ImageImageImageImageImage

2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Snooch
Banned User
And1: 1,027

Re: 2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread 

Post#321 » by Snooch » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:22 pm

ballerz_Unite wrote:How about Calderon + Ross + Ed davis for Igoudala ?

Denver gets a young true shooting guard plus expiring servicable point guard in Jose to come off the bench.

Raptors improve their starting line with a legit 3.

Denvers not really gone off to a flying start like ppl imagined. mabe Masai Ujri bites with Ed (since he helped draft him)

Not a chance on Denvers part. Iggy is better than all of them combined, and they have Lawson and Andre miller at the point.

I would assume that Chandler or Gallinari might be made available for the right price though.
ballerz_Unite
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#322 » by ballerz_Unite » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:33 pm

who do they value more Igoudala or Gallinari? I believe Iggis owed more than Gallo.
I'm just really biased with Iggi I guess.

Cuz maan would that look sweet
Kyle Lowry
Demar Derozan
Igoudala
Andrea Bargnani
Valancuinas

thats legitttttttttttttttttttt
Aghhhh... i don't care who we have to give up or take on more salary but get iggy with this line up !!!

Snooch wrote:

Denver gets a young true shooting guard plus expiring servicable point guard in Jose to come off the bench.

Denvers not really gone off to a flying start like ppl imagined. mabe Masai Ujri bites with Ed (since he helped draft him)

Not a chance on Denvers part. Iggy is better than all of them combined, and they have Lawson and Andre miller at the point.

I would assume that Chandler or Gallinari might be made available for the right price though.
Snooch
Banned User

Post#323 » by Snooch » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:50 pm

ballerz_Unite wrote:who do they value more Igoudala or Gallinari? I believe Iggis owed more than Gallo.

Kyle Lowry
Demar Derozan
Igoudala
Andrea Bargnani
Valancuinas

Aghhhh... i don't care who we have to give up or take on more salary but get iggy with this line up !!!

Snooch wrote:

Gallo is probably the better fit here, iggy is value more there.
witnessraps
RealGM
And1: 4,650

Post#324 » by witnessraps » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:58 pm

Raptors get: Doug Collins, Thad Young

Sixers get: Dwyane Casey, Andrea Bargnani
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,048

Post#325 » by Indeed » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:04 pm

ballerz_Unite wrote:who do they value more Igoudala or Gallinari? I believe Iggis owed more than Gallo.

Kyle Lowry
Demar Derozan
Igoudala
Andrea Bargnani
Valancuinas

Snooch wrote:

They value both, and they compliment each other.
Gallinari cannot play defense, a much worst defender than Bargnani. Thus, they have Iggy as a lock down to hide Gallinari.
grumpwalter
Analyst
And1: 1,410

Post#326 » by grumpwalter » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:20 pm

Snooch wrote:I would much rather a 3rd year of bargnani as opposed to 2 years of Oakafor and Ariza.

then have WAS send us their 2013 first rounder with those two, problem solved.
Snooch
Banned User

Post#327 » by Snooch » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:23 pm

grumpwalter wrote:
Snooch wrote:I would much rather a 3rd year of bargnani as opposed to 2 years of Oakafor and Ariza.

then have WAS send us their 2013 first rounder with those two, problem solved.

thats gonna be a great pick, I would do that for sure.
Loopy
Sophomore
And1: 86

Post#328 » by Loopy » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:32 pm

Bargs for Amare!
Snooch
Banned User

Post#329 » by Snooch » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:17 am

Loopy wrote:Bargs for Amare!

genius.

:roll:
WigginsNation
Analyst
And1: 1,389

Post#330 » by WigginsNation » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:01 am

As much as the raps may want to make a trade, I doubt theres gonna be any substantial trade right now. We all need to sit tight until the trade deadline.
Edumacated
Senior
And1: 404

Post#331 » by Edumacated » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:53 am

Can the Raps get a pick in the 10-15 range for Bargs?
toast
Pro Prospect
And1: 262

Post#332 » by toast » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:24 am

I only read 5 pages back so I don't know how often this has been mentioned, but I think a simple effective trade for both teams would be:
Bargnani and Calderon for Gasol.

I think LA could really use Calderon off the bench and Bargnani would do really well for the Lakers.

