ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Bosh on Fan this morning (at 9:00)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Reignman
Banned User
And1: 391

Re: OT: Bosh on Fan this morning (at 9:00) 

Post#41 » by Reignman » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:45 pm

Honestly, can we just end these CB threads on the Raptor board. i don't want this to turn into a VC situation where 6 years later we're still talking about the guy.
RomaniaLuvTR
Head Coach
And1: 1,029

Re: Bosh on Fan this morning 

Post#42 » by RomaniaLuvTR » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:46 pm

Centre Court wrote:
The_Toro wrote:

J. Oneal = Quick Fix, old player past prime

Toronto 2009 : Chris Bosh + J. O'Neal + decent supporting cast in Toronto = 33 wins

Miami 2010: Dwayne Wade + J. O'Neal (one year older) + roster gutted prior to free agency = 47 wins

Miami made the playoffs with JO, while Toronto did not. The difference? The talents of their franchise player.

Wade makes others better and can carry a team to victory, when they have no business winning. Bosh, on the other hand, does not make those around him better, nor has he proven he can carry a team on his shoulders.

Feschuk hit the nail on the head yesterday:

He fled from futility, and the futility was, in large part, his. He was the linchpin of a team that won 40 games in the best statistical season of his career.

well said bro
cram
Head Coach
And1: 1,699

Post#43 » by cram » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:49 pm

Reignman wrote:Honestly, can we just end these CB threads on the Raptor board. i don't want this to turn into a VC situation where 6 years later we're still talking about the guy.

Why? Many of us are actually (really) interested in this stuff. If you're not, just ignore the thread.
Jatt
Rookie
And1: 251

Re: Bosh on Fan this morning (at 9:00) 

Post#44 » by Jatt » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:50 pm

MrBojangelz71 wrote:Bosh knows he can say whatever he wants on the Fan, cause it didn't happen.

J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#45 » by J-Roc » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:51 pm

The_Toro wrote:
True Warrior Zo wrote:wow, never listen to the fan, but this host is a complete ass!

yes

Andrew Krystal is an idiot

It's Doug Farraway on now. I can't imagine how a conversation between Krystal and Bosh would have went.
J-Roc
RealGM

Post#46 » by J-Roc » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:51 pm

Reignman wrote:Honestly, can we just end these CB threads on the Raptor board. i don't want this to turn into a VC situation where 6 years later we're still talking about the guy.

Sorry brah, but your boy CB is the one who called a Toronto radio station so he could get us to discuss him.
Lionel Messi
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#47 » by Lionel Messi » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:52 pm

The haters will always manufacture a reason to hate on you Chris. Leave it be.

The fact that you have this many haters just shows how good of a player you really are. No one gives a sh*t about bad players.
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#48 » by 5DOM » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:52 pm

cram wrote:

Why? Many of us are actually (really) interested in this stuff. If you're not, just ignore the thread.

exactly. besides, this isn't really OT as Bosh's basically only talking about Toronto.
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,038

Post#49 » by ontnut » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:52 pm

Eh, more of the same from Bosh. He'll say the right things now, then go out and whoops! make another comment that is "taken out of context" by the media, whose job it is to bring in more viewership/readership/listeners, for a population that loves controversy. He, like this board, should just stop talking about it and move on. Nothing good can come from reaching back to the past - it's like when you're arguing with family or loved ones, keep it to the argument at hand, don't start bringing up stuff that happened in the past, because it happened already and there's no way to change that - move on and learn from experience.
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#50 » by 5DOM » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:52 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:The haters will always manufacture a reason to hate on you Chris. Leave it be.

The fact that you have this many haters just shows how good of a player you really are. No one gives a sh*t about bad players.

So Andrea Bargnani is a superstar?
J-Roc
RealGM

Post#51 » by J-Roc » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:52 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:The haters will always manufacture a reason to hate on you Chris. Leave it be.

Actually he has as many fans in Toronto as JYD. Actually, probably less.
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,197

Post#52 » by LittleOzzy » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:53 pm

Double Y wrote:
LittleOzzy wrote:Why is it suddenly damage control when he is simply telling the truth?

He loves the city, misses it... gave 100% on the floor, but people are still going to hate him simply because he wants to win a title with his buddies in Miami.

No. I'm a Bosh supporter for what he did here, but statements (and I paraphrase) like wanting to be on national television (obviously, Canada isn't a nation) and saying how things are different here and you can feel it and breathe it are not going to endear yourself to anyone, regardless of context.

This has nothing to do with whether he loves the city or not and whether he considered it home or not. And there's nothing "hating" about being less than ethused at his comments.

Bosh made the choice of leaving, and I don't have a problem with that. I have a problem with him blaming everyone but himself for making that choice. You can't have your cake and eat it too...well, not if you're Christ Bosh. Dwayne Wade, on the other hand....

Does the city of Toronto not smell different then most American cities? He never said it was a bad thing, I actually think it's a good thing.

