ImageImageImageImageImage

NEW HEDO media questions--answers

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

blueheart
Junior
And1: 0

NEW HEDO media questions--answers 

Post#1 » by blueheart » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:54 am

it was news about hedos future with toronto in turkish newspaper today...

here is link(its turkish) http://www.sporx.com/ozel/ozelroportaj/198408/?ref=ABM

basically hedo says, about asking for trade request: whatever i say now can go wrong way, i said that then because it was end of season and eveerythng was still warm... ... all i wanted to say is i dont want to play the same SYSTEM toronto has...

i like the city, people and play there... but they used me wrong.. i know my skills and i was screaming all season that people could use me that way...

and guy asked him, if he had talk with coach about it..
hedo says: coach couldnt say much because toronto had their system and hedo was not big part of it...

question: so if toronto has same system would you like to stay and play or ask for trade?
hedo: i dont think they will use same system... this sytem didnt work for both part... also its not up to me to ask for trade, its up to between teams in the league... all i want is play basketball and practicing very hard..

question: if there are changes in team would you like to play in toronto
hedo: of course, i didnt have problem with anyone so far in my career and it wont now on

question:do you think chris bosh will leave?

hedo: i dont think so, bosh is first option in toronto and he wouldnt have that in other team.. of course this is my personal option..

he also talks about he is still upset about nightlife rumors etc... also playing point guard position with jose calderon.. he also said he didnt talk with any team after season.. and also there was question about orlando, he said he made what was best desicion for him and he cant live with past...

from what i have read(this is my personal thinking) team told him not to talk about trade and probably they are shopping him. sorry for grammer errors...
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,767

Re: NEW HEDO media questions--answers 

Post#2 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:00 am

Whatever, just trade Hedo, if it's possible.
ThatClockWork
Veteran
And1: 1,856

Post#3 » by ThatClockWork » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:03 am

Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:Whatever, just trade Hedo, when it's possible.

fixed.
Primetime23
Senior
And1: 260

Post#4 » by Primetime23 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:27 am

he was our best ball handler and passer last year too bad he became uninterested but i would much rather he stay than Jose
Ripp
General Manager
And1: 324

Post#5 » by Ripp » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:37 am

Good that he is walking back from his trade demand. That we we can pump up his trade value a bit before selling him off.
A Tolkienesque strategy war game made by me: http://www.warlords.co
SkywalkerAC
RealGM
And1: 4,665

Post#6 » by SkywalkerAC » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:44 am

still quite possible he'll be on the team next year but obviously everyone would like a fresh start at this point. hedo should have kept quiet, as he should have known the system was bound to change with Chris's likely departure. does he want out because he thinks bosh will be back? what's this guy's deal?

triano's system didn't work for Hedo. really makes you wonder what adjustments to the offense would be made, sans CB and Jose.
Stretch82
Veteran
And1: 5

Post#7 » by Stretch82 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:11 am

this is valuable information! hedo and bosh might stay! our starting lineup next season:

Bargnani
Bosh
Hedo
Demar
Jose

:lol:
Double Helix
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 28,754

Post#8 » by Double Helix » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:09 am

Great news actually.

We were kind of hand cuffed otherwise and teams could sense blood in the water. If he and the media here are able to spin this better to the average fan and around the league it will really help us with leverage in trade rumors.

And, if teams still aren't buying it and we actually are forced to start the season with him then at least with a new offence that allows him to handle the ball more (ie: If Calderon is shipped out) he can hopefully up his numbers and regain some more value.

Selling low on him would have been a big step backwards. I'm glad all parties involved are more patient than that.
Kakapato
Bench Warmer
And1: 20

Post#9 » by Kakapato » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:24 am

blueheart wrote:it was news about hedos future with toronto in turkish newspaper today...

here is link(its turkish) http://www.sporx.com/ozel/ozelroportaj/198408/?ref=ABM

basically hedo says, about asking for trade request: whatever i say now can go wrong way, i said that then because it was end of season and eveerythng was still warm... ... all i wanted to say is i dont want to play the same SYSTEM toronto has...

i like the city, people and play there... but they used me wrong.. i know my skills and i was screaming all season that people could use me that way...

and guy asked him, if he had talk with coach about it..
hedo says: coach couldnt say much because toronto had their system and hedo was not big part of it...

question: so if toronto has same system would you like to stay and play or ask for trade?
hedo: i dont think they will use same system... this sytem didnt work for both part... also its not up to me to ask for trade, its up to between teams in the league... all i want is play basketball and practicing very hard..

question: if there are changes in team would you like to play in toronto
hedo: of course, i didnt have problem with anyone so far in my career and it wont now on

question:do you think chris bosh will leave?

hedo: i dont think so, bosh is first option in toronto and he wouldnt have that in other team.. of course this is my personal option..

he also talks about he is still upset about nightlife rumors etc... also playing point guard position with jose calderon.. he also said he didnt talk with any team after season.. and also there was question about orlando, he said he made what was best desicion for him and he cant live with past...

from what i have read(this is my personal thinking) team told him not to talk about trade and probably they are shopping him. sorry for grammer errors...

