No
34%

Total votes: 166

K1NG
General Manager
And1: 856

Re: Do you like the new court design? 

Post#41 » by K1NG » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:29 pm

Jonn wrote:Can anyone explain the point of this effect? A camera dude has his foot through the sign right now. Super cool effect!

Augmented reality.
bigbadstevenson
Banned User
And1: 365

Post#42 » by bigbadstevenson » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:31 pm

Discussing this will be atop Matt and Jack's list of priorities for the next several weeks.
BlackMaple
Starter
And1: 1,087

Post#43 » by BlackMaple » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:43 pm

I'm fine with everything but the 3D effect thing. Sure it looks 'cool' on T.V. but I bet it looks (Please Use More Appropriate Word) when you see the court in real life.
Thelonious
Assistant Coach
And1: 253

Post#44 » by Thelonious » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:52 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SNYtd0Ayt0[/youtube]
HEDOBALL
Veteran
And1: 1,486

Post#45 » by HEDOBALL » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:53 pm

I screamed at the TV when I thought that one of the ref's was going to run into a very awkwardly placed sign underneath the basket.
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,184

Post#46 » by djsunyc » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:57 pm

you would think the nba would go the nfl route and superimpose images onto the court. isn't that much better than permanently putting something on the court? unless the court's color is not condusive to the images...
TheMainEvent
Analyst
And1: 1,814

Post#47 » by TheMainEvent » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:01 pm

There's something about the centre court design that bugs me. Not sure what...

The two 3D banner-paint things on the two baselines is okay. It's kind of cool, kind of completely pointless. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the folks in the stadium and some of the players on the court think it's too distracting. It looks all distorted from their point of view. It doesn't make a difference to me, watching on TV.
Good Lord, the little stoner's got a point.
TheMainEvent on Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:03 pm wrote:I say the Raptors win the championship in 2019.
Komodo
Banned User
And1: 791

Post#48 » by Komodo » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:39 pm

I don't like the 3D thing. Overall everything is too red. We need more color variety.
gp2015
RealGM
And1: 10,140

Post#49 » by gp2015 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:41 pm

Personally, I hate the 3-D design. It looks cheap.

Now the real question is, how many times a game are we going to hear the commentators say how great it is? I say at least 1-2 times a game.
"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court." - Alvin Williams
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,572

Post#50 » by DreamTeam09 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:56 pm

I think the court looks wavy. The 3D thing is sick, b4 the mentioned it I was like wtf is that. The only thing I could ask for is a little more black. LIke black on the side lines and make the key lines thicker.

In Raptor Ball I Trust
Coach Smiley
Assistant Coach
And1: 980

Post#51 » by Coach Smiley » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:59 pm

The 3D is used in football all the time, I'm used to it, another attempt to make the team more euro

other than that they might as well change our name to the Toronto Trail Blazers
Hyperglide
Pro Prospect
And1: 277

Post#52 » by Hyperglide » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:13 pm

I really do like it, but the only thing that bothers me is it looks to similar to Portlands court.
SuperHigh
Senior
And1: 1

Post#53 » by SuperHigh » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:28 pm

It's absolutely disgusting...the 3D Toblerone looking thing is just an awful idea. It's way too distracting and it makes the sides of the baseline look empty. The paint area being fully red looks awful too. They need a black border around the court like the bulls..or red even...and the paint area needs the bars to be in a different colour from the paint. The three point line needs a different shade from the inside to the outside too. Something similar to the court we had in 2007, now that was a badass court design.
HSOB SIRHC
General Manager
And1: 1,238

Post#54 » by HSOB SIRHC » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:43 pm

I'm not sure what it is with the center logo, but I'm not liking it. I think it's too big/busy/too much colour maybe?
Credit to Turbozone
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 14,404

Post#55 » by ForeverTFC » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:48 pm

whysoserious wrote:I don't mind the centre court logo. I liked the black one before. I just don't get the point of having the Raptors along the baseline look 3d. There is no purpose to it looking like that, it doesn't enhance anything about the viewer experience and it probably looks so (Please Use More Appropriate Word) in the arena. This wreaks of doing something in 3d just for the sake of doing it.

I'm pretty sure that we will be selling sponsorship spots there, as I think they were stickers.
whysoserious
RealGM
And1: 8,634

Post#56 » by whysoserious » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:53 pm

I'm sure that the eventual goal is to put advertising for sure. But sometimes enough advertising is enough. I mean the Raptors right across the entire baseline, flat was fine. This just doesn't look right, adds nothing to the game. They've already put digital advertisements all over, why not just go FIFA and remove team beams and add a bunch of logos. I like the tradition of north american sports with teams having identifiable logos and no advertising on their jerseys.

And that doesn't even address how ugly it must look when you're in the arena. I mean you're probably better off digitally putting advertisements for the home viewer and leave the in-game experience alone.
JYD
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,209

Post#57 » by JYD » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:00 am

I like a minimal look...looking at the court in highlights I actually like most of it...the red key is cool..the Euro-ad 'Raptors' on the end is unique..the problem is the horrifically overpowering circle at center-court.

Make the black outer ring thinner (putting it where the grey ring is) along with the black claw outline, ditch the grey ring, and get rid of the red filling (so it's just hardwood inside the circle, as well as inside the claw).

I guess they want red in there too..maybe fill some parts of the claw red? Or put a thin red line right inside the thinner black line I mentioned? I dunno.
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 14,404

Post#58 » by ForeverTFC » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:04 am

whysoserious wrote:I'm sure that the eventual goal is to put advertising for sure. But sometimes enough advertising is enough. I mean the Raptors right across the entire baseline, flat was fine. This just doesn't look right, adds nothing to the game. They've already put digital advertisements all over, why not just go FIFA and remove team beams and add a bunch of logos. I like the tradition of north american sports with teams having identifiable logos and no advertising on their jerseys.

And that doesn't even address how ugly it must look when you're in the arena. I mean you're probably better off digitally putting advertisements for the home viewer and leave the in-game experience alone.

I think if you're in the upper deck, or sideline seats in the lower bowl, you will be able to see the 3D effect, but I may be mistaken.

Looks like the only people they are screwing are the ones paying the most amount of money, essentially ruining the experience for those supporting this over priced product ...

Uh Oh.... This seems like a Rogers idea :uhoh:
albert
Veteran
And1: 44

Post#59 » by albert » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:40 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I6C9xyAxlQ[/youtube]

Oh the trickery.
Firesphere
Junior
And1: 7

Post#60 » by Firesphere » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:58 am

It's interesting for about a minute, and then the baseline starts screwing with your perception, I don't like it at all. Plus I feel like the mid court is far too emphasized with outlines while the key has like zero definition between itself and the court, the entire court does not feel as though there is any flow of concept.

Return to Toronto Raptors