ImageImageImageImageImage

2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

TheFreshPrince
Banned User
And1: 320

Re: 2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread 

Post#1221 » by TheFreshPrince » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:51 am

Man, I'd love to get Eric Bledsoe on this team. If any of you didn't get to see his interview on Gametime from tonight check it out, he's such a quality person and just looks like such a good kid. Add that to the amazing talent he has and you have something special brewing. I guess the Clips might want to take a wait and see approach with Bledsoe to make sure CP3 re-signs, but Eric is a future star. No doubt in my mind, barring injuries.
Chaos Engine
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,244

Post#1222 » by Chaos Engine » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:11 am

TheFreshPrince wrote:Man, I'd love to get Eric Bledsoe on this team. If any of you didn't get to see his interview on Gametime from tonight check it out, he's such a quality person and just looks like such a good kid. Add that to the amazing talent he has and you have something special brewing. I guess the Clips might want to take a wait and see approach with Bledsoe to make sure CP3 re-signs, but Eric is a future star. No doubt in my mind, barring injuries.

I so agree. I wish we made a trade for Bledsoe instead of Lowry. I just can't get behind Lowry, he has a terrible attitude and chucks too much.

I'd rather given up our first for Eric than Lowry.
ash_k
RealGM
And1: 8,790

Post#1223 » by ash_k » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:02 pm

Ok Beasley is not fitting in Phoenix.
Just like Mayo, he needs his touches,he needs his minutes and he is a scorer.

If Phoenix wants to reconsider its investment and save some in the process:

To Suns
Kleiza

To Raps
B-Easy!

could be a better fit with the Amir, Ed and Demar alike
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
Major Giz
Sixth Man
And1: 1,308

Post#1224 » by Major Giz » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:39 pm

Ok, Lowry ... GTFO

You fall too much
chinny
Junior
And1: 0

Post#1225 » by chinny » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:03 pm

TO in:
Eric Gordon
Gerald Green
DJ Augustin
Wilson Chandler
G Vazquez
Indiana 1st

NO in:
Jose Calderon
Timofy Mozgov
Terrence Ross

IND in:
Kyle Lowry
Alan Anderson

DEN in:
Andrea Bargnani

Lineup:
Gordon/Vazquez/Augustin/Lucas
Derozan/Gordon/Green/Fields
Chandler/Derozan/Green/Fields
Davis/Chandler/Kleiza
Valanciunas/Amir/Davis

This makes the team extremely athletic and improves the perimeter shooting vastly. The main weakness would be in playmaking. I'd love to see a lineup of Gordon, Derozan, Green, Chandler, Val/Ed/Amir.
Raps Militia
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,458

Post#1226 » by Raps Militia » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:20 pm

Raptors Trade: Josè Calderon + Linas Kleiza + Terrence Ross

Hornets Trade: Eric Gordon + Greivis Vasquez

Lowry / Vasquez / Lucas
Gordon / Anderson
DeRozan / Pietrus / Fields
Bargnani / Davis
Valanciunas / Johnson / Gray
TheFreshPrince
Banned User

Post#1227 » by TheFreshPrince » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:03 pm

ash_k wrote:Ok Beasley is not fitting in Phoenix.
Just like Mayo, he needs his touches,he needs his minutes and he is a scorer.

If Phoenix wants to reconsider its investment and save some in the process:

To Suns
Kleiza

To Raps
B-Easy!

could be a better fit with the Amir, Ed and Demar alike

If that's all it takes to get Beasley I'd be all for it. With his toxic reputation he may not even be that expensive. But we all know Bryan won't go for anyone with any type of checkered past. Although, I'd assume Beasley is labelled as toxic because he's lazy, I just don't see anything to suggest that he'd be a locker room problem, just a goofball.
Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,224

Post#1228 » by Raptorfan2012 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:33 pm

Raps Militia wrote:Raptors Trade: Josè Calderon + Linas Kleiza + Terrence Ross

Hornets Trade: Eric Gordon + Greivis Vasquez

Lowry / Vasquez / Lucas
Gordon / Anderson
DeRozan / Pietrus / Fields
Bargnani / Davis
Valanciunas / Johnson / Gray

Sign me up, though not sure why NOH will take this.
Troubadour
RealGM
And1: 8,192

Post#1229 » by Troubadour » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:35 pm

I got back from the Raptors-Nets game last night and I got to thinking about how the Raptors should try and fix things. I decided there should be three goals for the Raptors going forward:

1. Make sure the Thunder get our pick THIS season;
2. Make sure we have the first overall pick NEXT season;
3. Make sure we have as much cap space as possible.

