yardbarker

2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread

Moderators: tsherkin, Yuri Vaultin, Undefeated, DG88, Rhettmatic, Alfred, FluLikeSymptoms, itbobby007, Morris_Shatford

Post#1246 Re: 2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread
Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:53 pm by TheFreshPrince

TheGoodDoctor wrote:
Terrible1 wrote:
TheFreshPrince wrote:Yeah fellas, I'm assuming CP3 will re-sign just because it would be really stupid for him not to. I can't see any more big 3's being formed with the new CBA and the Clips have a really good team. So, once Chris does re-sign I could see LA looking for a wing player. The only guy I could see them wanting from us is DeMar. But DeMar for Bledsoe is heavily in our favour at this point, at least in my opinion. But I'd still be willing to look at a deal like that because in all likelihood if we're going for Bledsoe then Kyle is gone.

I am under the impression that we will trade Jose, which would leave a spot for Bledsoe if we can somehow trade for him. Not to mention that Lowry may not re-sign with us down the road. But as you were saying, Clippers may want to keep Bledsoe in case CP3 does not resign.


Lowry for Bledsoe + Billups?!

Would never happen but just throwing out what the Clips may be open to looking because I'm sure Lowry would go kicking n screaming and Colangelo would only further destroy his rep trading our first for Bledsoe despite the excitement for his development. It's really sad we have nothing of value they would want...maybe Ross for Bledsoe although I doubt that's enough either.


I'm almost certain it would have to include DeMar since LAC is relatively weak at the wings.
TheFreshPrince
Banned User
Posts: 1,288
And1: 314
Joined: Nov 4, 2012
Location: Bel-Air
Top

Post#1247 Re: 2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread
Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:12 am by wazabifuzz

How about... Bargs for Kevin Love straight up ?
wazabifuzz
Pro Prospect
Posts: 944
And1: 18
Joined: Jan 31, 2006
Top

Post#1248 Re: 2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread
Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:34 am by elmer_yuck

wazabifuzz wrote:How about... Bargs for Kevin Love straight up ?


If this is not a joke, then this post wins my dumbest post of the year award.
elmer_yuck
Starter
Posts: 2,178
And1: 99
Joined: Dec 17, 2004
Top

Post#1249 Re: 2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread
Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:55 am by kwamebargnani

wazabifuzz wrote:How about... Bargs for Kevin Love straight up ?

Why not LeBron
kwamebargnani



General Manager
User avatar
Posts: 8,468
And1: 941
Joined: Jun 23, 2008
Top

Post#1250 Re: 2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread
Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:05 am by Left Side Drive

wazabifuzz wrote:How about... Bargs for Kevin Love straight up ?

Joking right? If not you delusional.

Image
2014/2015
PG: K. Lowry / G. Vasquez / W. Cherry
SG: D. DeRozan / L. Williams / L. Fields
SF: T. Ross / James Johnson / B. Caboclo / J. Hamilton
PF: Amir Johnson / P. Patterson / T. Hansbrough
C: J. Valanciunas / C. Hayes / L. Nogueira
Left Side Drive


Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 5,440
And1: 2,105
Joined: Dec 16, 2009
Location: ACC
Top

Post#1251 Re: 2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread
Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:43 am by Indeed

ESPN has Gasol for Millsap, however, I don't see they move Kanter to make this trade happen.

What I can think of is:
LAL gets:
Calderon
Jefferson

Utah gets:
Gasol
Clark
Sac 2nd (from Tor)

Tor gets:
Millsap
Blake (or Duhon)

I think Lakers will be happy with it, but not sure about Jazz fans. The Raptors traded Calderon for Millsap, who can play PF and SF to fill our injuries.
Indeed
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 12,300
And1: 348
Joined: Aug 20, 2009
Top

Post#1252 Re: 2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread
Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:14 am by wfnshow316

With the continuing struggles of the Lakers - can they wait much longer to make a trade?? And now with Bargnani hurt can they get Calderon from us. Well lets bring Minnesota into it - Scenario 1

Toronto out - Calderon, Bargnani, Klieza
Minnesota out - Love, Williams, Shved
LA Lakers out - Gasol, Sacre

Toronto in - Love, Williams, Shved, Sacre
Minnesota in - Gasol
LA Lakers - Calderon, Bargnani, Klieza

Now if LA aren't willing to take Bargnani

Toronto out - Calderon, Davis, Klieza, Fields
Minnesota out - Love, Williams, Shved
LA Lakers out - Gasol, Sacre

Toronto in - Love, Williams, Shved, Sacre
Minnesota in - Gasol,
LA Lakers - Calderon, Davis, Klieza, Fields

Both work in trade checker - and both effectively realign or lineup - as well as get the Lakers the PG they need to run their team - scenario one is the best for us IMO - as Barg's is not around to clutter up the roster and Love would be a more legit "franchise" type then Barg's and we wouldn't have to go through the whole Gasol decline. Minnesota seems to like the idea of Gasol paired with Rubio and Williams isn't working out and Love is pushing for a trade -

