ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Dwight Howard's body is akin to a Greek god's

Moderators: Yuri Vaultin, tsherkin, Morris_Shatford, Alfred, FluLikeSymptoms, Rhettmatic, itbobby007, DG88, Undefeated

User avatar
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 20,518
And1: 1,075
Joined: Aug 08, 2007
Location: Its ALL about Location, Location, Location!

OT: Dwight Howard's body is akin to a Greek god's 

Post#1 » by YogiStewart » Mon Jul 2, 2012 4:22 pm

from the words of the god himself, Mr Dwight Howard:

BIOGRAPHY

Orlando Magic center Dwight David Howard Jr. is not just a basketball player. He is one of the most charismatic and thus popular basketball player on earth. His muscular physique resembles a 6’11 bronze statue of Apollo. His resume belies his 24 years of age while reading like the first chapter of a sports monopoly. The home grown Atlanta, Georgian has pillared his brand on ferocious dunks and electric smiles.


http://www.dwighthoward.com/bio

this is clearly a man who knows humility.
User avatar
JWiLL02
RealGM
Posts: 10,240
And1: 1,416
Joined: Jan 06, 2004
Location: Sprite Zone

Re: OY: Dwight Howard's body is akin to a Greek god's 

Post#2 » by JWiLL02 » Mon Jul 2, 2012 4:23 pm

I'm trying to figure out what an "electric smile" is.
Image
*Sig courtesy of Raptors' royalty 'Turbozone'. www.turbozone.ca
djsunyc
RealGM
Posts: 26,663
And1: 2,307
Joined: Dec 27, 2003

Re: OY: Dwight Howard's body is akin to a Greek god's 

Post#3 » by djsunyc » Mon Jul 2, 2012 4:23 pm

yogi search history ftw!!!
User avatar
5DOM
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 39,808
And1: 1,581
Joined: Aug 30, 2004
Contact:
       

Re: OY: Dwight Howard's body is akin to a Greek god's 

Post#4 » by 5DOM » Mon Jul 2, 2012 4:25 pm

JWiLL02 wrote:I'm trying to figure out what an "electric smile" is.


Same here
Image
User avatar
GamePoint
Starter
Posts: 2,134
And1: 89
Joined: Sep 28, 2008
Location: Brandon Wright! Not in here!

Re: OY: Dwight Howard's body is akin to a Greek god's 

Post#5 » by GamePoint » Mon Jul 2, 2012 4:26 pm

JWiLL02 wrote:I'm trying to figure out what an "electric smile" is.


A smile that lights up the room?

:-D
Marlo Stanfield
Banned User
Posts: 3,980
And1: 12
Joined: Nov 30, 2011
Location: Anthony Davis' Unibrow

Re: OY: Dwight Howard's body is akin to a Greek god's 

Post#6 » by Marlo Stanfield » Mon Jul 2, 2012 4:26 pm

5DOM wrote:
JWiLL02 wrote:I'm trying to figure out what an "electric smile" is.


Same here


That's pretty damn electric!

Image
bigdirty
Banned User
Posts: 4,718
And1: 62
Joined: Apr 16, 2010

Re: OY: Dwight Howard's body is akin to a Greek god's 

Post#7 » by bigdirty » Mon Jul 2, 2012 4:30 pm

I thought when I read that it was some beat writer describing Howard, who certainly does have an impressive physique. Then I noticed it's from his own website... Lame.
User avatar
TheBigNas-T
Freshman
Posts: 73
And1: 0
Joined: Feb 23, 2012

Re: OY: Dwight Howard's body is akin to a Greek god's 

Post#8 » by TheBigNas-T » Mon Jul 2, 2012 4:36 pm

bigdirty wrote:I thought when I read that it was some beat writer describing Howard, who certainly does have an impressive physique. Then I noticed it's from his own website... Lame.


You do know he's being satirical right? Ala old spice-ish if you may.
Rejected
Starter
Posts: 2,018
And1: 1,644
Joined: Mar 28, 2011
       

Re: OY: Dwight Howard's body is akin to a Greek god's 

Post#9 » by Rejected » Mon Jul 2, 2012 4:44 pm

What was Howard thinking in waiving his ETO. He could sign with the Nets with d-will today. Now he still wants to go there but it might be impossible to ever do it if the Nets blow their cap room. What a mess. His body may be god like but hes got the brain of a shoe box.
Sojourn
Pro Prospect
Posts: 824
And1: 36
Joined: Aug 16, 2009

Re: OY: Dwight Howard's body is akin to a Greek god's 

Post#10 » by Sojourn » Mon Jul 2, 2012 4:46 pm

is this thread worthy?
User avatar
Los Manos
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,631
And1: 360
Joined: Mar 08, 2005
     

Re: OY: Dwight Howard's body is akin to a Greek god's 

Post#11 » by Los Manos » Mon Jul 2, 2012 4:46 pm

BIOGRAPHY

Orlando Magic center Dwight David Howard Jr. is not just a basketball player. He is one of the most charismatic and thus popular basketball player on earth. His muscular physique resembles a 6’11 bronze statue of Apollo. His resume belies his 24 years of age while reading like the first chapter of a sports monopoly. The home grown Atlanta, Georgian has pillared his brand on ferocious dunks and sh*t for brains


fixed.
User avatar
barrist
RealGM
Posts: 10,898
And1: 498
Joined: Oct 12, 2002
Location: Ottawa
 

Re: OY: Dwight Howard's body is akin to a Greek god's 

Post#12 » by barrist » Mon Jul 2, 2012 4:46 pm

Isn't he a devout Christian? That's blasphemy according to Exodus 20:3.
fredericklove
Banned User
Posts: 24,573
And1: 6,394
Joined: Nov 12, 2009
Location: Toronto Raptors Playoffs Trauma Treatment Center
     

Re: OY: Dwight Howard's body is akin to a Greek god's 

Post#13 » by fredericklove » Mon Jul 2, 2012 4:53 pm

Dwight is unlikable.
User avatar
vancityballer
Rookie
Posts: 1,026
And1: 8
Joined: Jun 18, 2007
Location: An island in the Pacific.
     

