ImageImageImageImageImage

"Fun" Chris Bosh taunts for his return

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Re: "Fun" Chris Bosh taunts for his return 

Post#81 » by J-Roc » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:46 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:I assume RuPaul will be sung to the tune of "How-ard".

I like J-Roc's MVP idea, but agree that none of our players merit it. Therefore, I would proposed chanting it while Lebron and Wade are on the line, but "RuPaul" for Bosh's FTAs.

Well although none of our players merit it, did Bosh ever REALLY deserve it? That one season we hyped him up because he was our player, but no way we ever thought he was as good as Kobe or LeBron.

But that's the point. That's what we want him to remember. How when you're a star in Toronto, you're held up high on a pedestal. That's something he no doubt misses. And cheering MVP for our players will remind him of it.

Or, it will make him realize he was never really MVP material here either because Toronto fans will chant MVP for anyone.
Pomme
Pro Prospect
And1: 7

Post#82 » by Pomme » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:55 pm

considering we benefit from him leaving in the long run, the hate should be geared towards BC for not having the farsight of seeing his departure and not getting anything in return.

he did nothing wrong, as a free-agent he can go anywhere he want and he never said he was going to stay.
Scott Carefoot
Analyst
And1: 10

Post#83 » by Scott Carefoot » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:59 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. "Centre Court" and "koolguy" got shout-outs in my post: http://blogs.thescore.com/raptorblog/20 ... e-its-fun/

Also, you guys inspired this Photoshop masterpiece...

alpha
Starter
And1: 179

Post#84 » by alpha » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:21 pm

Scott Carefoot wrote:Thanks for the suggestions. "Centre Court" and "koolguy" got shout-outs in my post: http://blogs.thescore.com/raptorblog/20 ... e-its-fun/

Also, you guys inspired this Photoshop masterpiece...

Now that's a winner. If you can print up 16,000 of those you could make a tidy profit :lol:
Strategist1
Head Coach
And1: 413

Post#85 » by Strategist1 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:28 pm

Pomme wrote:considering we benefit from him leaving in the long run, the hate should be geared towards BC for not having the farsight of seeing his departure and not getting anything in return.

he did nothing wrong, as a free-agent he can go anywhere he want and he never said he was going to stay.

Yep...BC gambled and lost. He then got all hurt and whiny and deflected blame on Bosh as much as possible. He ordered his media troops to do the same.

As a free agent, he was free to do what he wanted. After the season, it was his decision. He just so happened that he expressed what was going on in his head. Maybe not the smartest thing to do. But that's the difference between Canadians and Americans sometimes. Canadians tend to be reserved, and Americans can be more candid and blunt. That's just my opinion.
Prediction
Spurs in 7. Parker MVP. Lebron 6-17fg, 18pt, 8reb, 5 asst in game 7 LOSS.
The Heat will choke!
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,778
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#86 » by Boogie! » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:46 pm

Strategist1 wrote:
Pomme wrote:considering we benefit from him leaving in the long run, the hate should be geared towards BC for not having the farsight of seeing his departure and not getting anything in return.

Yep...BC gambled and lost. He then got all hurt and whiny and deflected blame on Bosh as much as possible. He ordered his media troops to do the same.

As a free agent, he was free to do what he wanted. After the season, it was his decision. He just so happened that he expressed what was going on in his head. Maybe not the smartest thing to do. But that's the difference between Canadians and Americans sometimes. Canadians tend to be reserved, and Americans can be more candid and blunt. That's just my opinion.

inferiority complex at it's finest.
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
kwamebargnani
General Manager
And1: 2,479

Post#87 » by kwamebargnani » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:54 pm

ignore him?
Strategist1
Head Coach
And1: 413

Post#88 » by Strategist1 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:58 pm

Boogie! wrote:
Strategist1 wrote:

inferiority complex at it's finest.

Nothing to do with inferiority complex.... I've been all over the states. Americans are more enterprising in nature, more open to business. Canadians tend to want the facts and want to get in depth more. I've learned this through business to business sales. Try contacting thousands of companies in the states and Canada, while speaking to executives and such. You'd notice the differences. It is a known fact, that Canadians are more liberal in nature.

