ImageImageImageImageImage

ESPN BS Report rumour: Bosh for Bynum already done?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

raptorschick
Senior
And1: 0

Re: ESPN BS Report rumour: Bosh for Bynum already done? 

Post#61 » by raptorschick » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:26 pm

If the Lakers do this trade that mean there is a huge concern about Bynum Health
Skeebs
Banned User

Post#62 » by Skeebs » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:26 pm

That doesnt matter it will be a new cba and we would have his rights anyways
Mattd97
Head Coach
And1: 2,489

Post#63 » by Mattd97 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:27 pm

HeirCanada10 wrote:If there serious about this Bosh for Bynum then the lakers should also include a 1st rounder since next yr Bosh has a salary of $17.1M and Bynum has $13.8M so the best i can think of is Bosh for Bynum, plus 2 future 1st round picks then i'll be happy with that.

first round picks from LA are almost negative value. theyre gonna be 29th or 30th, but still a guarenteed contract. theyre the worst picks in the draft.
vergogna wrote:- game starts at 3.50
- nice passing at 4.15
- BARGS REBOUND at 4.47
- BARGS REBOUND (almost) at 6.23
Skeebs
Banned User

Post#64 » by Skeebs » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:28 pm

raptorschick wrote:If the Lakers do this trade that mean there is a huge concern about Bynum Health

What about Bosh' health. Hes been wearing that knee brace for a while now for no real reason. Bosh isnt exactly an iron man either, he is guaranteed to miss 6-10 games a year.
kosmovitelli
RealGM
And1: 429

Post#65 » by kosmovitelli » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:28 pm

kedineking wrote:
C_Money wrote:Why would Bosh go to the Knicks? He wants to win. If he wanted to live in a nice city he would stay in Toronto.

maybe because his girl lives there

And the Knicks have room for another max player. If Lebron (long shot at this point) or Joe Johnson agree to sign with the Knicks then Knicks won't remain in the lotto next season. Can't see why Bosh would refuse to sign with NY if another max players joins the party.

Rhettmatic wrote:
HeirCanada10 wrote:Where in this radio talk do they even mention the trade at what time i'm not sure if i missed it or anything?

The Lee-to-Raps starts around 46:55, and then Simmons brings up Bynum right afterwards.

This one is far fetched because both players would have to agree to such a trade. I can see Bosh willing to sign with NY but not sure David Lee wants to be in Toronto (especially with the Nets having cap room to sign him, he won't have to move to another city and the Nets would probably accept to overpay him) and not sure the Raptors front office would offer a big contract to Lee either. With so many big contracts (Jose, Hedo, Bargnani), don't think it would be smart to add another large contract.

Bynum makes more sense if the Lakers are interested but I doubt Jerry Buss wants to pay Chris Bosh.

The Lakers have extended the contracts of Kobe and Gasol. Now the Lakers have Kobe, Gasol and Artest contracts all expiring in 2014. Odom, Walton and Bynum in 2013. They have taken care of their core for the next three seasons so I can't see why they would pay Bosh and give him a six year contract at this point. I think they're eyeing cap sflexibility in 2013 when they will no longer be a championship contender.

I've just taken a look at the Lakers roster and team salaries. If they trade Bynum for Bosh then they will have a $90 million payroll in 2012 with only 6 players (Kobe, Gasol, Odom, Artesr, Walton and Bosh) and the luxury tax level will likely decrease in the next CBA.

Considering the uncertainty of the next CBA, it doesn't make any sense for the Lakers to have three max players (Kobe, Gasol and Bosh) and Jerry Buss isn't the kind of owner to overspend. He refused to give Ariza and Odom the contract they wanted last summer.
Marvin!
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 806

Post#66 » by Marvin! » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:28 pm

Evermore wrote:
C_Money wrote:Why would Bosh go to the Knicks? He wants to win. If he wanted to live in a nice city he would stay in Toronto.

Bosh is clearly interested in becoming a star both on and off the court...and New York provides him a great opportunity for that

So does LA (ie. Hollywood)
Blazer_2458
Bench Warmer
And1: 45

Post#67 » by Blazer_2458 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:29 pm

If BC can get Bynum its a dream come true for us. I cannot think of another young player I would rather have next to Bargnani then him. Welcome to TO Bynum!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms_GG6n-6cM
redred9
Assistant Coach
And1: 66

Post#68 » by redred9 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:29 pm

Yeah, actually the Lakers would probably be interested in Calderon as well to pair up with Shannon Brown at pg duties- and there is the Gasol connection.

I wouldn't care what we get back for Jose. Jordan Farmar or Adam Morrison or what have you.. bring em on. Could be a perfect trade for us if there's any truth to it, but again I think the Lakers have to leave the playoffs early for this offer to be there.

Let's all cheer for the Oklahoma Thunder!
whoknows
General Manager
And1: 1,495

Post#69 » by whoknows » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:32 pm

might be smoke screen to raise CB's trade value. Everybody can see why Raps would do it, I am one of those that believe that LA could loose in this deal.

