ImageImageImageImageImage

2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

TheFreshPrince
Banned User
And1: 320

Re: 2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread 

Post#181 » by TheFreshPrince » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:49 am

Rapsfan07 wrote:
Sterling_Archer wrote:
JunkYardSubs wrote:Milsap should be our FA target next year or a trade piece this season.

Like I proposed a few pages back, there's no way Lowry/Derozan/Gallinari/Milsap/Val is totally out of the reach of this team with our pieces. That's a playoff team for sure

That may be the longest team in the league besides at point guard great mix or athleticism, defence actually everything is really balanced in that lineup.

I agree. That team is quite stellar and I'd definitely be down. The only question is how.

We have Lowry, Val and DeRozan...but how do we get Gallo and Millsap. I'd actually prefer Jefferson but I wouldn't mind Millsap either. Anyways, getting Gallo is sure to cost us at least Bargnani so that means we'll be looking at free agency for Millsap or Jefferson and I'm not sure if we have the cap room to make that happen.

Millsap would be a free agent signing. I'm guessing Gallo is supposed to be acquired using some combination of Jose, Andrea, Ed, Terrence and Amir.
Live Free
General Manager
And1: 2,836

Post#182 » by Live Free » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:53 am

selling low but with possible light at end of tunnel:

Raps out: Bargnani, Calderon
Raps in: Nene, Ariza, 1st round pick top 3 protected

Lowry/JL3
DD/Ross
Ariza/Fields
Nene/Davis
Jval/Amir

better defensive balance for us

Wizards:
Wall/Calderon
Beal/Crawford
Singleton/Vesely
Bargnani/Booker
Okafor/Barron

Wizards get out of Nene's and Ariza's contracts. Take on Bargs' potential and Jose's expiring.
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,429

Post#183 » by Rapsfan07 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:57 am

Live Free wrote:selling low but with possible light at end of tunnel:

Lowry/JL3
DD/Ross
Ariza/Fields
Nene/Davis
Jval/Amir

Wizards:
Wall/Calderon
Beal/Crawford
Singleton/Vesely
Bargnani/Booker
Okafor/Barron

Wizards get out of Nene's and Ariza's contracts. Take on Bargs' potential and Jose's expiring.

I think Nene is a little bit more valuable than this.
Live Free
General Manager
And1: 2,836

Post#184 » by Live Free » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:03 am

he's owed 52 million throughout the next 4 years, he's also 30 years old.. I'm sure the Wiz would gladly dump his contract to find a younger piece like Bargs to go with Wall/Beal.
JunkYardSubs
General Manager
And1: 149

Post#185 » by JunkYardSubs » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:11 am

TheFreshPrince wrote:Millsap would be a free agent signing. I'm guessing Gallo is supposed to be acquired using some combination of Jose, Andrea, Ed, Terrence and Amir.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b2naah4
or
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ammce8l
Rapsfan07
RealGM

Post#186 » by Rapsfan07 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:26 am

TheFreshPrince wrote:
Rapsfan07 wrote:
JunkYardSubs wrote:Milsap should be our FA target next year or a trade piece this season.

Like I proposed a few pages back, there's no way Lowry/Derozan/Gallinari/Milsap/Val is totally out of the reach of this team with our pieces. That's a playoff team for sure

I agree. That team is quite stellar and I'd definitely be down. The only question is how.

We have Lowry, Val and DeRozan...but how do we get Gallo and Millsap. I'd actually prefer Jefferson but I wouldn't mind Millsap either. Anyways, getting Gallo is sure to cost us at least Bargnani so that means we'll be looking at free agency for Millsap or Jefferson and I'm not sure if we have the cap room to make that happen.

Millsap would be a free agent signing. I'm guessing Gallo is supposed to be acquired using some combination of Jose, Andrea, Ed, Terrence and Amir.

Ah. I see. Though Millsap/Jefferson do play a position that's very deep, i'm not confident we'll get them to sign here. I would really like to make a deal for them...but I doubt we have the pieces. It's just that free agency never seems to work out well for us and there'll be other teams this year with capspace too..which we don't even have a lot of. As a matter of fact, I don't think we have any cap room at all next year unless someone is traded and/or amnestied.

It would be nice to get Gallo for something around Bargnani and then trade for either Jefferson or Millsap with Calderon + assets. Just not sure what it would take.
JunkYardSubs
General Manager
And1: 149

Post#187 » by JunkYardSubs » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:28 am

One of Millsap and Jefferson is gone from Utah at the end of this season. Don't think it would take a lot to get it done. Calderon + Davis + 2nd rounder
Rapsfan07
RealGM

Post#188 » by Rapsfan07 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:30 am

JunkYardSubs wrote:
TheFreshPrince wrote:Millsap would be a free agent signing. I'm guessing Gallo is supposed to be acquired using some combination of Jose, Andrea, Ed, Terrence and Amir.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b2naah4
or
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ammce8l

