ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Bosh on Fan this morning (at 9:00)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Ripp
General Manager
And1: 324

Re: OT: Bosh on Fan this morning (at 9:00) 

Post#81 » by Ripp » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:27 pm

Why is it his responsibility to lie about what motivates him? That is certainly not his job. If he wanted to be on national TV, ain't nothing to be ashamed about. It certainly isn't his job to lie just to make Raptors fans feel good.
A Tolkienesque strategy war game made by me: http://www.warlords.co
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#82 » by J-Roc » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:29 pm

Ripp wrote:Why is it his responsibility to lie about what motivates him? That is certainly not his job. If he wanted to be on national TV, ain't nothing to be ashamed about. It certainly isn't his job to lie just to make Raptors fans feel good.

Yet he called the Fan590 to get on the radio to lie and tell us that being on on US tv is not what it's all about.
HeyJoe
Starter
And1: 12

Post#83 » by HeyJoe » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:30 pm

to be fair he was one of the most underrated guys in the league wrt the numbers

so his explanation makes sense
Slamin Hlamin
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#84 » by Slamin Hlamin » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:31 pm

cram wrote:
Reignman wrote:Honestly, can we just end these CB threads on the Raptor board. i don't want this to turn into a VC situation where 6 years later we're still talking about the guy.

Why? Many of us are actually (really) interested in this stuff. If you're not, just ignore the thread.

Seriously! If people don't want to talk about it, just don't read that thread! Obviously enough people want to talk about it. There is way too much locking and censorship on RealGM these days. If not offensive and about basketball we should have it. People can just ignore the ones they don't like.
TMMC
Banned User

Post#85 » by TMMC » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:32 pm

J-Roc wrote:
Ripp wrote:Why is it his responsibility to lie about what motivates him? That is certainly not his job. If he wanted to be on national TV, ain't nothing to be ashamed about. It certainly isn't his job to lie just to make Raptors fans feel good.

Yet he called the Fan590 to ge, it on the radio to lie and tell us that being on on US tv is not what it's all about.

Hadi aka Ripp is still holding out hope that CB4 might one day call him again, take it easy on him now....
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#86 » by 5DOM » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:32 pm

HeyJoe wrote:to be fair he was one of the most underrated guys in the league wrt the numbers

more like overrated.
it's BECAUSE he wasn't on the national tv that people didn't see his garbage D.
Ripp
General Manager

Post#87 » by Ripp » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:32 pm

What is so hard to understand here? If you are a pro athlete, you want to be seen by the guys you grew up with. The guys from your hometown, your buddies from middle and high school, that old lady who lived across the street from you when you were six. Is he supposed to deny this natural feeling, just because the Raps not getting any NT coverage is embarrassing?
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#88 » by J-Roc » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:33 pm

TMMC wrote:
J-Roc wrote:

Yet he called the Fan590 to ge, it on the radio to lie and tell us that being on on US tv is not what it's all about.

Hadi aka Ripp is still holding out hope that CB4 might one day call him again, take it easy on him now....

Watch out, I think calling someone Hadi on this board is against the TOS.
Truthrising
RealGM
And1: 7,966

Post#89 » by Truthrising » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:33 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:
truthrising wrote:All I can say is..Bosh you should thank us :
got your stats - check
you got paid- Check
National TV Exposure - Check
Now your famous - Check
Be in the All-Star Game - Check
Win a championship - ??
So stop digging your own hole cause in reality you're nothing more than an overrated PF who lacks and strong defensive skills.

Lol, he took a paycut. His stats are because he's a really good player. TV exposure is because he's on a super talented team. Famous? Well, people knew him before. Was worthy of starting in the all-star game.

Who's your favourite Raptor right now truthrising?

There's a difference between being a very good player on a good team and being a very good player on the raptors, just get that straight. TV exposure is due to him tagging along w/ James and Wade, and reason he was on the all star is because we had a lot of supporters who voted for him down here in Canada and also the fact that he padded his stats playing for a mediocre team (raps)

As for my favourite raptor - no one, I only support players that focuses on team wins not personal accomplishments.
Masai's to do list
Trade - Ibaka
VerbalKint
Sophomore

Post#90 » by VerbalKint » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:33 pm

"I looked at the pieces Miami had... I knew that Dwyane was staying, and I knew they had more cap room."

