ImageImageImageImageImage

2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Slo
Head Coach
And1: 8,532

Re: 2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread 

Post#1301 » by Slo » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:11 am

Every day i wake up and the first thing i do is rush to Realgm hoping to see that Bargnani has been traded... Every day im dissapointed :(

Life of a raptors fan :lol:
hillbilly hare
Veteran
And1: 219

Post#1302 » by hillbilly hare » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:35 pm

BD12 wrote:
Donald Cort wrote:
BD12 wrote:I remember saying I would do a Ross + Bargs for David Lee trade a month ago and dagger called me insane. And now Lee is playing outta his mind

Haha someones gotta get ripped off... weren't philly fans bitching about Young's contract?

No idea. But honestly it would be a lateral move for both teams although I do like Young a bit more. Young and Bargs IMO are in the same tier if we were to rank players.

Young is a very good player. His contract is a bit high but compared to others I think it's good value. His value around the league might be underrated because he's a bit of a SF/PF tweener. But he's a good example of today's NBA blurring the lines between traditional positions. He just goes out and plays and gets the job done. Very good PER, solid rebounding for a SF, less so for a PF, okay D. He's better than Andrea and much cheaper. I think Philly's locked into their current roster in the hopes that Bynum gets healthy.
hillbilly hare
Veteran
And1: 219

Post#1303 » by hillbilly hare » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:40 pm

I don't know what kind of value Andrea might have today.

I still think something involving Wilson Chandler is a lesser of two evils trade. He's no Rudy Gay, of course, but he is definitely a SF, unlike Fields, and he's an upgrade on Fields across the board. He's considered a good defender, but it's been so long that I don't remember his D. His contract is no albatross. He's 25. It's a bit of a logjam, but so be it. Fields can come off the bench, which is what he's best suited for, even though he's a high priced sub.

Chandler doesn't even dress for Denver and is 6th on the depth chart. I think they'd love to trade him. I'd consider his trade value, including his contract, very low.

Something like: Andrea for Chandler, Mozgov and a first (if Denver is confident of turning it around, the first might be in the 20-30 range).
Alfred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,853

Post#1304 » by Alfred » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:44 pm

youngthegiant wrote:http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cpgqput

lol
BD12
Lead Assistant
And1: 132

Post#1305 » by BD12 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:27 pm

dagger wrote:
Donald Cort wrote:I remember saying I would do a Ross + Bargs for David Lee trade a month ago and dagger called me insane. And now Lee is playing outta his mind

After two years of stealing money, Lee is playing well. That's not my view, that's the view of one of the (skeptical) GSW beat writers.

But why would we want Lee anyway?

If you like Ed Davis, who is making $3 million this year, why would you trade Bargnani for a guy who makes four times as much as Ed, or equal to Bargnani and Ross combined, who will push Ed to the bench for good. And did you know Lee is 29 and has three more years after this on his deal, or one more than Bargnani, and that final year is $15 million when he will be32?

Why on God's green earth would you contemplate such a trade?

LOL. Did you check his numbers the last two seasons. He was incredibly efficient. Hell, he was already putting up 20/10 with NYK. The only thing that's changed is that the team is winning now. He's a very underrated player and now he's getting more recognition because they're winning and he deserves to be an all-star this season. Even last season he should've been an all-star but there are too many all-star PFs in the West.

Why would we want Lee? Because he would easily be an all-star PF in the East and put up monster numbers but they're not trading him so whatever. And you're acting as if he's 35. He has a lot of good years ahead of him and if you watch HIS GAME he doesn't rely solely on athleticism like Blake Griffin to put up his numbers. Watch him put up similar stats for the next 5-6 seasons.

FYI - he was an all-star in 2010
NBAloverfromIT
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#1306 » by NBAloverfromIT » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:08 pm

Slo wrote:Every day i wake up and the first thing i do is rush to Realgm hoping to see that Bargnani has been traded... Every day im dissapointed :(

Every day i wake up... thinking I have to go to work even if i don't want...
...a man's life with family
**** the raptors.. :lol:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b4gn3kg

BC do it! free Andrea , is the best solution for all
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,876

Post#1307 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:33 pm

Besides BC's job, what is it going to cost to get our pick or some of its protection back from OKC? That would be my priority number one. Bargs can always be amnestied. Jose can always expire. As mentioned if the 2014 draft is SF intensive then we need to be planning to pick high next year and ideally we get an asset this year. 1.5 years of sucking is worth it.
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,692

Post#1308 » by Zeno » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:57 pm

OAKLEY_2 wrote:Besides BC's job, what is it going to cost to get our pick or some of its protection back from OKC? That would be my priority number one. Bargs can always be amnestied. Jose can always expire. As mentioned if the 2014 draft is SF intensive then we need to be planning to pick high next year and ideally we get an asset this year. 1.5 years of sucking is worth it.

I think that if you can use Jose's expiring,Lowry and the ability to take on more money to leverage Bargs and Fields into players on two year deals+plus a couple picks, you do it. Hopefully the players coming back are of a certain quality that contributes to winning. I still think they come out giving up the 7th-8th pick this year to OKC at worst regardless since the East is a mess, the schedule turns favourable and Casey doesn't like to lose. The difference between the picks coming back and the picks received will then be the only remaining scar remaining from this unfortunate season.

Unless the protection can be relaxed cheaply, I don't think it's wise to waste assets obsessing about it.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
MP14Raps
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#1309 » by MP14Raps » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:54 pm

So last night I could not fall asleep and was just thinking about trade scenarios. What do you guys think about this (let me know if someone already suggested it) I know that it is a stretch but hey it works salary wise.