There are of course positives in Canada. We are generally more "tech" literate. That's why we have the most RealGM posters on here.

But anyways, you don't have to believe me... I was just sharing my opinion.
Prediction
Spurs in 7. Parker MVP. Lebron 6-17fg, 18pt, 8reb, 5 asst in game 7 LOSS.
The Heat will choke!
WalterCronkite
Rookie
And1: 106

Post#89 » by WalterCronkite » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:03 pm

How about "Thanks for the Memories Chris, we miss you!" Because clearly, if you need to make topics about what to chant, you clearly think of Chris too much, and are butt hurt. Get over it, he left as a FREE AGENT! It happens. Why anyone would blame him for leaving a terribly run franchise for one run by a basketball mind like Riley is ridiculous.
WalterCronkite
Rookie
And1: 106

Post#90 » by WalterCronkite » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:07 pm

While were at it, why not make a Topic called, "Chants and taunts for Derozan's return" Since he will inevitably be run out of town by poor management, even poorer media, and annoying fans. Just watch the game, enjoy it and hope our guys make it interesting.
Scott Carefoot
Analyst
And1: 10

Post#91 » by Scott Carefoot » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:08 pm

WalterCronkite wrote:How about "Thanks for the Memories Chris, we miss you!" Because clearly, if you need to make topics about what to chant, you clearly think of Chris too much, and are butt hurt. Get over it, he left as a FREE AGENT! It happens.

That's certainly one theory. Another theory is that it was a fun topic for me to write about and I wanted to see what people would come up with. But hey, I've been on the Internet long enough to know that people will always claim to know how other people "really feel" about a situation, even though they develop this opinion without the benefit of facial expressions or body language.
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,449

Post#92 » by Morris_Shatford » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:25 pm

I am just going to boo.
No need to be overly fancy with it.
agentzero2010
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,686

Post#93 » by agentzero2010 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:27 pm

boo everyone else to death and just stay quiet when bosh scores a bucket or goes to the free throw line, give him the silent treatment
OhMyBosh
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,206

Post#94 » by OhMyBosh » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:47 pm

jumpman wrote:
OhMyBosh wrote:Ignoring him is a bigger slap in the face than any chant you can think of.

We all know that's not happening. Let the fans have some fun in the midst of a depressing-ass season. I really hope the fans don't disappoint.

Silent treatment not fun? I know it’s impossible to control 20,000 fans, but if it was done, it would make sports headlines for the year. There’s always time to boo him since he’ll play here once or twice every year. And there’s always LeBron you can boo as well.

Booing him means he’s getting the attention that he’s always wanted.
cap shaker
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#95 » by cap shaker » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:24 am

Gold Chain wrote:I don't think I'm going to do much in the way of taunting Chris.

He's a multi-millionaire living in Miami on a contender while I freeze my ass walking my dog. :(

I'd have done EXACTLY what he did, he made the right call.

100%
Youngmula3
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#96 » by Youngmula3 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:55 am

This took me like 2 mins to photo shop

basketball royalty
RealGM
And1: 2,963

Post#97 » by basketball royalty » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:46 am

I'm making a poster for this one. SuperFriends. Guess who is Wonderwoman.
props to Turbozone for the sig
HiMyNameIsTrey
General Manager
And1: 12,646

Post#98 » by HiMyNameIsTrey » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:50 am

I'm just booing Wade
Red_White_Black
Junior
And1: 275

Post#99 » by Red_White_Black » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:57 am

Give him the silent treatment...don't chant or boo whenever he has the ball. But whenever the PA announcer says his name everyone yell "WHO?!?!?!?!?"
KL78192020
RealGM
And1: 14,430

Post#100 » by KL78192020 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:02 am

Red_White_Black wrote:Give him the silent treatment...don't chant or boo whenever he has the ball. But whenever the PA announcer says his name everyone yell "WHO?!?!?!?!?"

You want 20,000 fans to sit quietly at a sporting event?

Return to Toronto Raptors