Anyone still here?

The place to discuss the history of Seattle Supersonics Basketball.

Moderator: Cactus Jack

Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Re: Where did all of the Sonics fans go? 

Post#21 » by Sweezo » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:09 am

Sweezo wrote:So, we should find enjoyment in the misery of Sacramento fans? Screw that. I'd rather see the NBA stick the Kings in L.A., watch the league continue to struggle with revenue, and see Stern ousted. As long as he's in charge this nonsense will just keep happening.

It's been two years since I posted this prior post. Things change, I guess. I still am not a fan of uprooting another team but enough happened in the past couple years [Anaheim rumors, Virginia Beach rumors, Sacramento arena plan imploding] that I'd rather have the Kings come to Seattle than see them go to another market.

BTW did anyone here the press conference with David Stern that was on KJR today? What a jackass. He tore into Chris Daniels for no good reason, and whined about "The Mariners got their money, the Seahawks got theirs, the Sonics didn't get anything" spiel again. Having to capitulate to his whims and desires in order to get the Sonics back makes me furious. If Stern had been willing to be the slightest bit patient and not so ham-handed in his attempts to get a new arena in Seattle he might have gotten one. There's plenty of money in Seattle for crying out loud.
jenn_gp
Head Coach
And1: 6

Post#22 » by jenn_gp » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:06 am

Sweezo wrote:BTW did anyone here the press conference with David Stern that was on KJR today? What a jackass. He tore into Chris Daniels for no good reason, and whined about "The Mariners got their money, the Seahawks got theirs, the Sonics didn't get anything" spiel again. Having to capitulate to his whims and desires in order to get the Sonics back makes me furious. If Stern had been willing to be the slightest bit patient and not so ham-handed in his attempts to get a new arena in Seattle he might have gotten one. There's plenty of money in Seattle for crying out loud.

I watched it yesterday. To be fair, CD had asked Stern a question that brought up our past situation with the Sonics and I didn't quite get the point of him asking about it at this point.

For once CD displayed bad judgement IMO.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#23 » by Sweezo » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:59 am

jenn_gp wrote:I watched it yesterday. To be fair, CD had asked Stern a question that brought up our past situation with the Sonics and I didn't quite get the point of him asking about it at this point.

For once CD displayed bad judgement IMO.

Was there an earlier question that I missed that got Stern steamed? I think the one that lead to Stern getting on his soapbox was Daniels asking a question about whether Stern stood by a recent statement that Seattle was a "great city." Which I guess you could take a couple different ways but the way it was delivered seemed fairly innocuous...?
yearsago
Sixth Man
And1: 2

Just read the 'goodbye' thread.. 

Post#24 » by yearsago » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:11 am

Man that was tough but yet great to see the passion from everyone. Lots of great posters...some have checked back in..but some haven't...anyone hear from some the 'regs'. Like downtown etc.
Co-Host of Seattle Sin Bin podcast at SonicsRising
bennith13
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23

Re: Just read the 'goodbye' thread.. 

Post#25 » by bennith13 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:35 am

Downtown is still around. He has been on the general board when the topic of the Kings moving was on there. I am sure we will see him around here, especially when it gets closer to a team being here.
andreaguiar
Head Coach

Post#26 » by andreaguiar » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:06 pm

Not only downtown but sonictecture should be on board if everything goes down well for Seattle. I'd say it will!
Downtown
Head Coach
And1: 577

Post#27 » by Downtown » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:20 pm

I just noticed this Sonics board. As for the topic, I'm still here as a Sonics fan. I've just been cruising around realgm but took up a bigger interest in the Grizzlies once the Sonics left. I left the Thunder support to those from OKC. I have to admit that once the Grizzlies finally "arrived" as a legit contender I took up more of an interest in the remaining Pacific Northwest team and now follow Portland and really watch how they are reshaping their team.

I have no thrill whatsoever about taking the Kings to Seattle since it's certainly not the fans from Sacramento's fault and wouldn't dare offend a single one of them, but if it ever did come to it I would definitely come back as a 100% Seattle Sonics fan since the whole ordeal of moving a team is completely out of my hands and although I would feel bad for the Sacramento fans, realisticly I would without question rejoice at having a team back in Seattle.
Honolulu Palms
Ballboy
And1: 19

Post#28 » by Honolulu Palms » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:00 pm

We are here.
Disguised as zombies or old wise witty men, as always.

