ImageImageImageImageImage

Raptors NBA Draft Thread: Moe Harkless

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

BillyGM
Analyst
And1: 1,175

Re: Raptors NBA Draft Thread: Moe Harkless 

Post#21 » by BillyGM » Sun May 6, 2012 6:30 pm

TheToothFairy wrote:Looks good but is h better tHan James Johnson?

Moe is 18 years old :)
DraftExpress
What's funny is that I had lunch with Terrence Ross' agent yesterday. We talked about every possible scenario. Toronto never came up.
Throwback24
RealGM
And1: 41,651

Post#22 » by Throwback24 » Sun May 6, 2012 6:34 pm

If I were stuck between picking Barnes and this guy I'd trade down to draft him.
Remember when’ is the lowest form of conversation.
TheToothFairy
Banned User
And1: 297

Post#23 » by TheToothFairy » Sun May 6, 2012 11:35 pm

BillyGM wrote:

I know but he is currently slated to picked around the Sam spot where JJ was. The question is will he be an upgrade and better than JJ. OR MORE OF THE SAME.
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,767

Post#24 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Sun May 6, 2012 11:42 pm

Wow, he's pretty young. He'll turn 19 next week. So, he's got a lot of upside, combined with his excellent physical tools...he's somebody you definitely have to consider with our pick. I suspect he'll move up even more following workouts.
zilby
RealGM
And1: 38,871

Post#25 » by zilby » Sun May 6, 2012 11:42 pm

Watching, he seems like a shorter Kenneth Faried. Some skill with a high motor and his energy is a major game changer. Definitely not worth the 8th pick, but if we can move Jose for a pick in the teens/20's I would definitely look for him there.
Hawaiian pizza is good.
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,560

Post#26 » by DG88 » Sun May 6, 2012 11:48 pm

TheToothFairy wrote:
BillyGM wrote:

I know but he is currently slated to picked around the Sam spot where JJ was. The question is will he be an upgrade and better than JJ. OR MORE OF THE SAME.

If we draft him he'll bring what JJ brings now minus the boneheaded plays, which is an upgrade. In a couple of years he'd be doing more than what is giving us now. JJ is 25 and will be 26 next year he's pretty much a finished product now with little room for growth. I'd take the chance that Harkless ends up better than JJ in the long run. Again no one in this roster is untouchable outside of Val, Bargs and DeRozan.
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,214

Post#27 » by Dalek » Mon May 7, 2012 4:42 am

I don't think he will be as good as JJ now, but in three years at 22 (turning 19 in May), he should be much better. His jumpshot is not broken, he is always in attack mode, and he is a high energy guy. The best thing about him is he is a vocal leader. I think he has that 'IT' factor. I could see him top out as a Rudy Gay type player.

Right now he is much too light, and needs to work on his game. If you want immediate production he might not be the guy. But, he is a very prospect in my opinion.
SwiftyV
Sixth Man
And1: 1,682

Post#28 » by SwiftyV » Sat May 12, 2012 12:39 am

@NYCHoops Former St. John's star Moe Harkless to work out with the #NBA's Toronto Raptors on Wednesday at IMG. #stjbb #gojohnnies
JamesNaismith
Banned User
And1: 5

Post#29 » by JamesNaismith » Sat May 12, 2012 1:17 am

He doesn't look that fluid to me...a bit stiff/robotic.
Dalek
RealGM

Post#30 » by Dalek » Sat May 12, 2012 4:23 am

He's my under the radar guy. His motor is the best thing he has going. Much like MKG, but not playing on a big program like Kentucky. He's also a vocal guy on the floor which is a great attribute.
nelabai
Senior
And1: 39

Post#31 » by nelabai » Sat May 12, 2012 7:24 am

If there is no chance to trade up, would you trade down and get Moe?
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,498

Post#32 » by dagger » Wed May 23, 2012 6:24 pm

Steve Kyler's latest mock has us taking Harkless at the #8 slot. He also has Lamb falling to 24th. Kyler separately says we are focussed on taking a SF.

Harkless is an interesting one and done candidate, with the right body but lack of range, and BC has said he wants shooters. But with his athleticism, he's a good bet to sneak into the lottery once the workouts are done.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
BillyGM
Analyst
And1: 1,175

Post#33 » by BillyGM » Wed May 23, 2012 7:41 pm

dagger wrote:Steve Kyler's latest mock has us taking Harkless at the #8 slot. He also has Lamb falling to 24th. Kyler separately says we are focussed on taking a SF.

Harkless is an interesting one and done candidate, with the right body but lack of range, and BC has said he wants shooters. But with his athleticism, he's a good bet to sneak into the lottery once the workouts are done.

BC wants shooters as someone said, if Lamb/Beal/Barnes is available and Moe is, BC choice is Lamb/Barnes/Beal not Moe.
DraftExpress
What's funny is that I had lunch with Terrence Ross' agent yesterday. We talked about every possible scenario. Toronto never came up.
S.W.A.N
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,512

Post#34 » by S.W.A.N » Thu May 24, 2012 6:39 am

BC wants more shooters on the team and will bring some in but that does not mean we have to draft one with first pick. There are free agents and trades and the second round pick as well.
We the North
JamesNaismith
Banned User
And1: 5

Post#35 » by JamesNaismith » Thu May 24, 2012 2:30 pm

He just doesn't seem fluid enough imo.
Unknownone
Pro Prospect
And1: 16

Post#36 » by Unknownone » Thu May 24, 2012 2:46 pm

Anticipate that he'll be one of the more pleasant surprises of this draft - despite not having his head coach (Steve Lavin) around for the season, a dismal record, and the exit of key personnel from the team, Harkless never did hang his head and feel sorry for himself - kept battling and hustling. More than deserved props from the conference for his efforts.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,523

Post#37 » by Dr Positivity » Thu May 24, 2012 8:31 pm

For what it's worth, if there's anyone who fits the profile of the Derozan and Davis picks in this draft, it's prob Harkless. Though BC might reverse course on his pick strategy after those two
MacDaddy
RealGM
And1: 428

Post#38 » by MacDaddy » Thu May 24, 2012 9:43 pm

I like Harkless he reminds me a lot of Evan Turner, but he's playing at a much smaller school, so he gets a lot less coverage. If he was the best player they saw at 8 I would be surprised, but not shocked. From a needs perspective I think he has a lot of overlap with Derozan.
Dalek
RealGM

Post#39 » by Dalek » Thu May 24, 2012 10:19 pm

Mufusa, you are spot on. I think Harkless does fit the BC drafting profile. That's why I thought we should look at him as potential pick because I see the upside. He is relatively unknown, pretty raw, but is young enough, coachable and athletic. What I like about him is that he produces in many facets of the game. When he bulks up he could be a very good player.

Despite what seem people think about his fluidity, I see a very quick player for his size in-game. He played very well against Kentucky and could score on MKG, so I don't worry too much about him being able to adapt.

My comparison to him would be Rudy Gay, who had similar stats and was also drafted 8th overall. His shot needs development, but he looks like a hard worker.
PaperHoops
Junior
And1: 46

Post#40 » by PaperHoops » Sat May 26, 2012 4:51 am

I think Harkless is going to be a steal in this draft. Paul George went 11th two years ago. Harkless has that type of game, should his J develop. (Which it should.)

I'd rather reach on Harkless or maybe Terrance Ross over Rivers, Marhsall, Lillard or Sully.

Return to Toronto Raptors