ImageImageImageImageImage

2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Blazer_2458
Bench Warmer
And1: 45

Re: 2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread 

Post#21 » by Blazer_2458 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:28 am

If BC is serious about making the playoffs:

Jose and Ed Davis for Stephen Jackson and SA's choice of 2nd round scrub (Cojo)

Davis > Cojo but a broken down Jackson> any raptor wing (both defensively and offensively)
mirrornick
RealGM
And1: 13,725

Post#22 » by mirrornick » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:29 am

youreachiteach wrote:
mirrornick wrote:Who could we get for Amir + Jose ?

Stephen Jackson or Shawn Marion . Everytime I scroll through the league to see if anyone is available that suits our needs, those are the only ones I can see possibly having a fit in terms of salary. Dallas is going to blow it up soon and San Antonio doesn't really need Jackson and would value some of our more niche players because of their talent.

Steve is out because of character, and we all know what BC thinks of Marion...so....we'll see.

I would love to bring Marion back. Jackson would be a very bad fit for this team.
I think Galinari would be a perfect fit. Bargs might even play better just because of Galinaris presence.
Blazer_2458
Bench Warmer

Post#23 » by Blazer_2458 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:30 am

youreachiteach wrote:

Stephen Jackson or Shawn Marion . Everytime I scroll through the league to see if anyone is available that suits our needs, those are the only ones I can see possibly having a fit in terms of salary. Dallas is going to blow it up soon and San Antonio doesn't really need Jackson and would value some of our more niche players because of their talent.

Steve is out because of character, and we all know what BC thinks of Marion...so....we'll see.

I really think Jackson is the only realistic option available based on talent (in and out) and existing contracts across the league.
Blazer_2458
Bench Warmer

Post#24 » by Blazer_2458 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:31 am

mirrornick wrote:
youreachiteach wrote:

I would love to bring Marion back. Jackson would be a very bad fit for this team.
I think Galinari would be a perfect fit. Bargs might even play better just because of Galinaris presence.

How exactly is Jackson a bad fit? JO wasn't a problem was he? If we are going to shed our persona of a pansy team Jackson (in addition to Lowry) are a step in the right direction.
ballislife
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,005

Post#25 » by ballislife » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:47 am

I'd like to see us go after Luol Deng for Calderon and DeRozan.

DeRozan could fit in well beside Rose for the future and Calderon gives them a legit starting PG until Rose comes back. Plus Chicago sheds Deng's salary... Deng is a great fit for us, he defends and hits threes. Plus he's another international player to add to our team lol.
youreachiteach
Veteran
And1: 582

Post#26 » by youreachiteach » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:55 am

ballislife wrote:I'd like to see us go after Luol Deng for Calderon and DeRozan.

DeRozan could fit in well beside Rose for the future and Calderon gives them a legit starting PG until Rose comes back. Plus Chicago sheds Deng's salary... Deng is a great fit for us, he defends and hits threes. Plus he's another international player to add to our team lol.

I could see this at the trade deadline if Chicago has problems with Rose coming back and has a terrible season. But it's probably not available until the trade deadline.
Spragga
General Manager
And1: 1,679

Post#27 » by Spragga » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:59 am

Kleiza for Raja Bell

Gets us out of his contract a year earlier.
why was hakeem called "the dream"??"

Because it rhymes with 'Olajuwon'.

remember Canadians are just Mexicans with sweaters
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,767

Post#28 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:14 am

ballislife wrote:I'd like to see us go after Luol Deng for Calderon and DeRozan.

I was thinking along the same lines RE: Deng. I think he'd be a good fit here at SF. You could slide over Ross to SG.

But, imagine if we acquired Danilo Gallinari. Think of the potential for spacing with Gallo, a career TS% of 58, 37% 3pt shooter. Not a good defender though, which might be problematic for a Casey-led defence, especially if Andrea is also in it.

We should've went after Dorell Wright when he was on the trade block. Dude is the quinessential SF we need right now. Good defender, athletic, can hit the 3-ball at a career 37% clip.
J Dilla
Banned User
And1: 1,832

Post#29 » by J Dilla » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:18 am

Calderon for Rip Hamilton.

or

That assface Fields for Wilson Chandler

We need help at SF
kmatrixg
Veteran
And1: 118
Location: Geographically: Northern Hemisphere; Socially: On the margins; Narratively: A long way to go

Post#30 » by kmatrixg » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:20 am

mirrornick wrote:
kmatrixg wrote:Please, you people need to stop posting .gif renditions of men jacking off. For the love of god it's disturbing.

Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,260

Post#31 » by Raptorfan2012 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:24 am

I think Amir for Wilson Chandler makes a lot of sense. Both earn roughly the same (Wilson has one extra year), and both solve their respective log jams while satisfying needs.

Jose and Demar to Chicago for Deng may work but will require more pieces
kmatrixg
Veteran
And1: 118
Location: Geographically: Northern Hemisphere; Socially: On the margins; Narratively: A long way to go

Post#32 » by kmatrixg » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:26 am

Blazer_2458 wrote: How exactly is Jackson a bad fit? JO wasn't a problem was he? If we are going to shed our persona of a pansy team Jackson (in addition to Lowry) are a step in the right direction.

