ImageImageImageImageImage

Wilbon: "Trade [Hedo] right now for Gilbert Arenas!"

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

MacGill
Veteran
And1: 466

Re: Wilbon: "Trade [Hedo] right now for Gilbert Arenas!" 

Post#41 » by MacGill » Tue Jun 1, 2010 11:53 pm

I like this! better chance of Arenas trying to get back into the All-Star mentioning than Hedo giving us 50% :)
MacGill
Veteran
And1: 466

Post#42 » by MacGill » Tue Jun 1, 2010 11:55 pm

I like this! better chance of Arenas trying to get back into the All-Star mentioning than Hedo giving us 50% :)
BryceMaxJames
Bench Warmer
And1: 382

Post#43 » by BryceMaxJames » Tue Jun 1, 2010 11:57 pm

Yeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhhh,,lets do it, lets do it, lets do it!!!!!!
Yeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhhh, lets do it, lets do it, lets do it!!!!!

Perfect trade, Jose and Turk for Arenas. I don't even care if Bosh stays or goes. Bargs would work good with Arenas and we can still use our draft to get somethinf decent. I would even try to to do a trade with the team that is getting Cousins for Bosh.
kush-
Veteran
And1: 64

Re: Wilbon: "Trade [Hedo] ... for Gilbert Arenas right now!" 

Post#44 » by kush- » Wed Jun 2, 2010 2:08 am

MrBojangelz71 wrote:BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you lose.

bwuahahhahahaha.
sanity on Jeremy Lin:
sanity wrote: Roko Ukic's court vision and play-making abilities far exceeds this player... I'm shocked this thread is going on as long as it has. Comparing Lin to Rautins is an insult to Rautins.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,877

Post#45 » by OAKLEY_2 » Wed Jun 2, 2010 2:11 am

At least Arenas is a name. It's something you can sell a fanbase on.

If the fanbase buys it they will buy anything.
AkelaLoneWolf
RealGM
And1: 12,207

Post#46 » by AkelaLoneWolf » Wed Jun 2, 2010 2:21 am

No Arenas plz.
If Bosh leaves then the name of the game under the new CBA will be value contracts. Unless Arenas starts playing at Lebron or Kobe levels, he'll never justify his contract.
Granted BC made a mistake in signing Hedo; no need to make the mistake worse by taking on an absolutely untradeable contract. I would rather do Hedo + 13 for Diaw than this (although this is pretty bad for us as well).
"We're the middle children of history. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives." - Tyler Durden in Fight Club.
Southward1
General Manager
And1: 2,411

Post#47 » by Southward1 » Wed Jun 2, 2010 2:41 am

If they take Jose with him, I'm all for it. Otherwise, no.
junot111
General Manager
And1: 2,817

Post#48 » by junot111 » Wed Jun 2, 2010 2:43 am

Southward1 wrote:If they take Jose with him, I'm all for it. Otherwise, no.

+9000

only because it's a different player and their total salaries are roughly the same

however if it was Hudo + expiring or even worse + a young player or pick, then god forbid. That would be adding more salary for no good reason
Tenacious_C
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#49 » by Tenacious_C » Wed Jun 2, 2010 2:47 am

Wait, Arenas goes to jail for bringing his guns into his locker and you want him on this team?

Are you guys on drugs?

unbelievable.....what planet are you guys from?
Tdot24
Pro Prospect
And1: 52

Post#50 » by Tdot24 » Wed Jun 2, 2010 3:01 am

FirstInkTDot wrote:My Sig Says it all?

indeed
34_fifty
Assistant Coach
And1: 46

Post#51 » by 34_fifty » Wed Jun 2, 2010 3:33 am

If there's a guy in the league with a worse contract than Hedo it's Gilbert....but alteast he's younger and a proven all star...?
KingstonRaptors
Analyst
And1: 57

Re: Turkoglu a topic on PTI SOON! 

Post#52 » by KingstonRaptors » Wed Jun 2, 2010 3:39 am

C_Money wrote:Arenas is the best way to go. Tell BC to back off on this bad character BS and start winning some games.

