ImageImageImageImageImage

Raptors interested in Stephane Lasme and D'Or Fischer

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,485

Re: Raptors interested in Stephane Lasme and D'Or Fischer 

Post#21 » by dagger » Mon Jun 7, 2010 8:05 pm

Gold Chain wrote:
dagger wrote:
RaptorsInsider1 wrote:The thing is POB has more game then both these guys

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't think Patty is that bad?

I mean he was a 9th overall pick and he has showed me something, something from time to time.

You think he is that bad?

A guy's draft position is irrelevant. He was the only center in a weak draft, and he shot up the chart based on a couple of good games early in the NCAA tournament. He was a huge disappointment in GSW.

O'Bryant became the first NBA lottery pick to be sent down to the Bakersfield Jam of the D-League on December 30, 2006. On February 19, 2007, he was recalled from the Jam. Warriors head coach Don Nelson had critical words for him: "I told him if he goes down to the D-League and isn't a dominant player, there should be red flags all over the place, and he should be the first to notice. He's not only not dominating, he's not playing very well. He's a long-term project. I really liked him the first week of training camp, but I assumed there would be great progress. [...] He hasn't gotten better one bit."[1]
Prior to the 2007–08 season, the Warriors declined to pick up his third year option, which made him an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season.[2] On March 10, 2008, he was reassigned to the Bakersfield Jam,[3] however, he was later recalled and rejoined the Warriors for the remainder of the season.[4]
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
Sharky
Sophomore
And1: 80

Post#22 » by Sharky » Mon Jun 7, 2010 8:05 pm

ATLTimekeeper wrote:
Sharky wrote:
ATLTimekeeper wrote:This is old news.

hence me saying "Posted April 7th/2010"...

I mean it's been posted before and discussed.

then mods can lock it up.
Realist
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#23 » by Realist » Mon Jun 7, 2010 8:07 pm

LittleOzzy wrote:
RaptorsInsider1 wrote:The thing is POB has more game then both these guys and both Fischer and Lasme would likely cost more to bring here than to re-sign O'Bryant. anyways, regardless all 3 players are a waste of an NBA roster spot IMO.

Yet again you haven't said why.

I'm starting to think you have never seen either player play and are just making a stand for no reason with nothing to back it up.

LittleOzzy, you should know by now that an extreme majority of this message board act like that. State a very inaccurate opinion and then fail to explain why they feel that way. Then when challenged, give a boneheaded answer that still has no relevance to the question asked.
TerryTate
Analyst
And1: 1,451

Post#24 » by TerryTate » Mon Jun 7, 2010 8:28 pm

RaptorsInsider1 wrote:The thing is POB has more game then both these guys and both Fischer and Lasme would likely cost more to bring here than to re-sign O'Bryant. anyways, regardless all 3 players are a waste of an NBA roster spot IMO.

I don't know what sh|t your smoking but I want some!!!!

Patrick O'Bryant is a sccrrrrrubbbbbb.
This Fischer kid looks like an interesting player, probably has a much higher ceiling that Pops too...
Can rebound, jump (I mean has nice vert), has amazing wingspan, runs the floor, has some decent / abv avg blocking instinct..... sounds like a poor man's Dwight
Double Helix
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 28,754

Post#25 » by Double Helix » Mon Jun 7, 2010 8:39 pm

:laugh: That video of D'Or Fischer playing overseas is hilarious. He looks like an International version of 90s Shaq with his 2-handed throwdowns on those scrubs.

This guy might even translate better to the pros than Nate Huffman did for us! :laugh:
blueseeka
Junior
And1: 123

Post#26 » by blueseeka » Mon Jun 7, 2010 8:57 pm

Double Helix wrote:This guy might even translate better to the pros than Nate Huffman did for us! :laugh:

Not sure why, but this made my day :D
kush-
Veteran
And1: 64

Post#27 » by kush- » Mon Jun 7, 2010 9:03 pm

guess this is bc's feel-good exercise after pissing away all our picks.
sanity on Jeremy Lin:
sanity wrote: Roko Ukic's court vision and play-making abilities far exceeds this player... I'm shocked this thread is going on as long as it has. Comparing Lin to Rautins is an insult to Rautins.
S.W.A.N
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,511

