ImageImageImageImageImage

Linus Kleiza: The Most Inefficient Starting SF in the NBA

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

sanity
RealGM
And1: 1,812

Re: Linus Kleiza: The Most Inefficient Starting SF in the NBA 

Post#21 » by sanity » Sun Jan 9, 2011 4:33 am

Kleiza has been awesome. Keep him forever
Slade3
Sixth Man
And1: 805

Post#22 » by Slade3 » Sun Jan 9, 2011 4:35 am

Tofubeque wrote:Clearly the solution is to continue to start him, give up 40 point quarters, and let him take shots away from Derozan.

At least that's what Triano will do

Triano is clearly tanking.
OlFlashy
Rookie
And1: 363

Post#23 » by OlFlashy » Sun Jan 9, 2011 4:45 am

Alfred wrote:
OlFlashy wrote:all of you turds who are posting to get rid of kleiza and barbosa, why don't you go troll on some other forum. cause right now you're nothin but negative trolls on this board. you jump on a different player all the time, and right now kleiza has not started enough games at SF to draw any sort of conclusion on his efficiency or his POTENTIAL. He is still young and can develop further and is a player who can be part of a winning team. but when you constantly rail on players we have on our team when we don't have anyone SUBSTANTIALLY better, well then you're nothing but a troll. f off

I don't think it's "negative" to post stuff about Kleiza being terrible, it's telling the truth. The team would be much, much more enjoyable to watch if he wasn't out there, hoisting up bricks.

You do not have an option that is measurably better, so yes, I'm telling the haters to quit the ranting like they somehow know how to build a basketball team better than the braintrust of the Raps. These are the same types of folks who said Bargnani is garbage. Some haven't given it up. Derozan should get Kleiza's touches? No thanks. He is 1 player on this club that hasn't exactly earned the enormous number of minutes he has been gifted. We are in a rebuilding mode, but some of you think you can build a team with 2 players plus the one we'll get in next year's lottery. This team needs to grow on a number of fronts, and Kleiza and Barbosa can be nice pieces. If you want to hate, fine. BUT DO IT SOMEWHERE ELSE. you self-hating little trolls
CreaM
Banned User
And1: 1,163

Post#24 » by CreaM » Sun Jan 9, 2011 5:03 am

Indeed wrote:Kleiza plays very similar to Bargnani, but less efficient.
When Bargnani was absent, Kleiza can take his spot and produce quite a bit.
However, both of them do not compliment each other.

We need a passing wing. Julian Wright is a good fit, but he doesn't have the shooting skill (and yes, captain obvious said this earlier).

I hope BC would make some trades and see who are the good fit for our team. I am a little concern with DeRozan fitting in as well, since he doesn't have the passing skill that the core team likes to play with.

What core team?
witnessraps
RealGM
And1: 4,656

Post#25 » by witnessraps » Sun Jan 9, 2011 5:07 am

CreaM wrote:Although Linas is averaging 14ppg when he starts, the guy has seriously failed to live up to my high expectations. When watching him play at the worlds, I was convinced that all the guy needed was a chance to start in the NBA and he would surprise everyone. I'm not sure what it is, is Jay not using him properly? Is he fatigued? (from playing basically the whole year) Not sure but it looks like he is trying to force his game out there.

hopefully he doesnt pull a hedo when leaving town
witnessraps
RealGM
And1: 4,656

Post#26 » by witnessraps » Sun Jan 9, 2011 5:10 am

OlFlashy wrote:all of you turds who are posting to get rid of kleiza and barbosa, why don't you go troll on some other forum. cause right now you're nothin but negative trolls on this board. you jump on a different player all the time, and right now kleiza has not started enough games at SF to draw any sort of conclusion on his efficiency or his POTENTIAL. He is still young and can develop further and is a player who can be part of a winning team. but when you constantly rail on players we have on our team when we don't have anyone SUBSTANTIALLY better, well then you're nothing but a troll. f off

Julian wright is better son
CreaM
Banned User

Post#27 » by CreaM » Sun Jan 9, 2011 5:12 am

OlFlashy wrote:
Alfred wrote:

I don't think it's "negative" to post stuff about Kleiza being terrible, it's telling the truth. The team would be much, much more enjoyable to watch if he wasn't out there, hoisting up bricks.

