ImageImageImageImageImage

2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Spragga
General Manager
And1: 1,679

Re: 2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread 

Post#301 » by Spragga » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:43 pm

Klieza and Fields for Dudley and Beasley. Hopefully the Suns still love Fields.
why was hakeem called "the dream"??"

Because it rhymes with 'Olajuwon'.

remember Canadians are just Mexicans with sweaters
Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,253

Post#302 » by Raptorfan2012 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:19 pm

OAKLEY_2 wrote:A second year player like Derrick Williams isn't going to help us. JV at 20 is already a better player than Bargs. Whatever we trade him for I hope they can defend the perimeter. This teams suks at guarding the long ball.

Would love D Williams on this team. There have been successful 3/4s before (i.e. Marion, Jamison), so not too worried. D Will can hit the 3 and can attack the basket. He looks good with Demar. Maybe a Ross and Ed Davis for Derrick may work?
-InFeRnO-
Rookie
And1: 174

Post#303 » by -InFeRnO- » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:35 pm

i really could see a deal centered around Bargnani and Wilson Chandler (all depending on BC's willingness to "let go")

i've proposed Bargnani/Acy for Chandler/Mozgov/Q. Miller

gets rid of bargs, fixes the quincy mistake, brings us a decent starting SF, and gives us some much needed depth at C

only question is, would Denver bite?
grumpwalter
Analyst
And1: 1,410

Post#304 » by grumpwalter » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:13 pm

I have a trade, Trade Matt Devlin for Stephen A Smith.

Toronto gets someone who will rip them to shreds.
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,449

Post#305 » by Morris_Shatford » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:41 pm

HomieOmey wrote:No one in Minny thinks Williams can (or should at least) play SF, why should we? If he was solid enough there, there's no way Minny would trade a pick for Budinger just to bury him on the bench. I'd only consider that trade if we successfully traded Bargnani for good value (and knew we could get SOMETHING of value for Jose).

This is what concerns me;
I was a pretty big advocate of Williams but I don't want to play the square peg in round hole game anymore.

We need a three, not a guy converted who we hope might be a three.
Thanks to Turbozone for the Sig!
Snooch
Banned User
And1: 1,027

Post#306 » by Snooch » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:46 pm

Morris_Shatford wrote:
HomieOmey wrote:No one in Minny thinks Williams can (or should at least) play SF, why should we? If he was solid enough there, there's no way Minny would trade a pick for Budinger just to bury him on the bench. I'd only consider that trade if we successfully traded Bargnani for good value (and knew we could get SOMETHING of value for Jose).

I was a pretty big advocate of Williams but I don't want to play the square peg in round hole game anymore.

I would rather run Williams at the 4 personally.
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors

Post#307 » by Morris_Shatford » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:48 pm

I think at this point a lot of our 1A options are not realistic;
Memphis & Milwaukee are playing well, and Granger is hurt.

Given the situation I think our most realistic 2B options are likely guys like Wilson Chandler or Trevor Ariza who either are not playing or whose team has missed expectations by wide margins.

Neither of these guys (IMO) are going to cost the farm, and either is an upgrade over whatever we are rolling with now.
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors

Post#308 » by Morris_Shatford » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:51 pm

Snooch wrote:
Morris_Shatford wrote:

Maybe I'm crazy;
But if we do end up moving Bargnani to address the three, I think I would rather give Ed Davis some burn at the four before I traded for a player to fill that position even over a guy like Williams,
StopitLeo
RealGM
And1: 6,605

Post#309 » by StopitLeo » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:00 pm

Morris_Shatford wrote:
Maybe I'm crazy;
But if we do end up moving Bargnani to address the three, I think I would rather give Ed Davis some burn at the four before I traded for a player to fill that position even over a guy like Williams,

That is not crazy. I think Ed can be a good PF. He won't light it up scoring but he will rebound and block some shots and make easy buckets.

Forget this offense built around Andrea. Demar and Lowry are the primary options offensively now, as they should be. Play Val and Ed in the post and at the elbow. Both of them are good passers.

Our SF just need to play D and hit 3s. If Landry can come back to form after the surgery, he is our guy.
Snooch
Banned User

Post#310 » by Snooch » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:11 pm

Morris_Shatford wrote:[No one in Minny thinks Williams can (or should at least) play SF, why should we? If he was solid enough there, there's no way Minny would trade a pick for Budinger just to bury him on the bench. I'd only consider that trade if we successfully traded Bargnani for good value (and knew we could get SOMETHING of value for Jose).

Maybe I'm crazy;
But if we do end up moving Bargnani to address the three, I think I would rather give Ed Davis some burn at the four before I traded for a player to fill that position even over a guy like Williams,[/quote][/quote]

Im really hesitant about Davis at the 4, I think it would be fine to finish out the season maybe, but I just don't see the skill level there.

Also he plays the same way JV does, just not as strong or good IMO, so I would rather have varying talent in the frontcourt as opposed to 2 of the same. To easy for defenses to stop us.

And for all of williams flaws, with the new style of pf in the nba, I think his skillset if great. Can shoot a bit, can handler the ball, is quick and a decent defender.
Snooch
Banned User

Post#311 » by Snooch » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:13 pm

Tanger wrote:
Morris_Shatford wrote:
Maybe I'm crazy;

That is not crazy. I think Ed can be a good PF. He won't light it up scoring but he will rebound and block some shots and make easy buckets.