I think we should discuss about the bolded parts.
1) What's wrong with Toronto's system?
2) Why can't the coach change that system?
3) Does Hedo really think that all that Bosh want is to be the 1° guy?

I have my opinions already.
KRANG
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,319

Post#10 » by KRANG » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:28 am

As long as Jose is shipped out, Hedo can stay. If he's in shape.

The entertainment value alone will be worth it.
Courtesy of Turbo_Zone
FirstInkTDot
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,902

Post#11 » by FirstInkTDot » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:42 am

Jose or Hedo One of them can go, 2 Sure why not... but 1 would be good
Jermaine OBosh
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,046

Post#12 » by Jermaine OBosh » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:50 am

with Bosh gone Hedo will have bigger role this season.
Mascot
Lead Assistant
And1: 972

Post#13 » by Mascot » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:54 am

I dont have a problem with Hedo staying if Calderon is gone.

Jack
Demar
Hedo
Davis
Bargnani

is better than anything we could put on the floor with Calderon including Bosh staying
Ripp
General Manager
And1: 324

Post#14 » by Ripp » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:06 am

Kakapato wrote:I think we should discuss about the bolded parts.
1) What's wrong with Toronto's system?
2) Why can't the coach change that system?
3) Does Hedo really think that all that Bosh want is to be the 1° guy?

I have my opinions already.

So in other words, the system built around Bosh is the reason for Hedo having a mediocre season? Who or what did he think the system would be built around when he signed that contract?

EDIT: Also, what was so bad about the Raps system? It led to the 5th best offense in the league. Does it really make any sense to change it to accommodate Turk, at the cost of a worse offense..?
mapko81
Sixth Man
And1: 18

Post#15 » by mapko81 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:14 am

We don't have a choice but to keep him. His value is at an all-time low, and his contract couldn't be worse with the 4 years left and the trade kicker. If he has a nice year, we could get expiring contracts for him as Golden State did with Maggette. At this point we can only get other bad contracts that wouldn't make us any better.
TheBat
Junior
And1: 10

Post#16 » by TheBat » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:05 pm

Triano's system caused him to show up to camp out of shape. It also contributed to missing open layups and playing bad D. This is all damage control. His agent probably met with BC and they decided this was the best way to spin the story.

I disagree with those above that would rather keep Hedo over Jose. At least Jose has always been a team guy who gets along with everybody and will come off the bench if needed. Hedo had his 15 mins of fame on the Magic and his head swelled.

Can you imagine how disgruntled Hedo will be when the Raptors are a sub-500 team all season?
bboyskinnylegs
RealGM
And1: 25,497

Post#17 » by bboyskinnylegs » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:19 pm

It would be funny to see him getting the VC boo treatment while he was still playing for us. As long as we bring in a good young guy to take over at the 3, if we keep Hedo because we can't get adequate return for him, that's fine with me. The damage has been done though, so I can't see why we would bring him back to be our starting 3 at this point. And BC basically confirmed that deals were being pursued for Hedo, Jose, and Jarrett.
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,782
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#18 » by Boogie! » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:00 pm

hedo's a loser. the offensive system was not a problem. hedo sucks when he's not the primary ballhandler, yeah. the reason the raps lost games was because their d sucked. and hedo was a big part of that. changing the offensive system to cater to him isn't gonna make a difference. i mean what did he expect, our offense is based around giving the ball to bosh.
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
ak06ma
Veteran
And1: 47

Post#19 » by ak06ma » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:03 pm

TheBat wrote:Triano's system caused him to show up to camp out of shape. It also contributed to missing open layups and playing bad D. This is all damage control. His agent probably met with BC and they decided this was the best way to spin the story.

I disagree with those above that would rather keep Hedo over Jose. At least Jose has always been a team guy who gets along with everybody and will come off the bench if needed. Hedo had his 15 mins of fame on the Magic and his head swelled.

Can you imagine how disgruntled Hedo will be when the Raptors are a sub-500 team all season?

As long as he's getting his touches, I don't think he cares what our record is.
Buzzer Beat
Junior
And1: 0

Post#20 » by Buzzer Beat » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:14 pm

At least he is trying >.>
--
Not a big market for Turk.

Return to Toronto Raptors