ImageImageImageImageImage

Kyle Lowry discussion thread

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,384

Kyle Lowry discussion thread 

Post#1 » by YogiStewart » Mon Nov 5, 2012 5:49 pm

Begin!
KDtdot35
Banned User
And1: 9

Re: Kyle Lowry discussion thread 

Post#2 » by KDtdot35 » Mon Nov 5, 2012 5:56 pm

Our new franchise player/ all star/ superstar. Need to build around him.
Alfred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,853

Post#3 » by Alfred » Mon Nov 5, 2012 5:56 pm

I'll cross-post this here:

http://www.hardwoodparoxysm.com/2012/11 ... like-that/

Article wrote:He couldn’t have predicted a start like this, though. Through three games, Lowry’s averages of 23.7 points, 7.3 rebounds, 7.0 assists and 3.7 steals per game all lead his team by healthy margins. He’s taking over five three pointers a contest and making half of them, getting to the free throw line six times a game and converting virtually every time. But while these superstar stats should be taken with more than a smidge of salt in the first week of November, his spirit shouldn’t. Lowry embodies the mindset that coach Dwane Casey preaches, playing aggressive defense on the perimeter and spending no shortage of time in the paint, whether he’s attacking the basket or hitting the glass. The numbers are great, but they don’t illustrate how he will pull a frustrated young player aside during a timeout or how his competitiveness makes practices better. They don’t show his knack for getting others involved, then making a deep three look effortless when his team needs a basket.

Good article about DeMar and Kyle Lowry from Hardwood Paroxysm.
right between the eyes
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,493

Post#4 » by right between the eyes » Mon Nov 5, 2012 5:57 pm

Give him the keys!!!!
niQ
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 29,158

Post#5 » by niQ » Mon Nov 5, 2012 5:59 pm

Finally someone on the Raptors with a respectable PER!
YoungD23
Sixth Man
And1: 1,069

Post#6 » by YoungD23 » Mon Nov 5, 2012 6:04 pm

pop-vlado
Bench Warmer
And1: 266

Post#7 » by pop-vlado » Mon Nov 5, 2012 6:09 pm

Would be fun to see him will this team to victory and make an all star appearance.
BilboBanginz
Pro Prospect
And1: 655

Post#8 » by BilboBanginz » Mon Nov 5, 2012 6:12 pm

I have faith that BC will realize that Lowry/Val/Derozan are the future of this team and not Bargnani. Hopefully before the trade deadline.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#9 » by J-Roc » Mon Nov 5, 2012 6:24 pm

Fans will get frustrated when he starts to miss those stop and drop deep threes.
Felixano
Banned User
And1: 76

Post#10 » by Felixano » Mon Nov 5, 2012 6:28 pm

BilboBanginz wrote:I have faith that BC will realize that Lowry/Val/Derozan are the future of this team and not Bargnani. Hopefully before the trade deadline.

Yup. Package Bargnani, Calderon and maybe Fields for a legitimate NEAR star level small forward. Let Ed Davis start, then make a run at Josh Smith/Al Jefferson/Millsap types in free agency if Ed isn't getting the job done.

Not impossible at all.
Kibago
Rookie
And1: 491

Post#11 » by Kibago » Mon Nov 5, 2012 6:37 pm

I'd be on board for a Bargs/Gay swap, but I don't think it does much for Memphis. the whole point for them that i can see would be to save money with Calderon's expiring and get pieces alongside.

Kyle Lowry is the franchise right now. embodies everything we want to be this year and going forward. the OKC game isn't made for him to keep up his 20-5-5 streak, but he should be back to those types of lines after
Mister Ze
RealGM
And1: 23,194

Post#12 » by Mister Ze » Mon Nov 5, 2012 7:08 pm

Felixano wrote:
BilboBanginz wrote:I have faith that BC will realize that Lowry/Val/Derozan are the future of this team and not Bargnani. Hopefully before the trade deadline.

Yup. Package Bargnani, Calderon and maybe Fields for a legitimate NEAR star level small forward. Let Ed Davis start, then make a run at Josh Smith/Al Jefferson/Millsap types in free agency if Ed isn't getting the job done.

Not impossible at all.