And if scenario two is in play - the price for the Lakers for Calderon with Davis - is they have to take on Fields and Klieza's contracts - it works but it's not my preference
wfnshow316
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,504
And1: 9
Joined: Jul 21, 2002
Location: Sudbury, Ontario
Top

Post#1253 Re: 2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread
Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:40 am by Mr.Raptorsingh

Trade Lowry for Jennings, play a six seconds or less offence with:

Jennings
Ross
DeRozan
Davis
Valanciunas

Fastest team end-to-end.
Image
Mr.Raptorsingh

RealGM
Posts: 16,006
And1: 2,635
Joined: May 17, 2007
Top

Post#1254 Re: 2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread
Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:04 am by TheGoodDoctor

wfnshow316 wrote:Toronto out - Calderon, Bargnani, Klieza
Minnesota out - Love, Williams, Shved
LA Lakers out - Gasol, Sacre

Toronto in - Love, Williams, Shved, Sacre
Minnesota in - Gasol
LA Lakers - Calderon, Bargnani, Klieza

Now if LA aren't willing to take Bargnani

Toronto out - Calderon, Davis, Klieza, Fields
Minnesota out - Love, Williams, Shved
LA Lakers out - Gasol, Sacre

Toronto in - Love, Williams, Shved, Sacre
Minnesota in - Gasol,
LA Lakers - Calderon, Davis, Klieza, Fields



If that were to happen there is absolutely NO WAY that the Lakers let us take Love.....none.

They would also more likely completely cut us out of the deal and just do Gasol for Love + Ridnour. Not to mention Love would be extremely vocal about not wanting to go to TO and go back to Cali. That whole proposed trade would just never happen. Also I don't see Minny parting with Love to begin with. Despite the drama, he is locked in and the idea is to build around him and Rubio.
#MLSEHIRETZ ------ HOLD UP, HOLD UP-------#WETHENORTH.
Image
TheGoodDoctor

Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 6,072
And1: 3,966
Joined: Jul 23, 2012
Location: Jurassic Park
Top

Post#1255 Re: 2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread
Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:27 am by hillbilly hare

JunkYardSubs wrote:Speaking of Wilson Chandler, I think flipping him for Varejao makes sense for both teams


Way way too much for Chandler. Apart from Chandler's ability, his trade value has to be really low right now. He's not even dressing. I think Denver would be happy to dump his contract.

A better deal involving Cleveland would be Gibson for Chandler. Their salaries match up and Gibson is expiring. Gibson's a career 40% 3pt shooter, which is something Denver lacks. Chandler gets to start over in Cleveland.

Speaking of us, I think Ed Davis is too much for Chandler. Would've been all over it in the off-season, but again, Chandler's value has plummeted.

If Andrea were healthy and providing 18 ppg off the bench, Denver might be desperate enough to: one, get back into the thick of the playoff hunt; two, dump Chandler's contract.

Andrea for Chandler (salary dump), Mozgov (not getting any PT) and a pick (lotto-protected, in case the wheels fall off).

Andrea can back up PF, play a little C in a small ball lineup, provide instant O off the bench, cook linguine for Gallo, and his defensive deficiencies can be hidden a bit by McGee, Faried and Igoudala. Denver gets a high-scoring big off the bench for 2 guys who aren't playing and what they hope would be a late first.

We get a guy who could/might possibly be our starting SF, a backup C and a pick that could be 20-30.
hillbilly hare
Starter
User avatar
Posts: 2,491
And1: 186
Joined: Jan 29, 2011
Top

Post#1256 Re: 2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread
Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:35 am by TheGoodDoctor

I so don't want Chandler anymore.

Chandler/Kleiza/Pietrus/Fields....

How many washed up roleplaying SFs do we need before we stop locking up salary for no results?
#MLSEHIRETZ ------ HOLD UP, HOLD UP-------#WETHENORTH.
Image
TheGoodDoctor

Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 6,072
And1: 3,966
Joined: Jul 23, 2012
Location: Jurassic Park
Top

Post#1257 Re: 2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread
Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:54 pm by Raptorfan2012

So anyone want to predict if anything will happen over the weekend in regards to trade? Could we really be landing either a Gasol or Eric Gordon?
Raptorfan2012
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,651
And1: 236
Joined: Mar 25, 2012
Top

Post#1258 Re: 2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread
Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:51 pm by thunderforce

Raptorfan2012 wrote:So anyone want to predict if anything will happen over the weekend in regards to trade? Could we really be landing either a Gasol or Eric Gordon?

