ImageImageImageImageImage

Should Bryan Colangelo be Fired

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Fire BC?

Yay
82%
Nay
18%

Total votes: 488

West Rouge
Banned User
And1: 324

Re: Should Bryan Colangelo be Fired 

Post#81 » by West Rouge » Thu Nov 8, 2012 4:35 am

Lonngggg overdue.
whoknows
General Manager
And1: 1,495

Post#82 » by whoknows » Thu Nov 8, 2012 4:35 am

Too bad that most of you don't understand that great NBA players refuse to play in Toronto, so no GM can convince them other wise.
The easiest thing in the world is to criticize, why not offer a solution - who is that great GM that wants to build a Siberi....oops...Toronto NBA team?

Blame BC all you want, but understand that in this league where stars decide where they go, Toronto does not stand a chance to build a "championship" team.
And please stop with the stupid "build it and they come", since there is no way to successfully build in the NBA without having a team full of superstars. Chicken or egg?
WigginsNation
Analyst
And1: 1,389

Post#83 » by WigginsNation » Thu Nov 8, 2012 4:37 am

I want BC to stick around. He has respect around the league and does a lot of things well. Hes good at making trades, and is a fantastic drafter. His weakness is obviously in overpaying and going after shhitt FA's. Yes hes made mistakes, tons of them, but hes a young gm and i can see him getting better if hes not on such a tight leash. What he pulls off at the trade deadline will be the deciding factor if he sticks around or not.
Tacoma
Head Coach
And1: 4,887

Post#84 » by Tacoma » Thu Nov 8, 2012 4:38 am

Wow, I can't belive what I'm seeing here, we have an almost consensus opinion on this board on BC. Even some posters who've excused BC in the past are finally seeing the light. Amazing! :clap:
West Rouge
Banned User
And1: 324

Post#85 » by West Rouge » Thu Nov 8, 2012 4:40 am

BCfortheWin wrote:I want BC to stick around. He has respect around the league and does a lot of things well. Hes good at making trades, and is a fantastic drafter. His weakness is obviously in overpaying and going after shhitt FA's. Yes hes made mistakes, tons of them, but hes a young gm and i can see him getting better if hes not on such a tight leash. What he pulls off at the trade deadline will be the deciding factor if he sticks around or not.

You need to go into Kool-Aid rehab. This team sucks & of course the league respects him as he poses no threat to contend against 70% of the league
Archerbro
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,244

Post#86 » by Archerbro » Thu Nov 8, 2012 4:40 am

whoknows wrote:Too bad that most of you don't understand that great NBA players refuse to play in Toronto, so no GM can convince them other wise.
The easiest thing in the world is to criticize, why not offer a solution - who is that great GM that wants to build a Siberi....oops...Toronto NBA team?

Blame BC all you want, but understand that in this league where stars decide where they go, Toronto does not stand a chance to build a "championship" team.
And please stop with the stupid "build it and they come", since there is no way to successfully build in the NBA without having a team full of superstars. Chicken or egg?

It's called tanking correctly, and making the right draft picks. It's called-don't give out bad contracts like the Fields/Kopono ones. I get it, BC isn't gonna attract great FA's, but that doesn't mean hand out bad ones. (which he does).

Dallas's 2nd round picks Crowder would start on this team, and Bernard james owned the raps on the boards all night tonight.
BD12
Lead Assistant
And1: 132

Post#87 » by BD12 » Thu Nov 8, 2012 4:43 am

whoknows wrote:Too bad that most of you don't understand that great NBA players refuse to play in Toronto, so no GM can convince them other wise.

Same old excuses. You need to WIN in order to attract free agents. There has only been losing the past 4 seasons.

Other teams have made changes. Rob Hennigan (assistant GM of OKC), Danny Ferry (previously worked with Cavs/Spurs) and Dennis Lindsey (Utah GM) were hired recently. So there are candidates out there...