Toronto trades with Miami

Toronto gets Chris Bosh
Miami gets Bargnani and Amir Johnson

We get CB4 back, even though I am sure that a lot of people would not want him, without Amir we can give JV more minutes maybe do another small trade for a backup C

And for Miami this is the same argument that is always used with Bargs, maybe he can spread the floor for LeBron and Wade, and I am sure that Amir can help them out a lot, giving them a bit more youth and a player that can maybe develop a little more in the future. For Miami this would be more quantity over quality type of thing
Thanks Turbozone
Alfred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,853

Post#1310 » by Alfred » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:09 pm

NBAloverfromIT wrote:
Slo wrote:Every day i wake up and the first thing i do is rush to Realgm hoping to see that Bargnani has been traded... Every day im dissapointed :(

**** the raptors..

And yet you keep making accounts over and over again after being banned on the same message board. Sad.
bboyskinnylegs
RealGM
And1: 25,496

Post#1311 » by bboyskinnylegs » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:09 pm

^^ Miami apparently has interest in Pau, and won't make any of LeBron/Wade/Bosh/Allen available in a trade for him, so there's no way they would consider dealing Bosh for Bargs/Amir.

He's putting up 18/8 with a 62 TS% and 22 PER this season, and his importance on that team will only become more and more important as Wade gets older and declines.
serengeti
Freshman
And1: 14

Post#1313 » by serengeti » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:47 pm

Guys, I´m desesperate to get rid of Bargnani. And I think nobody is interested in him. A 7 feet who can defend and reboud, who don´t tread the paint...

So, I propose Bargnani for Villanueva. Similar player, yeah, but Bargnani is 30 millions/3 years and CV 16.5 millions/2 years.

he was already in Toronto, perhaps returning to the city where he debuted in NBA he can regain the enthusiasm and motivate.

Sincerely,I think we can`t get any better for the italian.
NBAloverfromIT
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#1314 » by NBAloverfromIT » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:33 pm

Alfred wrote:
NBAloverfromIT wrote:

**** the raptors..

And yet you keep making accounts over and over again after being banned on the same message board. Sad.
This is my first account, I apologize if I was rude or I offended anyone
Snooch
Banned User
And1: 1,027

Post#1315 » by Snooch » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:03 pm

just playing around a little bit....

houston out
lin,

in
bargnani, bell and burks

adds a scoringpf, a defensive wing and a young pg.

philly out
turner, moutrie

in
millsap

adds a good pf

utah out
millsap, bell burks

in
lowry, kleiza, anderson

adds a good pg, and depth at wings

toronto out
lowry, bargnani, klieza, anderson

in
lin, turner, moutrie

raps adds a young pg who would play better here, and a young real sf.

lin/jose/lucas/
demar/ross/fields
evans/pitrus
amir/davis
val/gray/moutrie
Dan2087
2016 "Beat The Commish" Champion
And1: 5,120

Post#1316 » by Dan2087 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:14 pm

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=d9sqwbc

We get a defensive minded SF who has improved his scoring ability this year and can rebound. We also get an under achieving PG in Collison who wont command as much money as Lowry at the end of the year and might be a better fit

Milwaukee is growing tired of Ellis and Jennings so they get Lowry and the Matrix to replace LRMAM and Jennings. I don't think they want to give Jennings what he will ask for and risk losing him for nothing

Dallas gets a PG which they need badly in Jennings as well as a C whom Milwaukee really doesn't need and he doesn't really want to be there anyways

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=d5z65qq

I then move Jose, Bargs and Kleiza to the Lakers for Derrick Williams, Ebanks, Barea and Roy. Lakers get our guys, Minny gets Pau. Minny is really only losing D Will in this - they don't need Barea with Rubio, Roy is probably done. Lakers get depth which they've been lacking badly and a solid backup PG who can temporarily fill in for Nash. Minny pretty much gets Pau for D Will

Our Lineup:

Collison, Barea, Lucas
DeRo, Ross, Fields
LRMAM, AA, Ebanks
Eddy D, D Will
Val, Amir

We are much better defensively and I think we play team basketball
serengeti
Freshman
And1: 14

Post#1317 » by serengeti » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:03 pm

Dan2087 wrote:http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=d9sqwbc

This is terrible for us.

We give up Lowry for Collison and Mbah a Moute?

We can get some better for him.
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,498

Post#1318 » by dagger » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:40 pm

Watching Jose destroy Lin today made me wonder if we couldn't trade Jose to Houston for three expirings - Cook, Aldrich and Douglas - plus a pick or two. The pick could be lightly protected, you know, top 3 in 2013, top 2 in 2014.... I'd get a kick out of the revenge factor if nothing else. Also, if Houston makes the playoffs, it won't be much outside the lottery. A 2014 mid-teen pick could be combined with our own.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,692

Post#1319 » by Zeno » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:45 pm

dagger wrote:Watching Jose destroy Lin today made me wonder if we couldn't trade Jose to Houston for three expirings - Cook, Aldrich and Douglas - plus a pick or two. The pick could be lightly protected, you know, top 3 in 2013, top 2 in 2014.... I'd get a kick out of the revenge factor if nothing else. Also, if Houston makes the playoffs, it won't be much outside the lottery. A 2014 mid-teen pick could be combined with our own.

You might be able to get the pick if you didn't want the expirings or maybe a mixture. Both expirings and picks I strongly doubt.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
TheGoodDoctor
General Manager
And1: 8,607

Post#1320 » by TheGoodDoctor » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:54 pm

Until Houston adds another star with Harden I don't see them parting with picks.

Those picks will probably be leveraged in combination with some other young players on their roster for upgrades, not patchwork....trading away picks for temorary satisfaction is more of a Colangelo move than Morey.

Return to Toronto Raptors