

Having all the arenas clustered together would presumably encourage better parking options too.
Sweezo

Community Mod
Community Mod
And1: 32

Post#17 Re: New Arena Design
Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:18 am by Det the Threat

Some new arena designs are now online at Sonicsarena

SEATTLE… LET’S MAKE SOME NOISE!

Here's a video:

Det the Threat

Lead Assistant
And1: 99

Post#18 Re: New Arena Design
Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:46 pm by Det the Threat

There's a new topic on sonicsarena.com and it shows how the new arena could look like for Hockey games.

I really like the design overall and hockey would certainly look good there as well.

Hockey Anyone?
Det the Threat

Lead Assistant
And1: 99

Post#19 Re: New Arena Design
Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:02 pm by jenn_gp

The Sonic Rings idea is cool, where people will virtually be sitting over the court. That's what Chris meant early on when he said he had some special ideas about the upper level sections.
jenn_gp
Head Coach

Post#20 Re: New Arena Design
Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:06 pm by NekiEcko

As a fellow Designer in training, i am very impressed with these concepts. I think that the BOG would have to check it out.
NekiEcko

Rookie
And1: 94

Return to Seattle Supersonics Basketball