You also didn't address the downward spiral from 3rd seed in his first season to four consecutive lottery seasons. :thumbsup: Thats on our GM no?
Indiana Jones
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,548
Location: Assistant Dean of Students, Marshall College, Bedford, Connecticut

Post#88 » by Indiana Jones » Thu Nov 8, 2012 4:45 am

until we draft a superstar that gets league-wide (i.e. american) recognition, we will remain bottom feeders in the nba. this league is designed to pump up a few good teams at the expense of every other team, and we cannot beat the system without a huge amount of luck. we NEED to acquire a superstar in order to get fair treatment by the referees, and we'll never sign one. draft is the only way. and i no longer trust colangelo to evaluate talent. he's really on the same level as babcock...
bonjovi0308
Veteran
And1: 889

Post#89 » by bonjovi0308 » Thu Nov 8, 2012 4:49 am

Drafting was supposed to be bc s strong point, but considering picking demar over lawson, and picking ed davis over patrick patterson...
whoknows
General Manager

Post#90 » by whoknows » Thu Nov 8, 2012 4:50 am

Archerbro wrote:

It's called tanking correctly, and making the right draft picks. It's called-don't give out bad contracts like the Fields/Kopono ones. I get it, BC isn't gonna attract great FA's, but that doesn't mean hand out bad ones. (which he does).

Dallas's 2nd round picks Crowder would start on this team, and Bernard james owned the raps on the boards all night tonight.

it is not FA's only, all star NBA players have a refusal "right" in this joke league. Many here are too young to remember, but Alonzo Mourning refused to show up in Toronto after the trade, and Raps continued to pay for him playing in Miami...
Also, while mistakes are made since not all players turn in what you hope(hindsight is 20/20), borderline scrub players need to be overpaid to accept playing here, why is this so hard to get???
whoknows
General Manager

Post#91 » by whoknows » Thu Nov 8, 2012 4:52 am

BD12 wrote:

Same old excuses. You need to WIN in order to attract free agents. There has only been losing the past 4 seasons.

Other teams have made changes. Rob Hennigan (assistant GM of OKC), Danny Ferry (previously worked with Cavs/Spurs) and Dennis Lindsey (Utah GM) were hired recently. So there are candidates out there...

You also didn't address the downward spiral from 3rd seed in his first season to four consecutive lottery seasons. :thumbsup: Thats on our GM no?

how do yo propose to win???

The down spiral after a good start is due to Bosh unprofessionalism...to say the least. BC was put in an impossible to win place since there was no way for BC to trade CB (unless CB was upfront with his intentions, and as we know he was not, hence the nasty comments BC made about CB).
Archerbro
Lead Assistant

Post#92 » by Archerbro » Thu Nov 8, 2012 4:54 am

whoknows wrote:
Archerbro wrote:

it is not FA's only, all star NBA players have a refusal "right" in this joke league. Many here are too young to remember, but Alonzo Mourning refused to show up in Toronto after the trade, and Raps continued to pay for him playing in Miami...
Also, why mistakes are made since not all players turn in what you hope(hindsight is 20/20), borderline scrub players need to be overpaid to accept playing here, why is this so hard to get???

what's hard to get that, many teams meet the salary floor without giving out ridiculous contracts. BC had cap space and wasted it on Fields whose posting one of the lowest PERS in the league.

why do you keep going on about all star players? it's about improving the team and making the right draft choices. the only way BC can likely get a star in Toronto is probably via the draft (he failed at tanking lmao)

Crowder would start on this team............
Bernard James destroyed the raps all night on the boards ....

What's hard to get? BC is an awful Gm.
BD12
Lead Assistant

Post#93 » by BD12 » Thu Nov 8, 2012 4:55 am

whoknows wrote:
BD12 wrote:

Downward spiral from 3rd seed in his first season to four consecutive lottery seasons. Who's fault is it? Isn't it obvious seeing as how there were three coaching changes and no GM changes?
Archerbro
Lead Assistant

Post#94 » by Archerbro » Thu Nov 8, 2012 4:57 am

whoknows wrote:
BD12 wrote:

tanking (correctly), it'll get the raps a game changer.
IN this league, you sometimes have to go through some losing in return for years of winning (if drafting is solid).

edit: and yes i know, they can't /shouldn't tank this year-but I'm still loling at the failure of tanking last season.
WigginsNation
Analyst
And1: 1,389

Post#95 » by WigginsNation » Thu Nov 8, 2012 5:00 am

bonjovi0308 wrote:Drafting was supposed to be bc s strong point, but considering picking demar over lawson, and picking ed davis over patrick patterson...