You do not have an option that is measurably better, so yes, I'm telling the haters to quit the ranting like they somehow know how to build a basketball team better than the braintrust of the Raps. These are the same types of folks who said Bargnani is garbage. Some haven't given it up. Derozan should get Kleiza's touches? No thanks. He is 1 player on this club that hasn't exactly earned the enormous number of minutes he has been gifted. We are in a rebuilding mode, but some of you think you can build a team with 2 players plus the one we'll get in next year's lottery. This team needs to grow on a number of fronts, and Kleiza and Barbosa can be nice pieces. If you want to hate, fine. BUT DO IT SOMEWHERE ELSE. you self-hating little trolls

Kleiza and Barbosa are good players in the right system, no one is disputing that. They're just terrible on this team however, absolutely atrocious, especially Kleiza. It seems like he is a player whose skills are best maximized in a system that doesn't feature him handling the ball so much. Unfortunately, Triano has given him the green light to do anything he wants out there, and that's about the worst way he can be used.

The thing I don't understand about this Colangelo/ Trianno offensive system is that there is absolutely no structure. It's like they have given the play calling responsibilities to the team and have relegated the coach's responsibilities to substitution management. Really Triano? This is why we see players we'd like to watch develop, like Derozan, go into droughts and become an afterthought in the offense. Everybody on the floor thinks they are a play maker, its actually pretty funny to watch because you know all they are looking for is their shot. How can we develop and build winning habits with a structure like that?
CreaM
Banned User

Post#28 » by CreaM » Sun Jan 9, 2011 5:16 am

witnessraps wrote:
CreaM wrote:Although Linas is averaging 14ppg when he starts, the guy has seriously failed to live up to my high expectations. When watching him play at the worlds, I was convinced that all the guy needed was a chance to start in the NBA and he would surprise everyone. I'm not sure what it is, is Jay not using him properly? Is he fatigued? (from playing basically the whole year) Not sure but it looks like he is trying to force his game out there.

hopefully he doesnt pull a hedo when leaving town

Funny that you mention that, because Hedo was deemed as overrated, ineffective, and lazy.
Alfred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,853

Post#29 » by Alfred » Sun Jan 9, 2011 5:59 am

OlFlashy wrote:
Alfred wrote:

Actually, his statistics show that he is demonstrably worse than Wright and Weems. He doesn't shoot very well, takes a ton of shots while he's on the floor, his defense is poor, he never passes and he turns the ball over a lot. He's paid too much money and he is playing too many minutes.

I'm also not one of the people who said that Bargnani was garbage, but I hope Kleiza is traded soon so that I don't have to watch him play any more.
CBC_Raptor
Rookie
And1: 67

Post#30 » by CBC_Raptor » Sun Jan 9, 2011 6:05 am

I say that we showcase him and then ship him out.
Raptors 2019 NBA Champs!! I´m a Fun Guy.
prototype
Analyst
And1: 357

Post#31 » by prototype » Sun Jan 9, 2011 6:06 am

BC should not sign anymore players. All the players he has signed so far has been garbage. Kapono, Turkoglu, and now Kleiza. He should only stick to trades. That is probably what he's best at since he usually gets someone of better value every time he makes a move. For example: Bonner for Rasho, Delfino for Weems and Amir, Jack and Andersen for Bayless and Peja.
HomieOmey
Head Coach
And1: 563

Post#32 » by HomieOmey » Sun Jan 9, 2011 6:56 am

Hopefully the Cavs or Mavs will take him.
TurboZ
jalenrose#5
Lead Assistant
And1: 266

Post#33 » by jalenrose#5 » Sun Jan 9, 2011 6:57 am

You know seriously, the Cavs may take him. Personally, I'd be fine with Joey Graham coming the other way...seriously..lol.
HomieOmey
Head Coach
And1: 563

Post#34 » by HomieOmey » Sun Jan 9, 2011 7:05 am

jalenrose#5 wrote:You know seriously, the Cavs may take him. Personally, I'd be fine with Joey Graham coming the other way...seriously..lol.

Well, yeah, they have a few scrubs on ending deals. I don't really care to keep or trade Kleiza since I'm not sure there are any significantly better options next year in free agency, but the Cavs might think the same and they are definitely weak at SF.

Jeff Green seems like one of the better and more realistic targets at SF via free agency next year, so it would be nice if we could snag him for only a mill or two more than Kleiza is costing us.
TurboZ

Return to Toronto Raptors