With those three goals in mind, here's what I thought would be best...

- Trade Lowry/Bargnani/Kleiza/Fields/Gray for Gasol/World Peace/Duhon
With Jose and Pau reunited, they would play their most inspired basketball of their careers. Well, better than the second worst team in basketball is playing, anyways. Sure, we lose Lowry, but that's the price you pay for getting rid of Bargnani. We also get rid of Fields and Kleiza, further ridding the team of bad Colangelo signings.

- Sit on Calderon's expiring deal
We're trying to be mediocre, not bad, this season. Right around the 13th spot in the draft would be nice. Trading Calderon for picks or something that might help down the road is bad for this plan.

- Run the following rotation:
Calderon/Duhon
DeRozan/Ross
World Peace/Anderson
Davis/Johnson
Gasol/Val

This way Val doesn't develop enough of his game to be a major force next season. I also think this would be an interesting team to watch. Not necessarily entertaining, good, or even average, but interesting. Well, Metta World Peace is always entertaining. Pau Gasol...not so much.

- Let this team run its course for the season
About seven games into World Peace's stint in Toronto, after he's gotten bored of "White Vegas" and the novelty of playing with a man sized Raptor running around, he'll realize he's on a treadmill team and check out and mail in the rest of the games. Calderon and Gasol would quickly become the closest of friends, leaving every other Raptor wondering when Calderon would pass them the ball. For Terrence Ross, this time would never come. Goal one complete.

- When it comes time to re-sign Calderon, give him an offensively low offer. Maybe a league-first below minimum wage. Maybe offer him a replica Jose Calderon jersey and a Val bobble head
This will hopefully enrage Gasol enough to make him want out of Toronto. He'll force a trade and Calderon will follow, much like the animals on Calderon's farm follow him to and fro. Metta World Peace will have probably offended enough people in Toronto by then to warrant a trade, which someone will accept because his deal will be expiring. At that point, the only players under contract after 2013-2014 would be Val, DeRozan, Ross, and Amir Johnson. Goal three accomplished.

- Assemble the worst roster in NBA history
Now, this is easier said than done. We have to start at the top. Colangelo will be replaced by Isiah Thomas on a one year contract to establish a losing culture. Unfortunately for the staff at MLSE, this also means a misogynistic culture and possibly dangerous environment for female employees. It is imperative that someone is hired to prevent this part of the Thomas culture from sticking. Some classic players throughout Raptors history will be re-signed to ensure true failure. The roster would look like this:
Mike James/Marcus Banks/Rafer Alston
Demar DeRozan/Juan Dixon/Jason Kapono
Terrence Ross/Eric Williams/Joey Graham
Ed Davis/Amir Johnson/Jerome Williams
Val/Rafael Araujo/Nate Archibald

There is no way that team wins more than 10 games. None whatsoever.

- Get the first overall pick.
This will happen because the NBA has a tendency to award the first overall pick to the team with the chance to draft a hometown player. LeBron - Cavs, Rose - Bulls, and Andrew Wiggins - Raptors will be next in line. With all the new cap space to work with and basically no one under contract, the team is able to properly rebuild with a nice core of DeRozan, Wiggins, Davis, and Val.

- ?????

- Profit (for MLSE)
Neutral 123
RealGM
And1: 2,799

Post#1230 » by Neutral 123 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:49 pm

Raps out: Bargs, Jose

Raps in: Howard

Lakers out: Howard

Lakers in: Bargs Jose

Why? Lakers get pg they desperately need and a Dirk clone for Nash when he comes back

Raptors get a huge expiring contract in Howard.
ballislife
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,005

Post#1231 » by ballislife » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:18 pm

Trade Lowry for Jennings.

Trade Bargnani for Jeff Green.