Toronto is a much cleaner city. It does feel different to walk around down town in Toronto compared to cities like L.A. and Atlanta and so on...
Lionel Messi
Banned User

Post#53 » by Lionel Messi » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:54 pm

5DOM wrote:

So Andrea Bargnani is a superstar?

No Bargnani just has an extra large fanbase because he's a solid player who comes from another country and also draws interest from Europe in general.
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,267

Post#54 » by Shaazzam » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:54 pm

Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
Tommy Gun
Head Coach
And1: 2

Re: Bosh on Fan this morning 

Post#55 » by Tommy Gun » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:55 pm

Centre Court wrote:
The_Toro wrote:

J. Oneal = Quick Fix, old player past prime

Toronto 2009 : Chris Bosh + J. O'Neal + decent supporting cast in Toronto = 33 wins

Miami 2010: Dwayne Wade + J. O'Neal (one year older) + roster gutted prior to free agency = 47 wins

Miami made the playoffs with JO, while Toronto did not. The difference? The talents of their franchise player.

Wade makes others better and can carry a team to victory, when they have no business winning. Bosh, on the other hand, does not make those around him better, nor has he proven he can carry a team on his shoulders.

Feschuk hit the nail on the head yesterday:

He fled from futility, and the futility was, in large part, his. He was the linchpin of a team that won 40 games in the best statistical season of his career.

Firstly, the JO of 2010 was far better than the JO of 2009 because of health. It was stated numerous times on the heat board last year how much better he appeared physically than when he was acquired. JOs PER in Miami and Toronto in 2009 was the exact same. The next year it went up by 20%.
Secondly, it's about fit as much as quality. Obviously JO fit better on Miami than he did in Toronto. Just like Mario fit better in Toronto than Miami. Did Bosh suddenly make Marion way better than Wade was able to or was it more about fit?
Thirdly, we'll see how decent Bosh's supporting cast is this year. Even though its far improved over last year with Kleiza + Barbosa + Davis> Turk, it will be evident just how bad this team is soon enough.
Appel:
Bargs will be an all-star while Bosh averages 10/6 in Miami
Lionel Messi
Banned User

Post#56 » by Lionel Messi » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:57 pm

J-Roc wrote:

Actually he has as many fans in Toronto as JYD. Actually, probably less.

JYD was no star, it's easy to love a guy who we only depend on to be a workhorse. Look how much people love Reggie when he doesn't shoot.
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,267

Post#57 » by Shaazzam » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:58 pm

Cough *Udonis Haslem* Cough

Yes, Wade is a better player than CB4.
No, it's not an apples to apples comparison.
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
TerryTate
Analyst
And1: 1,451

Post#58 » by TerryTate » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:58 pm

mcruzr wrote:Pretty much what he is saying is that his quote was taken out of context. Also stated that the perception of popular players mean that they are better players.
- "If people don't see me play, then they don't know anything about it." His statement was never meant to be the reason why he left Toronto.
- "That's the reason I made that decision, to win championships."
Every game after the all star break, he was distracted due to the plethora of questions pre and post-games with reporters about the 2010 off season.
- "I just want to play basketball right now. I don't want to concentrate on that stuff" I never once wanted to make this a distraction. I just wanted to play basketball." Also stated he was getting mentally tired because of all the 2010 talk.
When asked if he "mailed it in", he replied with "I'm my worst critique. I don't go out to bomb games." Playing through his ankle tweak slowed him down. Played against many playoff teams down the stretch.
- "I know I worked hard and I know that I tried to lead as best as possible."

He sat out for a LONG stretch and after that he broke his face..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
True Warrior Zo
Lead Assistant
And1: 4

Post#59 » by True Warrior Zo » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:00 pm

Well Scalabrine must be an allstar, cause just his picture makes me want to hit something.
Lionel Messi
Banned User

Post#60 » by Lionel Messi » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:01 pm

seraphim1982 wrote:
mcruzr wrote:Pretty much what he is saying is that his quote was taken out of context. Also stated that the perception of popular players mean that they are better players.
- "If people don't see me play, then they don't know anything about it." His statement was never meant to be the reason why he left Toronto.
- "That's the reason I made that decision, to win championships."
Every game after the all star break, he was distracted due to the plethora of questions pre and post-games with reporters about the 2010 off season.
- "I just want to play basketball right now. I don't want to concentrate on that stuff" I never once wanted to make this a distraction. I just wanted to play basketball." Also stated he was getting mentally tired because of all the 2010 talk.
When asked if he "mailed it in", he replied with "I'm my worst critique. I don't go out to bomb games." Playing through his ankle tweak slowed him down. Played against many playoff teams down the stretch.
- "I know I worked hard and I know that I tried to lead as best as possible."

He sat out for a LONG stretch and after that he broke his face..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

When he came back from the ankle injury he was less explosive. He couldn't blow by players as easily as before.

Maybe it's a flaw he has, injuries like that hold him back, but it's crazy to say that he sat out while he was healthy and came back playing half-assed. People conveniently ignore the previous 6.5 years of data we have which show how much of a hard worker the guy is and how much he wants to win.

Return to Toronto Raptors