ImageImageImageImageImage

2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,415

Re: 2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread 

Post#61 » by Rapsfan07 » Fri Nov 2, 2012 11:16 pm

JunkYardSubs wrote:
TheGoodDoctor wrote:Colangelo for a flaming bag of dog sh*t.

This thread is depressing because no one wants any of our overpaid roster.

Okay man, these posts aren't necessary

He's right though. Many people here can't understand how much that last move just handcuffed our roster. DeRozan wasn't even a guaranteed positive asset on a team where we don't even have 3 of those and he just killed whatever little value he had left AND clogged up our books for the next 4 years. And in a league where trade salaries have to match, if he is traded, we'd be taking back garbage most likely when all BC had to do was wait.

But no, he gets caught up with the frenzy of the day and ends up doing something stupid. Time to get this loser out of here.
JunkYardSubs
General Manager
And1: 149

Post#62 » by JunkYardSubs » Fri Nov 2, 2012 11:47 pm

Yeah but theres no need for that in this thread as well. It makes no sense.

ANYWAY

Bill Simmons just proposed Rudy Gay to Toronto for Jose and Ross :D
T-Ross the Boss
Banned User
And1: 39

Post#63 » by T-Ross the Boss » Sat Nov 3, 2012 12:09 am

Say we get Gay like that. Then we have 10 million tied to to SFs who probably won't even be in the rotation. :D

I hate Colangelo.
JunkYardSubs
General Manager

Post#64 » by JunkYardSubs » Sat Nov 3, 2012 12:33 am

Thanks for that info
TheGoodDoctor
General Manager
And1: 8,607

Post#65 » by TheGoodDoctor » Sat Nov 3, 2012 5:23 am

JunkYardSubs wrote:Yeah but theres no need for that in this thread as well. It makes no sense.

ANYWAY

Bill Simmons just proposed Rudy Gay to Toronto for Jose and Ross :D

If only Bill Simmons name was Robert Pera instead.

FYI you think it's unnessecary to complain about Colangelo but understand this....

In your hypothetical scenario of getting Rudy Gay our 2013-14 cap situation looks like this:

DeRozan $10M
Bargnani $11M
Gay $17.9M
Fields $5.2M
Kleiza $4.6M
Davis $3.1M
Valanciunas $3.5M
Gray $2.6M
Lucas $1.5

That's $59.4M on NINE roster spots in a year that projects to have a $60M salary cap. Notice any names missing? Oh yeah KYLE LOWRY....you know the guy who we traded our pick for and who's contract is up. In your scenario WITHOUT extending him we are ALREADY in the LUXURY TAX and $5million over the cap. Considering we will need to AT LEAST DOUBLE his contract remind me again why I shouldn't complain about Colangelo and ruining our trades....now you'll see why

The people who complain understand how badly DeRozan's contract has crippled our flexibility with little return.
Rejected
Veteran
And1: 2,741

Post#66 » by Rejected » Sat Nov 3, 2012 5:40 am

Just worked this version out in the trade machine

Toronto In:
Rudy Gay
Q. Pondexter
Julyan Stone

Toronto Out:
Calderon
Ross
Kleiza

Denver In:
Kleiza
Ellington

Denver out:
Chandler
Julyan Stone

Memphis In:
Calderon
Chandler
Ross

Memphis Out:
Gay
Pondexter
Ellington

Raps Line up
Lowery/Lucas/Stone
DD/Anderson/Pondexter
Gay/Fields/Mcguire
Bargs/Davis/Acy
Val/Amir/Gray
TheGoodDoctor
General Manager

Post#67 » by TheGoodDoctor » Sat Nov 3, 2012 5:50 am

So Denver trades Chandler for Kleiza...riiiiiiight.
A_wildstabatanything
Lead Assistant
And1: 51

Post#68 » by A_wildstabatanything » Sat Nov 3, 2012 5:58 am

Let's say the Lakers continue to struggle and decide to shake things up with Gasol. Would BC be looking to get involved in a multi-team deal? It might be a great chance to move Jose.
Rejected
Veteran
And1: 2,741

Post#69 » by Rejected » Sat Nov 3, 2012 6:02 am

TheGoodDoctor wrote:So Denver trades Chandler for Kleiza...riiiiiiight.