This being said, I hope to be true.
I've been a proponent of this deal for over 1.5 years, I wished Raps could've done it last year in the mid season.
I can see CB4 & JC going to Lakers, JC would fit well in the triangle offence. Jose is buddy with both Cb4 and Gasol so we would fit well.
My guess is CB4 could not have a better choice than Lakers both from professional and business point of view. Once Kobe retires, CB4 has the chance to get to be the man on the biggest podium.
Schad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,094

Post#70 » by Schad » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:33 pm

Skeebs wrote:Ya those guys were allstars. He took that team further than bosh ever has. Bonzi Wells? lmao

I realize that it is a foreign concept for Raptors fans, but those players were useful because they defended. The Grizzlies didn't have a tonne of scoring talent, but they played a high-pressure style designed to force turnovers, and in two of their three playoff years they finished in the top five defensively.
**** your asterisk.
Komodo
Banned User
And1: 791

Post#71 » by Komodo » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:33 pm

Gasol plays the 5 half the time anyway. Bosh is better than Bynum. He'll take a load of Kobe. I think it's a win-win for both teams. So the earliest this can officially happen is when? July 1st?
cage
Starter
And1: 11

Post#72 » by cage » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:38 pm

can't wait for bynum vs bargs threads
basketball royalty
RealGM
And1: 2,963

Post#73 » by basketball royalty » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:38 pm

Schadenfreude wrote:
Skeebs wrote:Ya those guys were allstars. He took that team further than bosh ever has. Bonzi Wells? lmao

I realize that it is a foreign concept for Raptors fans, but those players were useful because they defended. The Grizzlies didn't have a tonne of scoring talent, but they played a high-pressure style designed to force turnovers, and in two of their three playoff years they finished in the top five defensively.

Add Gasol to the list of guys who played defense on that MEM team.
props to Turbozone for the sig
ClubLakers KB8
Starter
And1: 585

Post#74 » by ClubLakers KB8 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:40 pm

The Lakers won't trade Andrew Bynum for Chris Bosh. It's really that simple.
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,932

Post#75 » by ATLTimekeeper » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:40 pm

kosmovitelli wrote:
The Lakers have extended the contracts of Kobe and Gasol. Now the Lakers have Kobe, Gasol and Artest contracts all expiring in 2014. Odom, Walton and Bynum in 2013. They have taken care of their core for the next three seasons so I can't see why they would pay Bosh and give him a six year contract at this point. I think they're eyeing cap sflexibility in 2013 when they will no longer be a championship contender.

I've just taken a look at the Lakers roster and team salaries. If they trade Bynum for Bosh then they will have a $90 million payroll in 2012 with only 6 players (Kobe, Gasol, Odom, Artesr, Walton and Bosh) and the luxury tax level will likely decrease in the next CBA.

Considering the uncertainty of the next CBA, it doesn't make any sense for the Lakers to have three max players (Kobe, Gasol and Bosh) and Jerry Buss isn't the kind of owner to overspend. He refused to give Ariza and Odom the contract they wanted last summer.

Jerry Buss is exactly the kind of owner that overspends. He paid Odom, despite his squawking. He gave Artest a terrible contract because he was a name. Luke Walton, Vujacic were both bad deals. He extended Gasol for no reason. He's an old playboy that wants his hobby horse to win.
Schad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,094

Post#76 » by Schad » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:41 pm

basketball royalty wrote:
Add Gasol to the list of guys who played defense on that MEM team.

Definitely...I was just pointing out that laughing at a group of Battier, Wright, Wells, Miller, Posey, et al is ignoring the fact that, in many ways, they brought more to that team than many 'name' players.
**** your asterisk.
jrsmith
Banned User
And1: 18

Post#77 » by jrsmith » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:41 pm

If Bosh is traded to the same conference and division as us, for the scrub david lee, I would be absolutely appalled.
ClubLakers KB8
Starter
And1: 585

Post#78 » by ClubLakers KB8 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:42 pm

ATLTimekeeper wrote:Jerry Buss is exactly the kind of owner that overspends. He paid Odom, despite his squawking. He gave Artest a terrible contract because he was a name. Luke Walton, Vujacic were both bad deals. He extended Gasol for no reason. He's an old playboy that wants his hobby horse to win.

Are you high?

Artest has a horrible contract? He's making the friggin' MLE.

He extended Gasol for no reason? Doesn't making two finals in two years with him on the team warrant that?

I agree Walton was a bad deal, and possibly Vujacic (even though Sasha in that contract year was clearly worth that).
raptorschick
Senior

Post#79 » by raptorschick » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:42 pm

Skeebs wrote:
raptorschick wrote:If the Lakers do this trade that mean there is a huge concern about Bynum Health

What about Bosh' health. Hes been wearing that knee brace for a while now for no real reason. Bosh isnt exactly an iron man either, he is guaranteed to miss 6-10 games a year.

Bynum miss 101 game in 3 years
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,498

Post#80 » by dagger » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:43 pm

ATLTimekeeper wrote:
kosmovitelli wrote:

Jerry Buss is exactly the kind of owner that overspends. He paid Odom, despite his squawking. He gave Artest a terrible contract because he was a name. Luke Walton, Vujacic were both bad deals. He extended Gasol for no reason. He's an old playboy that wants his hobby horse to win.

It wouldn't shock me if we were forced to take Luke as the filler, but that's just me.

However, like I posted somewhere else, the financial commitment to Kobe and Gasol in their dotage is so great, they almost have to spend crazy money to remain relevant. In their final year, Kobe and Gasol will cost $50 million between them, but that's also when they will need a younger stud to be their leader. If they stop spending, as soon as Kobe can't carry them, they will enter the ninth level of hell if they don't spend a lot on younger talent.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER

Return to Toronto Raptors