ImageImageImageImageImage

Raptors Alternative Huskies Floor Design

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,778
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Re: Raptors Alternative Huskies Floor Design 

Post#41 » by Boogie! » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:37 pm

Jer15Jer wrote:
McGregFan wrote:
Jer15Jer wrote:
Me too. I worked on the rebrand and fought pretty hard for it.

Wow thats pretty cool. What's the reason they decided against the huskies? I heard leiweke wanted it

Yeah, at a certain point everything was on the table. It was all up for grabs. New name, new logo, new colours. We then decided it can only be the Raptors or the Huskies. MLSE eventually decided there's too much tradition in the name to change it now. And I agree. Love it or hate it it didn't make much sense to change.

One thing people might not know is that a full colour rebrand was virtually set in stone at some point. Black and Gold, along with White and silver, if I remember correctly. It did look amazing. But Demar was the guy who chimed in saying he wanted this to be Canada's team and the red was too important. And that was that. Kinda cool though.

i would've been down with straight black and gold... the whole canadas team schtick is pointless... the raptors are not the jays and do not nearly have that same nationwide appeal... we should've kept them as toronto as possible.
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
almatic
Veteran
And1: 1,713

Post#42 » by almatic » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:33 pm

Jer15Jer wrote:
McGregFan wrote:
Jer15Jer wrote:
Me too. I worked on the rebrand and fought pretty hard for it.

Wow thats pretty cool. What's the reason they decided against the huskies? I heard leiweke wanted it

One thing people might not know is that a full colour rebrand was virtually set in stone at some point. Black and Gold, along with White and silver, if I remember correctly. It did look amazing. But Demar was the guy who chimed in saying he wanted this to be Canada's team and the red was too important. And that was that. Kinda cool though.

Wow Demar is a friggin idiot & needs to just stick to basketball. Did he major or even study brand marketing at USC or something?

This whole "Red = Canada's team" thing is so overplayed. The Toronto Blue Jays don't have a problem being Canada's team while not wearing all red. They wear blue.
LastNameEver
General Manager
And1: 9,498

Post#43 » by LastNameEver » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:54 pm

DeMar didnt want a Carter reunion, DeMar wants red...screw this guy. Hes not LeBron.
Yabadabayolo
Sophomore
And1: 194

Post#44 » by Yabadabayolo » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:12 pm

almatic wrote:
Jer15Jer wrote:
McGregFan wrote:

Wow Demar is a friggin idiot & needs to just stick to basketball. Did he major or even study brand marketing at USC or something?

This whole "Red = Canada's team" thing is so overplayed. The Toronto Blue Jays don't have a problem being Canada's team while not wearing all red. They wear blue.

You do know the Canadian flag is red and white right ?!?! Not blue...
almatic
Veteran

Post#45 » by almatic » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:38 pm

Yabadabayolo wrote:
almatic wrote:
Jer15Jer wrote:

Ok.... and?
First of all... they're the Toronto Raptors. They shouldn't be obliged to look like "Team Canada".

You do know the Toronto BLUE Jays wear blue, right? They don't have a problem being liked across the country.
Yes a re-stated that. Did you completely miss the point?

You can not wear red... and still represent Canada. You don't have to dress like your flag.
Heck, Italy's national sports teams wear blue. Their flag is red/white/green.
Netherlands' sports teams wear orange. Their flag is blue/white/red.
And those are ACTUAL national teams.

Red isn't what makes a team Canadian. Playing in Canada, makes it Canadian.
This whole 'we have to wear red to make the Raptors Canadian' notion is just silly.

They nicknamed Vince Carter "Air Canada" while the Raptors were wearing purple & black (with a little red I guess).
People know the Raptors are Canadian. You don't need to wear red to exaggerate that.
I guess you can tell by my passion how much I despise the bland red/white/black brand the Raptors have become.
We had something unique & ours with the purple & red, and that was all brought down by Colangelo & this "Canada's team" silliness.
Becoming a consistent playoff team brought the Raptors national success. Nothing to do with wearing red.
Risk101
General Manager
And1: 19,145

Post#46 » by Risk101 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:45 pm

almatic wrote:
Yabadabayolo wrote:
almatic wrote:

Ok.... and?
First of all... they're the Toronto Raptors. They shouldn't be obliged to look like "Team Canada".

You do know the Toronto BLUE Jays wear blue, right? They don't have a problem being liked across the country.

Misread the post. My bad.
Yabadabayolo
Sophomore
And1: 194

Post#47 » by Yabadabayolo » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:46 pm

almatic wrote:
Yabadabayolo wrote:
almatic wrote:

Ok.... and?

Okay...

Why do you want be just like the blue jays so bad. Raptors are their own franchise, they don't need to copy the jays to be Canada's team
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,105

Post#48 » by YogurtProducer » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:44 am

Yabadabayolo wrote:
almatic wrote:
Yabadabayolo wrote:You do know the Canadian flag is red and white right ?!?! Not blue...

Ok.... and?

Okay...

Why do you want be just like the blue jays so bad. Raptors are their own franchise, they don't need to copy the jays to be Canada's team

No **** hey. We're the raptors and the raptors are red. I could understand red is overused arguement but don't say blue as a replacement then; it's idiotic
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
almatic
Veteran

Post#49 » by almatic » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:16 am

YogurtProducer wrote:
Yabadabayolo wrote:
almatic wrote:
Ok.... and?

