ImageImageImageImageImage

Wilbon: "Trade [Hedo] right now for Gilbert Arenas!"

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Gold Chain
RealGM
And1: 161

Re: Turkoglu a topic on PTI SOON! 

Post#61 » by Gold Chain » Wed Jun 2, 2010 5:15 am

Zarko wrote:
Mattd97 wrote:lol - amare is better than bosh because bosh wasnt in the playoffs. of course they dont mention that amare plays with a guy with multiple MVPs. team success is so overrated when comparing players. sorry but d-fisher isnt better than chris paul either.

Amare>>>>>Bosh

No way.

Bosh>>>>Amare.

You put Chris with Steve Nash and watch.
Gold Chain
RealGM
And1: 161

Re: Wilbon: "Trade [Hedo] right now for Gilbert Arenas!" 

Post#62 » by Gold Chain » Wed Jun 2, 2010 5:19 am

A_wildstabatanything wrote:He said Washington (that's where the show is filmed) should pursue that deal.

Thank you!

Guys, this was a deal that would benefit the Wiz, not us.
Sareth1988
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#63 » by Sareth1988 » Wed Jun 2, 2010 5:57 am

Mattd97 wrote:lol - amare is better than bosh because bosh wasnt in the playoffs. of course they dont mention that amare plays with a guy with multiple MVPs. team success is so overrated when comparing players. sorry but d-fisher isnt better than chris paul either.

What??? are you kidding me about what you said "because bosh wasnt in the playoffs."

He was in the playoffs back 2 years ago in 2008.
Raptors(6) vs Magic(3)
*Go Raptors Go*
The-Joker
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#64 » by The-Joker » Wed Jun 2, 2010 6:18 am

i like this..if KG or Paul Pierce or any of the other celtic thugs try to punk this team..gilbert will just pay there locker room a visit with his best friend..mr 9MM
EventHorizon
Assistant Coach
And1: 306

Post#65 » by EventHorizon » Wed Jun 2, 2010 6:36 am

anj wrote:
Zarko wrote:Hedo + Calderon for Arenas
Bosh for Bynum
Evans + Banks + #13 + Derozan for Iguodala

Arenas
Iguodala
Weems
Bargnani
Bynum

Would be fun as hell to watch..lol

Whenever people suggest Iggy and Arenas on the Raps I think of this:

http://www.gilbertology.net/2007/12/13/ ... s-opinion/

Gilbert Arenas wrote:Now after A.I. left, you were supposed to be that No. 1 guy, but, the way he plays the game, he doesn’t have that. He’s not that type of player. He’s a second guy. An assistant coach told me a great story about him. When he was in Arizona, he said he was like 9-for-11 from the field and he apologized to the team for shooting 11 shots. From that day on, I just called him Scottie Pippen. He’s a Scottie Pippen type of player. A great, overall player. He’s your glue player. You need a superstar and then you need him. So $12 million is good for you. Nothing more and nothing less. Be happy with the $12 million.

Well it's the truth and Gilbert says a lot of things, many players don't take it too heart, and Iggy is a professional who will not let it influence his game. I see nothing wrong with this.
JamesNaismith
Banned User
And1: 5

Post#66 » by JamesNaismith » Wed Jun 2, 2010 6:47 am

I highly doubt Igoudala takes a Scottie Pippen (one of the 50 goats) comparison as an insult.

Pretty lame to even quote it.
HiMyNameIsTrey
General Manager
And1: 12,646

Post#67 » by HiMyNameIsTrey » Wed Jun 2, 2010 7:11 am

I don't see it happening, but I'd be thrilled if that happens. I'm still a big fan of Arenas.
ajeyab
Sophomore
And1: 18

Post#68 » by ajeyab » Wed Jun 2, 2010 12:06 pm

Zarko wrote:

Amare>>>>>Bosh

You obviously don't know anything about basketball if you think amare is better than bosh. Amare has 0 post game, doesn't play any D, very inconsistent rebounder and is solely a product of a system. when terry porter was their coach. He relies solely on his athleticism to get his points and it does help when a guy named PAU GASOL is defending you too. If you don't believe me then look at the phoenix suns 2 yrs ago when they went into a half-court system. He couldn't do jack because he can't play in the half court system. I want to see him go to MIA and see what he can do in their system cuz he's gonna be a big disappointment.
ajeyab
Sophomore

Post#69 » by ajeyab » Wed Jun 2, 2010 12:10 pm

Tenacious_C wrote:Wait, Arenas goes to jail for bringing his guns into his locker and you want him on this team?