Post#28 » by S.W.A.N » Mon Jun 7, 2010 9:06 pm

I don't know anything about Fischer, but the idea of looking at an american college player who went overseas for a few years is intriguing. Despite all the euro hate around here we have done pretty well finding good nba level talent overseas and signing them to reasonable contracts (garbajosa,calderon(first contract was not overpaid) parker). Without seeing him I pretty sure I'd rather have Fisher than POB at least he has the mystery factor working for him while we know POB is blah.
We the North
Sharky
Sophomore

Post#29 » by Sharky » Mon Jun 7, 2010 9:19 pm

S.W.A.N wrote:I don't know anything about Fischer, but the idea of looking at an american college player who went overseas for a few years is intriguing. Despite all the euro hate around here we have done pretty well finding good nba level talent overseas and signing them to reasonable contracts (garbajosa,calderon(first contract was not overpaid) parker). Without seeing him I pretty sure I'd rather have Fisher than POB at least he has the mystery factor working for him while we know POB is a flamming pile of dog doodoo.

/. Fixed
James_Raptors
RealGM
And1: 10,785

Post#30 » by James_Raptors » Mon Jun 7, 2010 9:19 pm

I don't care if these guys played last year in the USA or on a planet in a neighbouring galaxy, if they are decent prospects it's Bryan's job (and we should expect this of him, always) to perform his due diligence. we should never be upset that BC is looking everywhere scouring for gems.
08-14-'21:
(re: Scottie Barnes)
-Top 3 Raptors of all-time, 5+ ASG, Min 1 All-NBA 1st /2nd,Min 3 All-Def 1st or 2nd team,between years 2-3 in the running for best current player on our roster,best Raptor on the team, multiple years in a row

RIP Hater
Sharky
Sophomore

Post#31 » by Sharky » Mon Jun 7, 2010 11:06 pm

James_Raptors wrote:I don't care if these guys played last year in the USA or on a planet in a neighbouring galaxy, if they are decent prospects it's Bryan's job (and we should expect this of him, always) to perform his due diligence. we should never be upset that BC is looking everywhere scouring for gems.

+1
novi13
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#32 » by novi13 » Mon Jun 7, 2010 11:14 pm

Anyone find it odd that in the Fischer mix, the first pic... look who's guarding him!
That's who we should be looking to bring over. He's better than both of these guys.. quite significantly.
Joga_Bonito
Analyst
And1: 6

Post#33 » by Joga_Bonito » Mon Jun 7, 2010 11:25 pm

I sure would love BC to find the next Parker or Garbajosa.
Undefeated
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,105

Post#34 » by Undefeated » Mon Jun 7, 2010 11:37 pm

Stephane Lasme does not look intriguing at all.
I’m definitely intrigued with Fischer with his ability to run the floor and finish, similar to a mold that Amir played for the Raptors this recent season. Factor in his 7’6” wing span, I think Fischer can potentially become a decent shot blocker and rebounder. And a lane agility of 12.53 seconds is pretty decent for a big, so the defensive potential to quickly rotate and help is there.
Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?" - Jesus Shuttlesworth
Sharky
Sophomore

Post#35 » by Sharky » Tue Jun 8, 2010 3:19 am

Fischer's game reminds me of a pops mensah bonsu type player. i think his potential could be much higher than PMB's but i would not mind having him at the end of the bench see what he can provide.

realistically he can't be much worse than POB.

Ripp
General Manager
And1: 324

Post#36 » by Ripp » Tue Jun 8, 2010 3:27 am

Fischer is pretty athletic...and his name is somehow amusing
A Tolkienesque strategy war game made by me: http://www.warlords.co
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,773
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#37 » by Boogie! » Tue Jun 8, 2010 3:46 am

i'd bring in that fischer guy for the glasses alone. they both look long and athletic, so idk why anyone would be opposed to bringing them here as end of the bench players. fischer looks like he has more game than pob.
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
Cool-Hand-Luke
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,530

Post#38 » by Cool-Hand-Luke » Tue Jun 8, 2010 3:52 am

hmmmm........hmmmmmm.........wait.......who??
sig by TZ
HighOctane
Lead Assistant
And1: 363

Post#39 » by HighOctane » Tue Jun 8, 2010 4:00 am

I hope BC finds the next Anthony Parker or equivalent overseas or he's just filling his bench. With Bosh potentially departing we have to look at guys onshore.
JamesNaismith
Banned User
And1: 5

Post#40 » by JamesNaismith » Tue Jun 8, 2010 4:10 am

As about as unintriguing as it gets.

Return to Toronto Raptors