Jennings
DeRozan
Green
Davis
Valanciunas

Its a younger, and more balanced lineup.
Cashin out
Banned User
And1: 12

Post#1232 » by Cashin out » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:19 pm

We(Lakers) don't want Bargnani,please stop trying to put him on the Lakers.To make it worse he is now injured No thanks.
TheGoodDoctor
General Manager
And1: 8,607

Post#1233 » by TheGoodDoctor » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:25 pm

ballislife wrote:Trade Lowry for Jennings.

Jennings
DeRozan
Green
Davis
Valanciunas

Do not want Green.....or Chandler.

We don't need more awful, underacheiving role players at SF that are locked up to long term contracts....I don't mind Lowry for Jennings because I think Kyle is out of here in a heartbeat and I believe Jennings would stay because he loves the city and his BFF for life DeRozan. Not sure the Bucks do it, really depends what kind of vibe BJ is giving them behind close doors that he wil bolt in the off-season or not.
ballislife
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,005

Post#1234 » by ballislife » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:41 pm

TheGoodDoctor wrote:
ballislife wrote:Trade Lowry for Jennings.

Jennings
DeRozan
Green
Davis
Valanciunas

Do not want Green.....or Chandler.

We don't need more awful, underacheiving role players at SF that are locked up to long term contracts....I don't mind Lowry for Jennings because I think Kyle is out of here in a heartbeat and I believe Jennings would stay because he loves the city and his BFF for life DeRozan. Not sure the Bucks do it, really depends what kind of vibe BJ is giving them behind close doors that he wil bolt in the off-season or not.

Lol sorry that sounded hilarious
Mister Ze
RealGM
And1: 23,195

Post#1235 » by Mister Ze » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:38 pm

Bargnani for $10M worth of Biryani.
SFour
RealGM
And1: 58,339

Post#1236 » by SFour » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:34 pm

Cashin out wrote:We(Lakers) don't want Bargnani,please stop trying to put him on the Lakers.To make it worse he is now injured No thanks.

You guys don't even have anything that the Raptors want. I rather keep Jose and Bargs then trade with the Lakers.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,442

Post#1237 » by Fairview4Life » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:00 pm

Cashin out wrote:We(Lakers) don't want Bargnani,please stop trying to put him on the Lakers.To make it worse he is now injured No thanks.

Good news! We're just posters on a messageboard and can't actually "try and put him on the Lakers".
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
Just Win Baby
Senior
And1: 75

Post#1238 » by Just Win Baby » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:43 pm

TheFreshPrince wrote:Man, I'd love to get Eric Bledsoe on this team. If any of you didn't get to see his interview on Gametime from tonight check it out, he's such a quality person and just looks like such a good kid. Add that to the amazing talent he has and you have something special brewing. I guess the Clips might want to take a wait and see approach with Bledsoe to make sure CP3 re-signs, but Eric is a future star. No doubt in my mind, barring injuries.

Currently thinking of a trade to get him, I really wanted us to draft him. The Clippers are a hard team to trade with though.
TheFreshPrince
Banned User

Post#1239 » by TheFreshPrince » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:04 am

Chaos Engine wrote:

I so agree. I wish we made a trade for Bledsoe instead of Lowry. I just can't get behind Lowry, he has a terrible attitude and chucks too much.

I'd rather given up our first for Eric than Lowry.

Terrible1 wrote:

Currently thinking of a trade to get him, I really wanted us to draft him. The Clippers are a hard team to trade with though.

Yeah fellas, I'm assuming CP3 will re-sign just because it would be really stupid for him not to. I can't see any more big 3's being formed with the new CBA and the Clips have a really good team. So, once Chris does re-sign I could see LA looking for a wing player. The only guy I could see them wanting from us is DeMar. But DeMar for Bledsoe is heavily in our favour at this point, at least in my opinion. But I'd still be willing to look at a deal like that because in all likelihood if we're going for Bledsoe then Kyle is gone.
Cashin out
Banned User
And1: 12

Post#1240 » by Cashin out » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:54 am

SFour wrote:

You guys don't even have anything that the Raptors want. I rather keep Jose and Bargs then trade with the Lakers.
Too bad im sure the 30 other NBA teams would love to have Kobe/Dwight/Gasol/Nash. 8-)

Return to Toronto Raptors