Are you guys on drugs?

unbelievable.....what planet are you guys from?

First of all he didn't go to jail and that was a stupid prank that he played on his teammate. He's still a moron but he needs a fresh start and I'm all for it because this is PG driven league and you need good guards to be a good team. Anything is better than calderon and jack is NOT a starter. Bring him off the bench or you can even put arenas as a 2 guard b/c he's pretty big for his position.
Mak
RealGM
And1: 4,542

Post#70 » by Mak » Wed Jun 2, 2010 1:07 pm

Thinking behind Amare > Bosh is the same thinking that gets Mo Williams into the all star game and now makes out Gasol to be the best big man in the game. Players on winning teams get WAY overrated, like Jamison was once he joined the Cavs.
Mak
RealGM
And1: 4,542

Post#71 » by Mak » Wed Jun 2, 2010 1:08 pm

ajeyab wrote:
Tenacious_C wrote:Wait, Arenas goes to jail for bringing his guns into his locker and you want him on this team?

Are you guys on drugs?

unbelievable.....what planet are you guys from?

First of all he didn't go to jail and that was a stupid prank that he played on his teammate. He's still a moron but he needs a fresh start and I'm all for it because this is PG driven league and you need good guards to be a good team. Anything is better than calderon and jack is NOT a starter. Bring him off the bench or you can even put arenas as a 2 guard b/c he's pretty big for his position.

is it a PG driven league? I think you have NBA confused with another league. Also Arenas is a SG in PGs body. i dont know how that helps us.
Alfred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,853

Post#72 » by Alfred » Wed Jun 2, 2010 1:11 pm

ajeyab wrote:
Zarko wrote:

Amare>>>>>Bosh

You obviously don't know anything about basketball if you think amare is better than bosh. Amare has 0 post game, doesn't play any D, very inconsistent rebounder and is solely a product of a system. when terry porter was their coach. He relies solely on his athleticism to get his points and it does help when a guy named PAU GASOL is defending you too. If you don't believe me then look at the phoenix suns 2 yrs ago when they went into a half-court system. He couldn't do jack because he can't play in the half court system. I want to see him go to MIA and see what he can do in their system cuz he's gonna be a big disappointment.

The pick and roll is part of a halfcourt system.
sump
Banned User

Post#73 » by sump » Wed Jun 2, 2010 1:15 pm

ajeyab wrote:
Zarko wrote:

Amare>>>>>Bosh

Uhmmm actually Wade+Amar'e would be better offensively than Wade+Bosh since Amar'e is an offensive beast and Bosh likes to prance around and take jump shots.

Amar'e = Bosh

I think Wades best target would be a guy like Amar'e who can run the floor with him and LeBron would be best with Bosh because Bosh will give him all the room he needs to work around the rim while he is prancing around 15-20 ft from the basket waiting for the LBJ dish off.
TheBat
Junior
And1: 10

Post#74 » by TheBat » Wed Jun 2, 2010 1:17 pm

Southward1 wrote:If they take Jose with him, I'm all for it. Otherwise, no.

Why would WAS take Jose with Hedo? Because they were such a dynamite tandem in Toronto?
If Hedo and Jose get traded, it will be to different teams. I don't think WAS wants to re-live the 3 headed PG monster.
Amped
Starter
And1: 49

Post#75 » by Amped » Wed Jun 2, 2010 1:20 pm

Southward1 wrote:At least Arenas is a name. It's something you can sell a fanbase on.

Definitely a name, could also backfire and potentially scare a large portion of the fanbase away after he flashes his gat. Just sayin'.
shizzle
Junior
And1: 3

Post#76 » by shizzle » Wed Jun 2, 2010 1:32 pm

I think people forgot how good Arenas really was because he had a couple bad years. That and the fact he is a total gym rat and will do everything to get back to where he was. There isn't a person who has ever worked with him that hasn't commented on his off the charts work ethic. And he was not just a starter, he was and will dominate again. And the guy is 28 years old! You'd have him in the prime of his career. I don't think Washington would even consider this trade....but if they do you take it and run like a bandit.