We will come back.

Tomorrow.

Or the day after tomorrow.

We bleed green and gold. TWO - O - SIX BABY!
andreaguiar
Head Coach

Post#29 » by andreaguiar » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:41 pm

Downtown wrote:I just noticed this Sonics board. As for the topic, I'm still here as a Sonics fan. I've just been cruising around realgm but took up a bigger interest in the Grizzlies once the Sonics left. I left the Thunder support to those from OKC. I have to admit that once the Grizzlies finally "arrived" as a legit contender I took up more of an interest in the remaining Pacific Northwest team and now follow Portland and really watch how they are reshaping their team.

I have no thrill whatsoever about taking the Kings to Seattle since it's certainly not the fans from Sacramento's fault and wouldn't dare offend a single one of them, but if it ever did come to it I would definitely come back as a 100% Seattle Sonics fan since the whole ordeal of moving a team is completely out of my hands and although I would feel bad for the Sacramento fans, realisticly I would without question rejoice at having a team back in Seattle.

Glad to see you around, Downtown. We'll be back for sure. :)
Shronk
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#30 » by Shronk » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:24 pm

The good news is jenn-gp is still around. She is like the herpe of the sonics board, not always visible, but pops up now and again.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#31 » by Sweezo » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:38 pm

Shronk wrote:The good news is jenn-gp is still around. She is like the herpe of the sonics board, not always visible, but pops up now and again.

Although she might be less likely to pop up if people on here compare her to a cold sore...
andreaguiar
Head Coach

Post#32 » by andreaguiar » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:33 pm

Sweezo wrote:
Shronk wrote:The good news is jenn-gp is still around. She is like the herpe of the sonics board, not always visible, but pops up now and again.

Although she might be less likely to pop up if people on here compare her to a cold sore...

:lol: I hope she doesn't read this
yearsago
Sixth Man

Post#33 » by yearsago » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:10 pm

That is kind of a **** thing to say.
Co-Host of Seattle Sin Bin podcast at SonicsRising
Kryten
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#34 » by Kryten » Mon Mar 4, 2013 5:43 am

Hate to say anything until it's official, so I won't. Except that it's nice to be back on this board, and to see the traffic. Happy to see this account still here, and eventually be able to get back into it.
nunemouse
Sophomore
And1: 5

Post#35 » by nunemouse » Fri Mar 8, 2013 4:04 am

Could there be a thread created to discuss news/media related to a possible Seattle team?
jenn_gp
Head Coach

Post#36 » by jenn_gp » Fri Mar 8, 2013 4:20 am

I don't think being compared to herpes is a compliment...

How rude..lol

I'm here and I ain't leavin'. Go Supes!
OzSonic
Starter
And1: 7

Post#37 » by OzSonic » Fri Mar 8, 2013 4:43 am

jenn_gp wrote:I don't think being compared to herpes is a compliment...

How rude..lol

I just watched the Phatom Menace yesterday. Did you say that in your head in Jar Jar Binks' voice. :D
jenn_gp
Head Coach

Post#38 » by jenn_gp » Fri Mar 8, 2013 5:30 am

OzSonic wrote:
jenn_gp wrote:I don't think being compared to herpes is a compliment...

How rude..lol

I just watched the Phatom Menace yesterday. Did you say that in your head in Jar Jar Binks' voice. :D

What's weird is that comment is coming from someone who has four posts and has been around since 2012...

I may not always be visible (whatever that means), but at least people in here know who I am no offense..

Unless you re-registered under a new name, I have no idea who you are dude.
OzSonic
Starter
And1: 7

Post#39 » by OzSonic » Fri Mar 8, 2013 5:39 am

I'd say it's someone who has re-registered Jen.
bennith13
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23

Post#40 » by bennith13 » Fri Mar 8, 2013 8:51 am

I have no idea who it is either. If its someone from the past it would be kind of nice if they let us know before they made comments like that.

Return to Seattle Supersonics Basketball