Ok so add Davis.

Denver has too many small forwards that need pt with Iggy, Gallinari and Chandler. Kleiza has less money and less years and Karl knows how to use him.

So they get Klieza, Davis and Ellington for Chandler.

Fair?
JunkYardSubs
General Manager

Post#70 » by JunkYardSubs » Sat Nov 3, 2012 7:03 am

If Memphis was trying to cut costs or was unhappy with Gay it's actually not a terrible deal since they would be paying much less for some younger talent that could still compliment their team. Chandler is useless on that Nuggets team and Davis would be a nice fit there. I would expect the Sacremento pick to go to Memphis too

Dont think the Nuggets would take Linas though

Plus the Grizzlies are probably fine with Gay BUT they are going to be deep in luxury tax if they don't make some changes soon
youreachiteach
Veteran
And1: 575

Post#71 » by youreachiteach » Sat Nov 3, 2012 7:07 am

A_wildstabatanything wrote:Let's say the Lakers continue to struggle and decide to shake things up with Gasol. Would BC be looking to get involved in a multi-team deal? It might be a great chance to move Jose.

This may be their only chance to move Jose...but who is the third team? Obviously someone with a SF...Maybe Dallas?
youreachiteach
Veteran
And1: 575

Post#72 » by youreachiteach » Sat Nov 3, 2012 7:11 am

Rejected wrote:Just worked this version out in the trade machine

Toronto In:
Rudy Gay
Q. Pondexter
Julyan Stone

Toronto Out:
Calderon
Ross
Kleiza

Denver In:
Kleiza
Ellington

Denver out:
Chandler
Julyan Stone

Memphis In:
Calderon
Chandler
Ross

Memphis Out:
Gay
Pondexter
Ellington

Raps Line up
Lowery/Lucas/Stone
DD/Anderson/Pondexter
Gay/Fields/Mcguire
Bargs/Davis/Acy
Val/Amir/Gray

I wish...I just don't see Memphis doing anything right now. Wouldn't a new owner want the team to succeed right out of the gate to cover immediate losses? I don't know why they'd want to blow it up--at least not with Gay. Zach Randolph? Sure. Gay...maybe not.
TheGoodDoctor
General Manager

Post#73 » by TheGoodDoctor » Sat Nov 3, 2012 8:08 am

Pau Gasol for Bargnani, Amir and Kleiza (or sub those 2 for Calderon).

Not the greatest reasons why but for:

LAL: Spread the floor for Dwight and Nash. Nash needs a 3pt shooter in the lineup and Dwight can't move around the paint as well with Pau there. Calderon is an expiring that helps lower the luxury tax and Andrea may actually fit LA's current needs more than Pau as unbelievable as that may sound.

TOR: get a veteran in the locker room, teach Jonas some skills, potentially make us more than 1st rd fodder and a nice BIG expiring in time for Lowry's re-up and still some space to acquire someone else of significance while providing Lowry a "commitment to winning" while he was here.

Lowry
Ross
DeRozan
Valanciunas
Gasol

I won't lie I didn't check the cap situation but if we followed up with Calderon + something (presuming he wasn't used in the initial trade) for Granger that would be a pretty solid line up (Lowry/DD/Granger/Val/Gasol) AND $20+ MILLION off the books (if we got Granger or didn't but amnestied Amir) for 2014 while retaining Lowry, Valanciunas and DeRozan.
Laowai
Analyst
And1: 26

Post#74 » by Laowai » Sat Nov 3, 2012 11:14 am

Denver has started the season poorly and Iggy is on a downwards spiral.
C & PF Koufos, Faried, McGee & Hamilton
Totals PPG 17 RPG 14 APG 2 BPG 3 SPG 2
Yes it one game but against Orlando if it continues another 4 or 5 games can see them move Chandler & Mosgov for Amir and Klieza.