They better not , if they trade anyone it should be for picks this is going to become the largest and greatest tank battle in history for Wiggins ( I am looking at you Cavs and NO , and Washington .) Watch all of those 4 teams just start dumping any good players they have lol . This war for the bottom is going to be hell but it is a war we cannot loose .
thunderforce


Sixth Man
Posts: 1,932
And1: 262
Joined: Mar 3, 2012
Top

Post#1259 Re: 2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread
Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:29 pm by Raptorfan2012

hillbilly hare wrote:
JunkYardSubs wrote:Speaking of Wilson Chandler, I think flipping him for Varejao makes sense for both teams


Way way too much for Chandler. Apart from Chandler's ability, his trade value has to be really low right now. He's not even dressing. I think Denver would be happy to dump his contract.

A better deal involving Cleveland would be Gibson for Chandler. Their salaries match up and Gibson is expiring. Gibson's a career 40% 3pt shooter, which is something Denver lacks. Chandler gets to start over in Cleveland.

Speaking of us, I think Ed Davis is too much for Chandler. Would've been all over it in the off-season, but again, Chandler's value has plummeted.

If Andrea were healthy and providing 18 ppg off the bench, Denver might be desperate enough to: one, get back into the thick of the playoff hunt; two, dump Chandler's contract.

Andrea for Chandler (salary dump), Mozgov (not getting any PT) and a pick (lotto-protected, in case the wheels fall off).

Andrea can back up PF, play a little C in a small ball lineup, provide instant O off the bench, cook linguine for Gallo, and his defensive deficiencies can be hidden a bit by McGee, Faried and Igoudala. Denver gets a high-scoring big off the bench for 2 guys who aren't playing and what they hope would be a late first.

We get a guy who could/might possibly be our starting SF, a backup C and a pick that could be 20-30.


The only person I would trade for Wilson Chandler is Amir Johnson. It makes too much sense for both teams IMO. Denver needs some front court depth, and we need a starting SF.
Raptorfan2012
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,651
And1: 236
Joined: Mar 25, 2012
Top

Post#1260 Re: 2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread
Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:43 pm by 3thomas

Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:Trade Lowry for Jennings, play a six seconds or less offence with:

Jennings
Ross
DeRozan
Davis
Valanciunas

Fastest team end-to-end.

I was actually thinking about Jennings for Lowry. Jennings is buddies with Demar and ED and I think is better suited to run the offence here. Stat-wise they are almost identical, Lowry still has one year left on his contract at a very reasonable rate. Jennings already mentioned he wants out.
3thomas
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,326
And1: 47
Joined: Dec 25, 2009
Top

Post#1261 Re: 2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread
Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:45 pm by Raptorfan2012

3thomas wrote:
Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:Trade Lowry for Jennings, play a six seconds or less offence with:

Jennings
Ross
DeRozan
Davis
Valanciunas

Fastest team end-to-end.

I was actually thinking about Jennings for Lowry. Jennings is buddies with Demar and ED and I think is better suited to run the offence here. Stat-wise they are almost identical, Lowry still has one year left on his contract at a very reasonable rate. Jennings already mentioned he wants out.


Yes I can live with Lowry for Jennings as well; that will be interesting.
Raptorfan2012
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,651
And1: 236
Joined: Mar 25, 2012
Top

Post#1262 Re: 2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread
Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:03 pm by wfnshow316

The whole point of the my suggested trade is that what the Lakers want is Calderon - Because the uncertainty of Nash - Bargs is thrown in as filler to get gasol. Bringing in Minny allows them to get Gasol, and the price of Love is because he would be replaced by Gasol (and the salary works), Thus the reason the trade works is that LA wants Calderon but we don't want Gasol, but Minny wants Gasol but Love doesn't fix the Lakers problem (and that problem is PG not Gasol). Thus the two scenario's - Oh and in case your wondering Luke Ridnour is in no way better for a D Antonio offense then Jose
wfnshow316
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,504
And1: 9
Joined: Jul 21, 2002
Location: Sudbury, Ontario
Top

Post#1263 Re: 2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread
Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:04 pm by Ku-Bar

anyone else remember the Grunwald days where a 3 team trade wasn't needed but instead he made subsequent trades with 3 teams to build a team into the 2nd round?

Different CBA I realize and appreciate. Just saying. :)
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson
Ku-Bar


Junior
Posts: 497
And1: 93
Joined: Aug 7, 2004
Location: Helsinki
Top

Post#1264 Re: 2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread
Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:04 pm by nonc

lowry for jennings would be a legit boner, i'd stop hating BC for at least a week.
nonc
Rookie
Posts: 1,092
And1: 98
Joined: Apr 24, 2012
Top

Post#1265 Re: 2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread
Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:06 pm by ash_k

nonc wrote:lowry for jennings would be a legit boner, i'd stop hating BC for at least a week.

Cmon for that trade, reuniting the California Boyz(Amir, DD) give him at least 2 weeks.
ash_k
Assistant Coach
User avatar
Posts: 3,796
And1: 796
Joined: Apr 13, 2010
Top

PreviousNext

Return to Toronto Raptors


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 6moomoo6, Assassin [IX], Google [Bot], Gunntros, Hit Em Up, Jballa, ptyca, Screamshock, UnderdogRaptors, Yolo