Now let me dream... Then give up anything for Iggy! Bosh,Arenas and Iggy... That is a team! And I think Bosh would come back to play on that team.. but I am back now.. dream over.
before there was hiphop, bling bling or Nike there was basketball...long live hoops.
Ramen Monster
Pro Prospect

Post#77 » by Ramen Monster » Wed Jun 2, 2010 1:33 pm

Can we tear it down instead of going for Arenas please? He may be far more talented than Hedo & Calderon, but at least Calderon's contract is moveable if he gets a decent stretch of games (and ditto Hedo). Hedo's contract is about 10-11M on average and we can still rebuild in spite of it even if we can't move it.

If we lose Bosh, and add Gilbert, you're going to find that our team isn't any better than it was before; probably more entertaining, but no substance. Gilbert is talented but is arguably less efficient than Turk, and shoots a lot. And you'll have less flexibility trading such a gargantuan contract; even Hedo's by comparison is manageable.
scirocco53
Senior
And1: 164

Post#78 » by scirocco53 » Wed Jun 2, 2010 2:21 pm

It boggles my mind how quickly a sought after free agent goes from "everyone wants to sign him" to "he has a bad contract". Does Gassol, Kobe, Nash, have bad contracts because they are long term? I wonder who has a good contract, and is there any reason the team they are currently on trades them?

If BC can turn the "I want out" Hedo into Gilbert, BC is a god.
"Release the hounds"
ajeyab
Sophomore

Post#79 » by ajeyab » Wed Jun 2, 2010 2:31 pm

The pick and roll is part of a halfcourt system.[/quote]

It is but it also helps when you have 3 other shooters lined up behind the three point line. The reason Amare scores all the points is b/c the defense is stuck with whether they should stop nash or the shooters. He can't play downlow. Miami doesn't have any shooters in their team so Amare would be asked to do more than just roll after setting the pick and like i said, his post game is non-existent.
MrBojangelz71
Banned User
And1: 929

Post#80 » by MrBojangelz71 » Wed Jun 2, 2010 2:33 pm

Ramen Monster wrote:Can we tear it down instead of going for Arenas please? He may be far more talented than Hedo & Calderon, but at least Calderon's contract is moveable if he gets a decent stretch of games (and ditto Hedo). Hedo's contract is about 10-11M on average and we can still rebuild in spite of it even if we can't move it.

If we lose Bosh, and add Gilbert, you're going to find that our team isn't any better than it was before; probably more entertaining, but no substance. Gilbert is talented but is arguably less efficient than Turk, and shoots a lot. And you'll have less flexibility trading such a gargantuan contract; even Hedo's by comparison is manageable.

Everything you say here makes absolute sense. Problem with many of the posters on here, all they can think of is 4 years ago when Gil was on the highlight reels and being talked about as a potential MVP. They believe that he is that exact same player.

Problem is, and they are incapable of understanding this, even when Gil was playing at that level he still couldn't lead a team past 45 wins and a second round. He had good players around him but instead of making them better, he made them worse. He has never done anything substantial in the prime of his career other than putting up huge points off allot of shots and an average shooting %. The funniest part of this is many of these ball boys screaming to get Arenas here also complain about how BC has orchestrated a team that plays horrid defense. The hypocrisy of advocating a trade for a 80 million dollar player that is a horrid defender, has even admitted to taking defensive plays off to conserve his energy on offense, is beyond belief.

These will be the same posters screaming for BC's head in 2 years when we are stuck with an albatross of a contract that can't be moved, Gil probably suspended by the team for some moronic conduct and us having zero flexibility to move him, sign anyone else.

Gil is one of the worst contracts to ever be given out in the NBA, Washington would gladly give him to us for Hedo and Jose. they would then let those two play and have good seasons, upping their stock and move one or both for some descent players in return. Us on the other hand will have one player that probably will be injured half way through next season and has zero value.

Wilbon should STFU!

Return to Toronto Raptors