Forget this offense built around Andrea. Demar and Lowry are the primary options offensively now, as they should be. Play Val and Ed in the post and at the elbow. Both of them are good passers.

Our SF just need to play D and hit 3s. If Landry can come back to form after the surgery, he is our guy.

An offense built around Lowry and Demar is a recipe for disaster. You do understand that right?

If you said Lowry and JV i could agree.
Or even Lowry, Demar and a bigman.

But around Lowry and DD is terrible.
StopitLeo
RealGM
And1: 6,605

Post#312 » by StopitLeo » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:41 pm

Snooch wrote:
Tanger wrote:
Morris_Shatford wrote:
Maybe I'm crazy;

An offense built around Lowry and Demar is a recipe for disaster. You do understand that right?

If you said Lowry and JV i could agree.
Or even Lowry, Demar and a bigman.

But around Lowry and DD is terrible.

Primary options, obviously not alone. We don't have a big who can play a number 1 or 2 role on offense, although JV should definitely be the main big. He needs to learn the pick and roll. Lowry tried to hit him last night a few times but their timing and angles were off.
Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,253

Post#313 » by Raptorfan2012 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:35 pm

I am fine with giving up both Ross and Ed Davis for Derrick Williams. Think D Will and D Derozan can do some damage! Double D and Big Valley hahaha
Mister Ze
RealGM
And1: 23,201

Post#314 » by Mister Ze » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:42 pm

Blockbuster deal

Toronto trades: Bargnani, Kleiza, and Amir Johnson

Washington trades: Trevor Ariza and Omeka Okafor

Lowry
Demar
Ariza
Okafor (Listed as PF/C)
Val

Wall
Beal
Vesley
Amir
Bargnani

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bavq5ll
Snooch
Banned User

Post#315 » by Snooch » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:52 pm

Master Ze wrote:Blockbuster deal

Lowry
Demar
Ariza
Okafor (Listed as PF/C)
Val

Wall
Beal
Vesley
Amir
Bargnani

That is a terrible terrible terrible terrible terrible awful terrible terrible terrible terrible trade.

Just terrible.

We give up the best player in the trade, Get back the worst contract.

Left with a bigman rotation of Oakafor, Davis, JV and Gray. that is the worst frontcourt in the nba hands down.

Gain yet another highly overpaid, inefficient sf in the trade as well?
Mister Ze
RealGM

Post#316 » by Mister Ze » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:55 pm

Snooch wrote:

Lowry
Demar
Ariza
Okafor (Listed as PF/C)
Val

Wall
Beal
Vesley
Amir
Bargnani

That is a terrible terrible terrible terrible terrible awful terrible terrible terrible terrible trade.

Just terrible.

Left with a bigman rotation of Oakafor, Davis, JV and Gray. that is the worst frontcourt in the nba hands down.

The team gets a defensive SF and create 20M expiring in 2 years by shedding Bargnani and Amir's long term contract. In 2 years the team will be able to add on to the Demar Val and maybe Lowry core. Washington could throw in a future 1st.
Snooch
Banned User

Post#317 » by Snooch » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:59 pm

Master Ze wrote:
Snooch wrote:

Lowry
Demar
Ariza
Okafor (Listed as PF/C)
Val

Wall
Beal
Vesley
Amir
Bargnani

Just terrible.

The team gets a defensive SF and create 20M expiring in 2 years by shedding Bargnani and Amir's long term contract. In 2 years the team will be able to add on to the Demar Val and maybe Lowry core. Unless you would want another year of Bustnani.

I would much rather a 3rd year of bargnani as opposed to 2 years of Oakafor and Ariza.

If you honestly think that Bargnani doesnt have more value than I don't even know. :lol:

Charlotte would move Diop for him, Detroit would move Magette for him. that is two immediately expiring deals that I would take over that poopoo platter 23 times out of 1.
Mister Ze
RealGM

Post#318 » by Mister Ze » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:11 pm

Okafor has a career average of 13 and 10 with 2 blocks. I don't think this team can go far with Bargnani as the franchise player. Ariza's 4th in NBA in steals and 1st among forwards. He can hit the outside shot and play defense. The team currently doesn't have any SF who possesses those essential qualities.
ballerz_Unite
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#319 » by ballerz_Unite » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:17 pm

How about Calderon + Ross + Ed davis for Igoudala ?

Denver gets a young true shooting guard plus expiring servicable point guard in Jose to come off the bench.

Raptors improve their starting line with a legit 3.

Denvers not really gone off to a flying start like ppl imagined. mabe Masai Ujri bites with Ed (since he helped draft him)
Snooch
Banned User

Post#320 » by Snooch » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:21 pm

Master Ze wrote:Okafor has a career average of 13 and 10 with 2 blocks. I don't think this team can go far with Bargnani as the franchise player. Ariza's 4th in NBA in steals and 1st among forwards. He can hit the outside shot and play defense. The team currently doesn't have any SF who possesses those essential qualities.

that is where you are wrong, he cannot hit the outside shot at all, he is a very poor shooter. Oakafor is injured and a liability on defense.

The bloody Wizards(who believe it or not) who are a worse team than us right now, aren't playing these guys, Oak is only playing 20 mins a night, and ariza not much more(24) because they aren't any good. there is alot more to the game than someone being good at steals and rebounds. No more 1 dimensional players on this team, we have enough already.

If Bargs is going to be moved, go get Gallo, or Chandler, or Pau, or a straight up expiring(Magz or Diop)

Return to Toronto Raptors