Re: OY: Dwight Howard's body is akin to a Greek god's 

Post#14 » by vancityballer » Mon Jul 2, 2012 5:06 pm

I hate what has happened to Dwight. Prior to last season, he was easily one of the most likable players in the NBA. He was incredibly skilled, hard working and charismatic. Now, he's just skilled in the eyes of most NBA fans. He made some very, very poor decisions and is continuing to make them. His demand to be traded to one team is ridiculous. Holding his gm, and the team that he grew to stardom with, is hardly endearing nor should it be tolerated. He decided to opt-in to his contract and now the Magic are financially handcuffed as he is holding the cap space that they could be luring top free agents with. Not only that, but their return from anybody other than the Nets is going to be paltry due to Dwights public claim that he will only sign with Brooklyn next summer. How can the NBA police this kind of behavior? There has to be some sort of recourse for these actions.
The more posts of yours I read, the dumber I get
User avatar
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 20,518
And1: 1,075
Joined: Aug 08, 2007
Location: Its ALL about Location, Location, Location!

Re: OY: Dwight Howard's body is akin to a Greek god's 

Post#15 » by YogiStewart » Mon Jul 2, 2012 5:39 pm

Sojourn wrote:is this thread worthy?


i wanted to ask your mom if you were spermworthy, but that would have been rude.

seriously, Mr Buzzkill, its OT and its worth discussion. i gleemed this off of twitter and its doing the rounds. if you don't want to read it, move on.
Oogla Carr: MLSE Employee of the Year
JamesNaismith
Banned User
Posts: 6,929
And1: 4
Joined: Jul 04, 2009
Location: #Breaking backboards on the peachbasket!*

Re: OT: Dwight Howard's body is akin to a Greek god's 

Post#16 » by JamesNaismith » Mon Jul 2, 2012 5:43 pm

F*ck him
User avatar
BetterCallSaul
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,944
And1: 511
Joined: Jul 29, 2011
Location: Toronto

Re: OT: Dwight Howard's body is akin to a Greek god's 

Post#17 » by BetterCallSaul » Mon Jul 2, 2012 5:46 pm

YogiStewart wrote:from the words of the god himself, Mr Dwight Howard:

BIOGRAPHY

Orlando Magic center Dwight David Howard Jr. is not just a basketball player. He is one of the most charismatic and thus popular basketball player on earth. His muscular physique resembles a 6’11 bronze statue of Apollo. His resume belies his 24 years of age while reading like the first chapter of a sports monopoly. The home grown Atlanta, Georgian has pillared his brand on ferocious dunks and electric smiles.


http://www.dwighthoward.com/bio

this is clearly a man who knows humility.


Biography is not the same thing as autobiography.
On DeRozan:
dacrusha wrote: He will never shoot over 30% from that range and you can sig me on that.
User avatar
ItsDanger
Analyst
Posts: 3,023
And1: 166
Joined: Oct 31, 2008

Re: OT: Dwight Howard's body is akin to a Greek god's 

Post#18 » by ItsDanger » Mon Jul 2, 2012 5:47 pm

Havent been to the greek museums in some time but the bronze statue of Apollo comparison seemed odd to me.

Image

Dwight might need to refer to something other than cartoons or comic books for his references.
Its all Garbo's fault!
User avatar
vancityballer
Rookie
Posts: 1,026
And1: 8
Joined: Jun 18, 2007
Location: An island in the Pacific.
     

Re: OT: Dwight Howard's body is akin to a Greek god's 

Post#19 » by vancityballer » Mon Jul 2, 2012 6:59 pm

ItsDanger wrote:Havent been to the greek museums in some time but the bronze statue of Apollo comparison seemed odd to me.

Image

Dwight might need to refer to something other than cartoons or comic books for his references.


And that, my friends, is why Greg Oden's bio said nothing of the sort.
The more posts of yours I read, the dumber I get
User avatar
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 20,518
And1: 1,075
Joined: Aug 08, 2007
Location: Its ALL about Location, Location, Location!

Re: OT: Dwight Howard's body is akin to a Greek god's 

Post#20 » by YogiStewart » Mon Jul 2, 2012 7:25 pm

BetterCallSaul wrote:
YogiStewart wrote:from the words of the god himself, Mr Dwight Howard:

BIOGRAPHY

Orlando Magic center Dwight David Howard Jr. is not just a basketball player. He is one of the most charismatic and thus popular basketball player on earth. His muscular physique resembles a 6’11 bronze statue of Apollo. His resume belies his 24 years of age while reading like the first chapter of a sports monopoly. The home grown Atlanta, Georgian has pillared his brand on ferocious dunks and electric smiles.


http://www.dwighthoward.com/bio

this is clearly a man who knows humility.


Biography is not the same thing as autobiography.


dude...
its on his own website.

and when you're talking about web and media, you have a bio about yourself. not an autobio about yourself.
when you retire, then yes, there is a difference between bio and autobiography.
Oogla Carr: MLSE Employee of the Year

Return to Toronto Raptors