That sentence is just complete B.S. First of all, Miami had no pieces... they just had Beasley and Chalmers. Dwyane said he was seriously considering Chicago, but Chris really wanted to play in Miami which is why he decided to stay.
There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't!
TMMC
Banned User

Post#91 » by TMMC » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:33 pm

5DOM wrote:
HeyJoe wrote:to be fair he was one of the most underrated guys in the league wrt the numbers

more like overrated.

He will get his coverage now only as a role player who won`t make the all star game
Ripp
General Manager

Post#92 » by Ripp » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:35 pm

Heh, roleplayer. I'm for damn sure going to bump all those threads you guys made once the all-star break rolls around. That will be quite enjoyable.
whoknows
General Manager
And1: 1,495

Re: Bosh on Fan this morning 

Post#93 » by whoknows » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:36 pm

Centre Court wrote:
The_Toro wrote:

J. Oneal = Quick Fix, old player past prime

Toronto 2009 : Chris Bosh + J. O'Neal + decent supporting cast in Toronto = 33 wins

Miami 2010: Dwayne Wade + J. O'Neal (one year older) + roster gutted prior to free agency = 47 wins

Miami made the playoffs with JO, while Toronto did not. The difference? The talents of their franchise player.

Wade makes others better and can carry a team to victory, when they have no business winning. Bosh, on the other hand, does not make those around him better, nor has he proven he can carry a team on his shoulders.

Feschuk hit the nail on the head yesterday:

He fled from futility, and the futility was, in large part, his. He was the linchpin of a team that won 40 games in the best statistical season of his career.

this sums it up!
Ted Lasso
General Manager
And1: 1,214

Post#94 » by Ted Lasso » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:36 pm

Centre Court wrote:
The_Toro wrote:

J. Oneal = Quick Fix, old player past prime

Toronto 2009 : Chris Bosh + J. O'Neal + decent supporting cast in Toronto = 33 wins

Miami 2010: Dwayne Wade + J. O'Neal (one year older) + roster gutted prior to free agency = 47 wins

Miami made the playoffs with JO, while Toronto did not. The difference? The talents of their franchise player.

Wade makes others better and can carry a team to victory, when they have no business winning. Bosh, on the other hand, does not make those around him better, nor has he proven he can carry a team on his shoulders.

Feschuk hit the nail on the head yesterday:

He fled from futility, and the futility was, in large part, his. He was the linchpin of a team that won 40 games in the best statistical season of his career.

Fantastic post. You're really putting all the people who have been claiming Bosh is better than Wade in their place.

There's also the small matter of all the other players on those two rosters and the quality of the coaching staff but whatever.
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#95 » by 5DOM » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:38 pm

Ripp wrote:Heh, roleplayer. I'm for damn sure going to bump all those threads you guys made once the all-star break rolls around. That will be quite enjoyable.

Yah maybe all this national TV exposure will help him get more fans votes than KG, because he's not making the all star team otherwise.
iAmSofaKing
Banned User

Post#96 » by iAmSofaKing » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:40 pm

Warned
HeyJoe
Starter
And1: 12

Post#97 » by HeyJoe » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:41 pm

TMMC wrote:
5DOM wrote:

more like overrated.

He will get his coverage now only as a role player who won`t make the all star game

lol yea he was pretty bad on d but he was better than bargs :lol: plus he put up 24/10

i hate bosh as much as you, but in this case, i hate the media a little bit more if they spun **** like "the bottom line" liberally. like the way the media framed the story, it would've been such a dumb thing to say that even the most (Please Use More Appropriate Word) of athletes would know to not say something so (Please Use More Appropriate Word).
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#98 » by 5DOM » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:42 pm

iAmSofaKing wrote:Your an idiot

Ripp
General Manager

Post#99 » by Ripp » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:44 pm

5DOM wrote:
Ripp wrote:Heh, roleplayer. I'm for damn sure going to bump all those threads you guys made once the all-star break rolls around. That will be quite enjoyable.

Yah maybe all this national TV exposure will help him get more fans votes than KG, because he's not making the all star team otherwise.

Indeed. I guess it was fan votes how he has made it last time, not coaching selections? :)
Ted Lasso
General Manager
And1: 1,214

Post#100 » by Ted Lasso » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:44 pm

TMMC wrote:
5DOM wrote:

more like overrated.

Dunno about the role player thing but as long as he's healthy he'll easily make the allstar team.

Return to Toronto Raptors