GImme a break man, who wouldve seen that? BC is a good drafter, theres no doubt about that.

This year, he did do some good. He stole Kyle Lowry and the more and more we watch games, Derozan could be a bargain as well. If Derozan continues on his current path, he wouldve been offered a lot more this offseason. Give BC some credit!!! Yah he messed up with the FIelds signing, but he also solidified our backcourt moving forward. And he drafted Jonas! At the time, yall were hating on him for that too. I want him around!

And if he does get fired, the million dollar question is, do you trust MLSE to make the right hire to replace him? I sure as hell dont! BC is a basketball guy, and he's intelligent despite some of his mistakes. I'd lock him up for another 5 years.
Archerbro
Lead Assistant

Post#96 » by Archerbro » Thu Nov 8, 2012 5:02 am

BCfortheWin wrote:
bonjovi0308 wrote:Drafting was supposed to be bc s strong point, but considering picking demar over lawson, and picking ed davis over patrick patterson...

GImme a break man, who wouldve seen that? BC is a good drafter, theres no doubt about that.

This year, he did do some good. He stole Kyle Lowry and the more and more we watch games, Derozan could be a bargain as well. If Derozan continues on his current path, he wouldve been offered a lot more this offseason. Give BC some credit!!! Yah he messed up with the FIelds signing, but he also solidified our backcourt moving forward. And he drafted Jonas! At the time, yall were hating on him for that too. I want him around!

And if he does get fired, the million dollar question is, do you trust MLSE to make the right hire to replace him? I sure as hell dont! BC is a basketball guy, and he's intelligent despite some of his mistakes. I'd lock him up for another 5 years.

another 5 years as a treadmill team?
He makes 1 good move for every couple mistakes.

are you related to BC or something?
BD12
Lead Assistant

Post#97 » by BD12 » Thu Nov 8, 2012 5:04 am

Nope, wrong answer. The downward spiral started to occur in the 2007 offseason. He decided to spend the MLE on Jason Kapono to be our future SF but he got benched for Jamario Moon 6 games into the season. We went from Atlantic Division Champs to 6th seed that season (wasn't even a winning season as we had a .500 record). Then the Bosh thing happened and that was when he should've been fired.
UnderdogRaptors
RealGM
And1: 44,305

Post#98 » by UnderdogRaptors » Thu Nov 8, 2012 5:04 am

I wonder which 12 delusional BC apologists voted for NAY :lol:
BC_IS_A_PLAYA wrote:jonas sucks, his dad should have got a vasectomy
darth_federer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 922

Post#99 » by darth_federer » Thu Nov 8, 2012 5:06 am

BCfortheWin wrote:And if he does get fired, the million dollar question is, do you trust MLSE to make the right hire to replace him? I sure as hell dont! BC is a basketball guy, and he's intelligent despite some of his mistakes. I'd lock him up for another 5 years.

:rofl: :rofl:

7 years
1 season over .500
3 playoff wins
.418 win percentage

Profanity wrote:This is why I question a Canadian team in our league. it's a govt conspiracy trina to sell all our milk to Russia. They let the raptors participate to not let canadians demand crossing taxes. it will backfire one day.
UnderdogRaptors
RealGM
And1: 44,305

Post#100 » by UnderdogRaptors » Thu Nov 8, 2012 5:07 am

darth_federer wrote:
BCfortheWin wrote:And if he does get fired, the million dollar question is, do you trust MLSE to make the right hire to replace him? I sure as hell dont! BC is a basketball guy, and he's intelligent despite some of his mistakes. I'd lock him up for another 5 years.

:rofl: :rofl:

7 years
1 season over .500
3 playoff wins
.418 win percentage

BCfortheWin never wants to make the playoffs :lol: :lol:
BC_IS_A_PLAYA wrote:jonas sucks, his dad should have got a vasectomy

Return to Toronto Raptors