I think Gasol is still a 1a man and would be that for Toronto. Though Gasol is 32 he would really help the raps push for a playoff spot since we would most likely just end up giving up a 5-8 pick to Okla. He also would really help show our young kids (especially Val) how to play on both ends. It would force Casey to not play the 2 guard line up. Also we would have some major cash in 2 years at which time Val will hopefully be a force in the league Lowry will still only be 28 and Derozan will be a decent to very good SG.
Mehar
Analyst
And1: 2,150

Post#333 » by Mehar » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:37 am

I would package fields for a Spalding basketball when he is healed up. I am volunteering to drive him to the Airport, and help him gather his belongings as well. Just to get the contract off the books would be a historic move.
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Post#334 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:36 am

heres my question. What SF can we get in a package of.

Calderon, Kleiza, Davis + (possibility of earliest future 1st we can trade depending on the SF we get back)

i think that should be the goal is to find some sort of starting caliber SF that we can get for that. My hope is someone starts selling close to the deadline and that package becomes interesting to them.

I know this option has been beaten to death but i do really think Wilson Chandler makes a TON of sense for us. Denver as a trading partner, not so much but in some sort of 3 way deal i could see it. Chandler has been hurt and generally isnt needed much in Denver, i think with a starting role he would be an upgrade to Kleiza and Fields. He can also play the 4 if need be moving Amir to backup 5 and allowing Fields/Ross to get more minutes.

Lowry / PG / Lucas
Derozan / Ross / Anderson
Chandler / Fields / Mcguire
Bargnani / Amir / Acy
Val / C / Gray

would be solid for both now and the future. Id love a guy like Loul Deng but i think it would HAVE to include Ross which at this point i like the kid as our future 6th man. Some names ill throw out who will be available

- Trevor Ariza
- Steven Jackson
- Wilson Chandler
- Corey Maggette

i just think Chandler is attainable and very realistic. I know he hasnt preformed like a star or ever lived up to what he was in New York but he hasnt really ever had the minutes to produce like he did in New York. When he came to Denver he came off the bench behind Gallo and Affalo and now hes behind Iggy and Gallo. I think he will be moved at the deadline.

Question is what does Denver need/want.
Canadafan wrote:Bojan Burks Stewart for Siakam.
2 expiring vets that help now. A young big to add to the Scottie timeline
I'd prefer to keep Stew and give Monte Morris
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
ballislife
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,005

Post#335 » by ballislife » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:07 am

I would like us to get someone like Nene for Bargs. He's a physical presence, unlike Bargs. Get Nene, then try to deal for Chandler and put out a lineup like this:

Lowry
DeRozan
Chandler
Nene
Valanciunas

Thats wayyy better than what we have right now.
JustWin
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,927

Post#336 » by JustWin » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:11 am

Raptors Trade:

Dwayne Casey

Raptors Receive:

Sam Mitchell

Championship time.
WigginsNation
Analyst
And1: 1,389

Post#337 » by WigginsNation » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:11 am

ballislife wrote:I would like us to get someone like Nene for Bargs. He's a physical presence, unlike Bargs. Get Nene, then try to deal for Chandler and put out a lineup like this:

Lowry
DeRozan
Chandler
Nene
Valanciunas

I like that idea, but why would Washington want Bargs? Especially for Nene? Cant really see that happening.
ballislife
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,005

Post#338 » by ballislife » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:30 am

BCfortheWin wrote:
ballislife wrote:I would like us to get someone like Nene for Bargs. He's a physical presence, unlike Bargs. Get Nene, then try to deal for Chandler and put out a lineup like this:

Lowry
DeRozan
Chandler
Nene
Valanciunas

I like that idea, but why would Washington want Bargs? Especially for Nene? Cant really see that happening.

Washington needs more offensive talent... With Wall not being a great 3 point shooter, they could opt for a guy like Bargs (whos younger, and a better offensive player and floor spacer for a dynamic PG like Wall). They have Okafor in the middle for defense and grit... I think it could work well for both sides.
xaueious
Freshman
And1: 10

Post#339 » by xaueious » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:04 am

I think Bargs to Denver would be a good fit. The problem is the pieces we get back. They can also use one of either Amir or Ed because they lack a traditional tough PF.

Maybe a three way involving Mozgov to the Nets?
orangutooth
Sixth Man
And1: 101

Post#340 » by orangutooth » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:25 pm

my thread got locked so... lowry to okc for pick back + okc pick or jones or lamb ?

can't really see the team getting any better. i think we should trade everyone and tank again since we failed at it last time.
Sam wasn't the solution, but he wasn't the problem either
- Harry Palmer

Return to Toronto Raptors