Funny. I'm working on a three team deal right now using those three teams and the closest I can come to "fair" is your second deal. Sadly, I think they could up asking for more for Millsap. And seeing as Jefferson is the same age as Millsap, I think I might be more inclined to go after him though I think he could cost more. I wouldn't mind him though.
Rapsfan07
RealGM

Post#189 » by Rapsfan07 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:31 am

JunkYardSubs wrote:One of Millsap and Jefferson is gone from Utah at the end of this season. Don't think it would take a lot to get it done. Calderon + Davis + 2nd rounder

oh for sure. Jazz isn't going to waste their time signing both. However, Ed makes little sense there as their loaded at the 4 already and have their future star in Favours. So I don't see it happening. My guess is this deal's gonna have to be expanded to be a little bigger.
Rapsfan07
RealGM

Post#190 » by Rapsfan07 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:23 am

Just an idea

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=afeyy7t

Toronto <------ Jefferson/Millsap, Marvin WIlliams, Gallinari
Toronto ------> Bargnani, Calderon, Davis, Ross, Kleiza

Utah <------ Calderon, Kleiza, Davis
Utah -------> Jefferson, Marvin Williams

Denver ------> Gallinari
Denver <------ Bargnani, Ross

I'll be the first to critique my own deal. I think we give up a little too much on the Gallo for Bargs deal as Gallo isn't THAT much different from Bargs except that he plays a position we need. If we make the playoffs or look likely to make the playoffs by the deadline, I'd much rather swap out Ross for the late first that we'd get (since the pick would come back to us as it is not in the lottery) or even use that first to offload the Fields deal. But for the purposes of this trade, I'd swap it.

In the Jefferson deal we give up a large expiring, good young talent and take on Marvin's deal for him. Like I said here and other places, I'd take any one of Millsap or Jefferson but I used Jefferson here. I'd say their value is about equal anyways. Yes, both are available in the FA market but I don't trust BC at signing big deals and I don't even think we have the caproom to do so after that DeRozan extension. So trading for either one prior to the deadline would be great since we could use Bird Rights to go over the cap and re-sign and you can't do that with FAs

Starting: Lowry, DeRozan, Gallo, Millsap/Jefferson, Val
Bench: Lucas, Ross (hopefully if the pick is retained, and traded), Williams, Johnson, Gray

Or the deal could be expanded in some kind of way were we send either Williams or Fields (preferably Fields, but most likely Williams) to the Kings for the Salmons' deal and maybe some incentive. Then Salmons' could be used in a 6th man/bench wing for us.
Snooch
Banned User
And1: 1,027

Post#191 » by Snooch » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:57 pm

I'll give one a go...

toronto out.

Jose, Bargs, Ross, 2nd rounder

In:
Granger, West, Blake

raps maintain offseason cap flexibility to either resign west, or go after another free agent at the pf sport.(millsap?)

Granger, although is out for while, adds more offense to the wings and some clutch play

Blake replaces Jose as the backup pg.

LAL In
Bargs, Jose

out
Pau, Blake

Been discussed previously as to why

Indy in:
Pau, Ross

Out:
West, Granger

Indy definately improves their frontcourt and will give them a big boost in playoffs. A frontcourt of both Gasol and Hibbert will be Alot for a team like the heat to try to handle. George will pick up the slack on the wings as he has proven he can. Just overall they add the type talent to help push them in the playoffs.
TPV
Senior
And1: 144

Post#192 » by TPV » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:22 pm

This trade would be done at the trade deadline, or ideally next summer when our draft position is determined under the following three conditions.

1) There's no way we're making the playoffs
2) Lowry is healthy
3) Bargnani is traded

To New Orleans

Kyle Lowry
Aaron Gray

To Toronto

Ryan Anderson
Austin Rivers

New Orleans gets a major upgrade from Grievis Vazquez at point guard. They have their franchise player and are able to fill out the rest of the starting lineup with quality players though it hurts to lose Anderson and Rivers.

Toronto receives a really good building block in Anderson and a young player in Rivers. They need to bottom out since a team with Lowry as their best player isn't going anywhere, and they'll likely have to pay him north of $12 million to convince him to stay after 2013.
elmer_yuck
Veteran
And1: 565

Post#193 » by elmer_yuck » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:40 pm

Live Free wrote:selling low but with possible light at end of tunnel:

Lowry/JL3
DD/Ross
Ariza/Fields
Nene/Davis
Jval/Amir

Wizards:
Wall/Calderon
Beal/Crawford
Singleton/Vesely
Bargnani/Booker
Okafor/Barron

Your'e joking about Bargnani's potential, right?
This is his 7th season.
Rapsfan07
RealGM

Post#194 » by Rapsfan07 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:25 pm

Toronto in: Jefferson/Millsap, Gallo, Salmons, Williams
Toronto out: Bargnani, Ross, Calderon, Davis, Fields, McGuire

Denver in: Bargnani, Ross
Denver out: Gallo

Sacramento in: Fields
Sacramento out: Salmons

Utah in: Calderon, Davis, McGuire
Utah out: Millsap/Jefferson

Deal gets done at the deadline by which Fields should be able to be dealt and should only be done IF we're really looking to build a real team and look like we'll make the playoffs. If it does, swap Ross out for the late first round pick that we'll retain from OKC.