Okay...

No **** hey. We're the raptors and the raptors are red. I could understand red is overused arguement but don't say blue as a replacement then; it's idiotic

This. I never said they have to be BLUE did I???
They don't have to be like the Blue Jays. They don't have to be like Team Canada either.
The Raptors had a great unique branding going with the purple & red. (As backed up by the fact that people still buy the purple & red merchandise)

I just said they don't have to be red & to think that the you have to be red to be viewed as a Canadian team as illogical & small-minded.
0 - 100
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,449

Post#50 » by 0 - 100 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:47 pm

Boogie! wrote:
Jer15Jer wrote:
McGregFan wrote:

Yeah, at a certain point everything was on the table. It was all up for grabs. New name, new logo, new colours. We then decided it can only be the Raptors or the Huskies. MLSE eventually decided there's too much tradition in the name to change it now. And I agree. Love it or hate it it didn't make much sense to change.

i would've been down with straight black and gold... the whole canadas team schtick is pointless... the raptors are not the jays and do not nearly have that same nationwide appeal... we should've kept them as toronto as possible.

The Raptors want to be like the Jays; more of a following means more viewers and more money. But I do agree they dont have to go with red just because its Canada's colour. They would have been Canada's team by default no matter what colour as long as they win.
mintsa
Head Coach
And1: 3,745

Post#51 » by mintsa » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:32 pm

No one every answered my question. Are they actually using that court on Monday the 31st vs the nuggets ???

No way the get a "special floor" for only 6 games.....no way.
northernpuppy
Veteran
And1: 494

Post#52 » by northernpuppy » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:02 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
0 - 100 wrote:This always gets posted. It's such a beautiful design.

I put these into 2k17 not to long ago with a couple changes I preferred

Are those 2K images under your Brady handle? I had my MyTeam set up to look like Michigan, but this is much cooler.
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#53 » by YogurtProducer » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:09 pm

northernpuppy wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
0 - 100 wrote:This always gets posted. It's such a beautiful design.

Are those 2K images under your Brady handle? I had my MyTeam set up to look like Michigan, but this is much cooler.

Yep they are BradyIsLowAgain on Xbox. You can't search by gamer tag I don't think though. Give it a try and message me back, if you can't I'll upload something under the team name RealGM and you can search for that and view my other designs.
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#54 » by YogurtProducer » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:10 pm

mintsa wrote:No one every answered my question. Are they actually using that court on Monday the 31st vs the nuggets ???

I think that's all it is,that's all the bucks used for theirs I believe
RIP Kobe
Analyst
And1: 4,505

Post#55 » by RIP Kobe » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:19 pm

mintsa wrote:No one every answered my question. Are they actually using that court on Monday the 31st vs the nuggets ???

they will use the floor when using the jerseys at home

seems like a waste of $200,000 (rough cost of a NBA floor)
LastNameEver
General Manager
And1: 9,498

Post#56 » by LastNameEver » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:27 pm

CountOnAlex wrote:

They blow 200k on inventory, its not really a waste of money as this could eventually become the staple brand down the road
(I know die hard rap fans dont want to hear it)

this is not just a 6 game thing, they have more in mind beyond this season.
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,387

Post#57 » by Mikistan » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:42 pm

The Boy wrote:
CountOnAlex wrote:

They blow 200k on inventory, its not really a waste of money as this could eventually become the staple brand down the road
(I know die hard rap fans dont want to hear it)

this is not just a 6 game thing, they have more in mind beyond this season.

Yeah -- like cutting the floor up and distributing pieces of it in a framed glass season seatholder gift at the end of the season
LarSiN
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,120

Post#58 » by LarSiN » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:27 pm

VERY glad they didn't go with the Huskies name or Leafs/Jays colours. No, it would not be "cool" to have all 3 teams sharing the same colours. The Raptors have always been different, and I treasure that. As someone else mentioned, changing the name to "Huskies" would certainly invite comparisons to our winters, certainly not helpful at luring FA's.

Personally, I love the new logo & have always dug the use of Red for this team. Not because it's "Canadian", but because I really like that colour and enjoy that it isn't just BS Leafs colours (which would've been all too easy). People can hate the new logo all they want, but Huskies/Blue+White was NOT the answer (IMO).
"I quickly cripple the triple-threat devils, disheveled I level headedly settle on spontaneous combustion tactics. Fact is, nothing is drastic or graphic. I melt the steel like blacksmiths"
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,460

Post#59 » by Brinbe » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:44 pm

Looks great. And I'm glad we stuck with the Raptors. It's all about embracing our history as a franchise and creating new memories as well. Much better than just clinging to the past and readopting it. And at the very least, we can celebrate it on occasion, as we do now.
northernpuppy
Veteran
And1: 494

Post#60 » by northernpuppy » Fri Nov 4, 2016 10:31 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
northernpuppy wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:Image

Yep they are BradyIsLowAgain on Xbox. You can't search by gamer tag I don't think though. Give it a try and message me back, if you can't I'll upload something under the team name RealGM and you can search for that and view my other designs.

Yeah, I couldn't find you through the gamertag. ANY chance you can upload them elsewhere?

Return to Toronto Raptors