No kidding. Look what that's gotten him...

I like this only if they take Jose as well. If they want expirings or picks, they can GTFO.
Credit to triplemke23 for the sig.
Ali812
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#53 » by Ali812 » Wed Jun 2, 2010 3:40 am

Fun fact: Gilbert can't enter Canada.
Oakville_Raptor
Head Coach
And1: 3,771

Post#54 » by Oakville_Raptor » Wed Jun 2, 2010 4:04 am

Ali812 wrote:Fun fact: Gilbert can't enter Canada.

He's a million dollar athlete, im sure things could get worked out for him to play here...
carlosey
General Manager
And1: 2,054

Post#55 » by carlosey » Wed Jun 2, 2010 4:09 am

Arenas needs a new place to get a fresh start. Toronto is the place for him as long as the dude promises not to get out of line in the locker room or in the media. He would be sort of hidden from US media here as well.
Homer Jay
Assistant Coach
And1: 674

Post#56 » by Homer Jay » Wed Jun 2, 2010 4:11 am

Ali812 wrote:Fun fact: Gilbert can't enter Canada.

I don't necessarily know if this is true. He's rich enough to get some tough lawyers. If Jason Kidd is allowed here after beating the snot out of his wife, and going done for it, I imagine Gilbert can get in too.
sanity
RealGM
And1: 1,812

Post#57 » by sanity » Wed Jun 2, 2010 4:13 am

Arenas is disguised crap. Paying him ~20m annually for the next 4 years will be the worst thing for this franchise. Prevents us from aquiring players as well as developing one of DeRozan/Weems. Why do this if we're not going to compete anyway?
kush-
Veteran
And1: 64

Post#58 » by kush- » Wed Jun 2, 2010 4:31 am

sanity wrote:Arenas is disguised crap. Paying him ~20m annually for the next 4 years will be the worst thing for this franchise. Prevents us from aquiring players as well as developing one of DeRozan/Weems. Why do this if we're not going to compete anyway?

paying hedo and jose a combined 20mil for the next 3 and 4 years is just as bad, and not at all entertaining, but very frustrating.
sanity on Jeremy Lin:
sanity wrote: Roko Ukic's court vision and play-making abilities far exceeds this player... I'm shocked this thread is going on as long as it has. Comparing Lin to Rautins is an insult to Rautins.
HighOctane
Lead Assistant
And1: 363

Post#59 » by HighOctane » Wed Jun 2, 2010 4:45 am

sanity wrote:Arenas is disguised crap. Paying him ~20m annually for the next 4 years will be the worst thing for this franchise. Prevents us from aquiring players as well as developing one of DeRozan/Weems. Why do this if we're not going to compete anyway?

I don't get this point which has been thrown around a lot. Are you suggesting we just do nothing?

This is plan retreat, something we shouldn't ever do. Develop talent? Is that the only positive thing to gain, suck so that your lesser players can razzle dazzle a bit?

We should always be trying to get better players, get better contracts. In this case you have to look at how much talent Arenas is over Hedo + Turkoglu weighing against the contract.
sanity
RealGM
And1: 1,812

Post#60 » by sanity » Wed Jun 2, 2010 4:55 am

No, I'm suggesting that its far easier to deal a player making half Arenas' salary than a single player making 20m. How many times have players making the money Arenas has been traded without draft picks going the other way? Take into account the new CBA and uncertainties of the economy... why would MSLE even risk paying the luxury for a good # of years for a losing product? If we're going to suck, suck in a way thats more economically viable. A solid string of games for either Hedo or Calderon and they can be dealt.

Also, having DeRozan/Weems/Bargnani... and even Johnson 'razzle and dazzle' (develop) is exactly what this team should be doing instead of giving a veteran, loser of a player the keys to the franchise to do whatever the hell he wants. That is exactly what Arenas would expect coming here. Hardly a positive influence to a young team. Banking on all flash and zero substance is the route this franchise has been taking for the last 5 years. This will only prolong that.

Return to Toronto Raptors