We'd get out of the Fields deal but take on a more expensive Salmons who can play the 2/3 off the bench in a 6th man type role. We'd also take on Williams' deal which is decent added depth to the team..he can defend and shoot the 3. Gallo and Millsap/Jefferson make the starting lineup immediately.

Depth Chart
Lowry/Lucas
DeRozan/Salmons/Anderson
Gallo/Williams/Kleiza/McGuire
Millsap or Jefferson/Johnson
Val/Gray

I would included Kleiza to Utah in the deal if they ask or if it was necessary but I would rather keep him since
a) he can be amnestied for instant spaee
b) him and Williams expire at the same time yielding somewhere around $12million
Mister Ze
RealGM
And1: 23,201

Post#195 » by Mister Ze » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:11 pm

Andrea Bargnani and Linas Kleiza for Tayshaun Prince + Jason Maxiell

Raptors are able to save money as Maxiell expires after the season and Prince is on a 3 year deal less-costly than Bargnani. They also get a veteran starting SF in Prince which they don't have.

Lowry/Jose/Lucas
Demar/Ross
Prince/Mcguire/Fields
Amir/Maxiell/Davis
Val/Amir

Detroit gets a scorer in Bargnani which they desperately need as they're 0-8.
Snooch
Banned User
And1: 1,027

Post#196 » by Snooch » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:19 pm

another couple for fun

Toronto trade Bargs

Chicago trades Boozer and Chicago's 2013 1st(to Toronto)

here are the options from there:

Detroit out

Drummond, Charlie V, Austin daye and Kyle Middleton

In
Boozer and Davis

Detroits adds a legit pf in Boozer, also is a guy who can help them score which they sorely need.
Davis adds a prospect pf in return. Also Shed Charlie V.

Raps reduce Salary impact next season and Beyond, Daye, Charlie V are Buyout contenders imo but the prize is Drummond.

Option 2:

toronto trades Bargs to Chicago giving them some needed shooting.

Chicago trade boozer to San Antonio and their 2013 first to toronto
Spurs add a legit PF to pair besid the timeless Duncan making a very formidable frontcourt.

SAS trades
SJax and Tiago Splitter and 2013 Pick

All in all toronto sends out bargs and gets back Splitter, SJax (buyout) and both of Chicago's and San Antonios 2013 picks which should be able to be bundled to get us into the mid teens.

Lowry/Jose/Lucas
Demar/Ross/Anderson
Kleiza/Fields/McGuire
Splitter/Davis
JV/Amir/Gray
Mister Ze
RealGM
And1: 23,201

Post#197 » by Mister Ze » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:20 pm

TPV wrote:This trade would be done at the trade deadline, or ideally next summer when our draft position is determined under the following three conditions.

1) There's no way we're making the playoffs
2) Lowry is healthy
3) Bargnani is traded

To New Orleans

Kyle Lowry
Aaron Gray

To Toronto

Ryan Anderson
Austin Rivers

New Orleans gets a major upgrade from Grievis Vazquez at point guard. They have their franchise player and are able to fill out the rest of the starting lineup with quality players though it hurts to lose Anderson and Rivers.

Toronto receives a really good building block in Anderson and a young player in Rivers. They need to bottom out since a team with Lowry as their best player isn't going anywhere, and they'll likely have to pay him north of $12 million to convince him to stay after 2013.

Why do the Raptors go after Rivers whose only been a bust so far shooting 22%? Anderson is a good player but the team already has Val, Bargnani, Amir, and Davis under contract.
Ducksplatt
Sixth Man
And1: 622

Post#198 » by Ducksplatt » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:41 pm

Here is a variation on the Barg/Pau suggestions:

Bargs and Landry for Gasol

I have included Landry because if the Mike D being the new coach. Landry was very successful in that system and he would add depth to their bench (as he can play the 2 and 3).

The reasoning if Bargs and Pau has been stated many times so I will not go into it.

One more thing. With Pau on the team, you can now package Amir/Ed with the expiring Jose for something (possibly - but I am sure BC screws it up).
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe
- Albert Einstein
KDtdot35
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#199 » by KDtdot35 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:48 pm

calderon kleiza bargs for gay and bayless
bballsparkin
RealGM
And1: 7,497

Post#200 » by bballsparkin » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:56 pm

Ducksplatt wrote:Here is a variation on the Barg/Pau suggestions:

Bargs and Landry for Gasol

I have included Landry because if the Mike D being the new coach. Landry was very successful in that system and he would add depth to their bench (as he can play the 2 and 3).

The reasoning if Bargs and Pau has been stated many times so I will not go into it.

One more thing. With Pau on the team, you can now package Amir/Ed with the expiring Jose for something (possibly - but I am sure BC screws it up).

If this trade went down, we need to have a realgm Raptors block party. :rockon:

Return to Toronto Raptors