PG Lowry,Jose,Lucas
SG DD,Ross,Anderson
SF Chandler, Fields, McGuire
PF Bargs, Davis, Acy
C Jonas, Gray, Mosgov
Canadian in China
_Choco_
Junior
And1: 184

Post#75 » by _Choco_ » Sat Nov 3, 2012 3:18 pm

Disaster Restoration Scenario #1:
Dec.15 - Fields, Kleiza, Ed to CHA for Ben Gordon

*Sorry Ed
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,877

Post#76 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sat Nov 3, 2012 4:02 pm

Bargs/Jose/Acy
for
SJAX/Splitter/Bonner

Clears 2 salaries off the books at the end of this season and you can make a case of walking away from SJAX or re-upping at fair value. Splitter and Bonner only have 1 year left each. We lose significant scoring but our front court just got a whole better. Bonner (a throw in) despite lack of atheticism gives better depth at the 4/5 and he brings 3 point shooting and experience off the bench. Splitter becomes part of a solid big man rotation going forward. Jose becomes injury insurance and an expiring for SA and Bargs a scoring threat and legit contender 6th man. Acy is ballast. This isn't the "missing piece" instant star solution but it accommodates Demar's salary and makes our front court tougher for this season. JLIII and his shooting/distributing needs a bigger role. I don't know about you but I would't tie my GM fate to Barg's wagon as number one option and I like Bargs believe it or not. Gray is a weak link except for when Dwight is in the house. Barg's and Demar's salaries cannot coexist going into next year hence the need for flexibility.

Amir (Ed 6th man) + Jonas + SJAX
Lowry/Demar

Splitter/Bonner/Fields
JLIII/Ross
grayplay
Freshman
And1: 6

Post#77 » by grayplay » Sat Nov 3, 2012 4:19 pm

DeRozan and Calderon for Eric Gordon. Book it!

Anyways, I'm hoping Calderon's expiring contract can bring in a good player from a team that ends up not doing well this season.
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,498

Post#78 » by dagger » Sat Nov 3, 2012 4:54 pm

OAKLEY_2 wrote: Barg's and Demar's salaries cannot coexist going into next year hence the need for flexibility.

I have no idea what this means. We can open up $8-12m in cap space by amnestying Kleiza and waiving Lucas net summer. The free agent class is weak. There are a something like 10 teams with max cap space. I really don't know what you would do with $20m in cap space. Makes no sense to me, and Stephen Jackson has been a particularly bad teammate when he's been in what he considers bad situations. There is no argument for keeping Jackson longer term, into his mid-30s.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,498

Post#79 » by dagger » Sat Nov 3, 2012 4:57 pm

One trade offer I can see coming our way is Wilson Chandler and filler (Mozgov most likely) for an expiring contract. Chandler is off to a poor start with DEN, and if this persists, Ujiri will be in full back-peddle mode to get rid of him. His contract is long, but not so bad, but it;s big enough to keep DEN in the tax for the 2013-14 season as things stand.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
TheGoodDoctor
General Manager

Post#80 » by TheGoodDoctor » Sat Nov 3, 2012 5:09 pm

dagger wrote:
OAKLEY_2 wrote: Barg's and Demar's salaries cannot coexist going into next year hence the need for flexibility.

I have no idea what this means. We can open up $8-12m in cap space by amnestying Kleiza and waiving Lucas net summer. The free agent class is weak. There are a something like 10 teams with max cap space. I really don't know what you would do with $20m in cap space. Makes no sense to me, and Stephen Jackson has been a particularly bad teammate when he's been in what he considers bad situations. There is no argument for keeping Jackson longer term, into his mid-30s.

We're going to need to waive Lucas and amnesty Kleiza just to re-sign Lowry.

DeMar's contract is awful no matter how much you try to defend it.

Return to Toronto Raptors