Who do you have in mind? Danny Granger or Rudy Gay? :lol: There isn't a single team that would accept BC's trash in exchange for a "legitimate NEAR star level small forward".
fredericklove
Banned User
And1: 6,398

Post#13 » by fredericklove » Mon Nov 5, 2012 7:29 pm

Without Lowry this team would be a junk.
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#14 » by Kabookalu » Mon Nov 5, 2012 7:30 pm

Read on the GB that Kyle Lowry's the most favorite non Knicks player on the Knicks board. Do with that as you will.
Read on Twitter
noobcake
Banned User
And1: 442

Post#15 » by noobcake » Mon Nov 5, 2012 7:31 pm

KDtdot35 wrote:Our new franchise player/ all star/ superstar. Need to build around him.

Take it from a Rockets fan, Lowry is not superstar. He is a very solid 2nd option, 2.5th option in scoring, 1.5th option in leading team. He'll lead your team with another player, but hopefully there are 2 scorers ahead of him.

He is neither a scoring guard or a pure point guard, but definitely a top 15 two-way player in the league.

He ain't 23/7/7 good, but I can see him average 18/6/5.
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#16 » by Kabookalu » Mon Nov 5, 2012 7:35 pm

noobcake wrote:
KDtdot35 wrote:Our new franchise player/ all star/ superstar. Need to build around him.

Take it from a Rockets fan, Lowry is not superstar. He is a very solid 2nd option, 2.5th option in scoring, 1.5th option in leading team. He'll lead your team with another player, but hopefully there are 2 scorers ahead of him.

He is neither a scoring guard or a pure point guard, but definitely a top 15 two-way player in the league.

He ain't 23/7/7 good, but I can see him average 18/6/5.

I'll wait and see whether or not he's a capable 1st option. Houston fans said that with the thought already in mind that he has no mid range game. Right now it looks like he's really improved that part of his game. That middle ground was what he was missing in Houston and it looks like he's developed it.

Read on Twitter
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,162

Post#17 » by LLJ » Mon Nov 5, 2012 7:41 pm

I think of a 1st option player as someone who has the potential to average 25+ ppg. I don't think Kyle is that type of player and he doesn't seem like a guy who's first instinct is to score either (despite what some dummies in here might suggest).

So I agree with the Rox fan, though I think I'd reverse his rebound and assist stats. I think he'll end up being something like 18-5-7 when the season ends.

He's like a Fat Lever type of player. Now, if Lowry's prime is anything like Fat Lever's, we'd be in for a treat because I think the next 2 seasons will be his peak seasons, health permitting.
T-Ross the Boss
Banned User
And1: 39

Post#18 » by T-Ross the Boss » Mon Nov 5, 2012 7:43 pm

I think he cools down and stabilizes at 20/5/7/2 on 47%/38%/85%

That's pretty freaking good.
fredericklove
Banned User
And1: 6,398

Post#19 » by fredericklove » Mon Nov 5, 2012 8:10 pm

Considering if Andrea gets his touches back, we have him and Demar and Lowry sharing the scoring load, basically in caseyball its all about sharing and constant ball movement, so 1st option or not or go to guy, it doesn't matter. Its all about 3 offensive weapons. What matters is we have a guy who can initiate the ball movement and keeps everyone accountable, thats the most important piece that we've been lacking for years. And that guy is Lowry. Especially from a PG role. They don't need to be first option, they just need to balance between scoring and distributing. That is what most important for our team system.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,361

Post#20 » by Fairview4Life » Mon Nov 5, 2012 8:12 pm

fredericklove wrote:Considering if Andrea gets his touches back, we have him and Demar and Lowry sharing the scoring load, basically in caseyball its all about sharing and constant ball movement, so 1st option or not or go to guy, it doesn't matter. Its all about 3 offensive weapons. What matters is we have a guy who can initiate the ball movement and keeps everyone accountable, thats the most important piece that we've been lacking for years. And that guy is Lowry. Especially from a PG role. They don't need to be first option, they just need to balance between scoring and distributing. That is what most important for our team system.

Bargs' usage % is at 25%, just a little less than the last few years. He is already getting his touches. I'd like to see him back on the block or the elbow, or running around screens, but it's not like he isn't getting shots.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.

Return to Toronto Raptors