Stephen Jackson is not the definition of a team player. On a young team like ours, nothing but chaos.
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,767

Post#33 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:03 am

Richard Jefferson is another guy who is going to be coming off the bench for Golden State. I know he's not popular around here, especially from his days with the Nets, but he might be somebody that could be available, possibly for Kleiza + Amir, or something. He's been a great 3 pt shooter last of couple of seasons, over 40% in both '10 and '11.
ballislife
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,005

Post#34 » by ballislife » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:13 am

With Memphis's new ownership I'd like to know what their plans for Rudy Gay are. He'd be an ideal fit with our lineup... something like Ross/Calderon/Amir could work. All depends on where Memphis sees themselves with Rudy going forward.
Rapsalot
Head Coach
And1: 1,646

Post#35 » by Rapsalot » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:08 am

Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:

I was thinking along the same lines RE: Deng. I think he'd be a good fit here at SF. You could slide over Ross to SG.

But, imagine if we acquired Danilo Gallinari. Think of the potential for spacing with Gallo, a career TS% of 58, 37% 3pt shooter. Not a good defender though, which might be problematic for a Casey-led defence, especially if Andrea is also in it.

We should've went after Dorell Wright when he was on the trade block. Dude is the quinessential SF we need right now. Good defender, athletic, can hit the 3-ball at a career 37% clip.

That's what I think too instead of the whole Nash / fields crap we could have had KL and Dorell from the start after GSW took H Barns. I know his FG% is not great but that is because have his shots are 3s and he does make them better than most on our team!
Valanciunuts
Sixth Man
And1: 929

Post#36 » by Valanciunuts » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:36 am

Valanciunas
Bargnani
Gay
DeRozan
Lowry

that would be an exciting team! 3 starters from the 06' draft :thumbsup:
Scraptor
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,884

Post#37 » by Scraptor » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:30 am

kmatrixg wrote:Please, you people need to stop posting .gif renditions of men jacking off. For the love of god it's disturbing.

Agreed.

As for the targets mentioned here:

Stephen Jackson - did no one hear about he sh**show he pulled while in Milwaukee? Go to the Bucks board and read about him hosting club parties across the nation while they were on the road. IIRC he came to a game or practice drunk. Suspended, then benched by Skiles. The guy is a nightmare. And he turns 35 in April.

Hamilton - too old

Gallinari - I worry about Gallo and AB on the floor at the same time. Too duplicative IMO, unless we were to simultaneously trade AB for a more traditional big.

Deng - fills a lot of wholes in our lineup, solid

Gay - likewise

I'd rather put together a proper package to gain one of Deng or Gay than to try and scrape by with Jackson or Hamilton. If it comes to it we should just let Jose expire and see what we can do with the capspace in terms of absorbing a bad contract for draft picks.
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,567

Post#38 » by DreamTeam09 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:36 am

Scraptor wrote:

Agreed.

As for the targets mentioned here:

Stephen Jackson - did no one hear about he sh**show he pulled while in Milwaukee? Go to the Bucks board and read about him hosting club parties across the nation while they were on the road. IIRC he came to a game or practice drunk. Suspended, then benched by Skiles. The guy is a nightmare. And he turns 35 in April.

Hamilton - too old

Gallinari - I worry about Gallo and AB on the floor at the same time. Too duplicative IMO, unless we were to simultaneously trade AB for a more traditional big.

Deng - fills a lot of wholes in our lineup, solid

Gay - likewise

I'd rather put together a proper package to gain one of Deng or Gay than to try and scrape by with Jackson or Hamilton. If it comes to it we should just let Jose expire and see what we can do with the capspace in terms of absorbing a bad contract for draft picks.

I don't see how Gallo and Bargs are duplicative other than them both being italian. Gallo plays D on the ball, can block some shots too. Well I guess on offense they kinda play the same, but we need a 3 to shoot 3 and play D.

In Raptor Ball I Trust
grayplay
Freshman
And1: 6

Post#39 » by grayplay » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:18 pm

Any chance that with Lawson signing the extension that DEN would want to shed some salary, and make Gallinari available?

How about Calderon and Davis for Gallinari?
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Post#40 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:20 pm

how about this at the deadline.

To TOR: Wilson Chandler + 3rd Team Contract
To DEN: 1st Round Pick + Expiring (via 3rd team)
To 3rd Team: Linas Kleiza + Ed Davis + 2nd Round Pick (Sacramento via TOR)

just dont know who the 3rd team could be.

Kyle Lowry / Jose Calderon
Demar Derozan / Terrence Ross
Wilson Chandler / Landry Fields
Andrea Bargnani / Amir Johnson
Jonas Val / Aaron Gray

pretty deep and solid. Amir can play backup C minutes with Chandler playing the 4 so Fields and Ross would still get minutes.
Canadafan wrote:Bojan Burks Stewart for Siakam.
2 expiring vets that help now. A young big to add to the Scottie timeline
I'd prefer to keep Stew and give Monte Morris
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks

Return to Toronto Raptors