ImageImageImageImageImage

Should Bryan Colangelo be Fired

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Fire BC?

Yay
82%
Nay
18%

Total votes: 488

Waylon Mercy
Banned User
And1: 6,644

Re: Should Bryan Colangelo be Fired 

Post#841 » by Waylon Mercy » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:02 pm

I can't believe we've been subject to this garbage for 7 years...It's funny how the GM of Team USAs
son is arguably the worst GM in the entire league. I guess Sarver knew what he was doing when
he let him walk he knew first hand it was all Jerrys work.

We should also get #TradeBargnani or #AmnestyBargnani trending
BLKMASS
Banned User
And1: 124

Post#842 » by BLKMASS » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:33 pm

I was a B.C supporter for the longest time, but this is ridiculous now with all these moronic signings. This team is going to miss the playoffs again, I don't know how B.C could keep his job for much longer.
Slo
Head Coach
And1: 8,532

Post#843 » by Slo » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:40 pm

What is shocking to me is that BC probably knows his popularity among fans here is at an all time low and his job might be on the line and he knows the 1 move that might get him some extra time and good will amongst fans is trading Bargs, yet he just wont do it. Even after 7 years of hoping for that breakthrough which never comes, he will rather get fired than admiting he was wrong and just trading Bargs and moving on. Now i am realy 100% sure the only way Bargs is gone from TO is BC is gone first.
TheGoodDoctor
General Manager
And1: 8,607

Post#844 » by TheGoodDoctor » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:41 pm

It's amazing how the same people who defended our draft and the Fields' contract are also the same people vocal about the awful results of those decisions.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,829

Post#845 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:46 pm

I haven't made up my mind on this one. There are a couple of perplexing items which would shift my thumbs up to thumbs down. In hindsight it seemed a better decision to stick with Triano for one more scripted season to make sure the tank had success. But that is hindsight a luxury everybody on realgm has in large supply. Instead we hired Casey and almost landed Chandler, Diaw and Matt Barnes. Then when those situations fell through we changed our spots and went into tank PR spin but down the stretch couldn't get a top 5 pick. Losing wasn't in BC's DNA so we made our "progress" with youth and lost Harrison Barnes by a coin toss. Hard to believe we couldn't trade up to get Barnes and that failure is telling plus blowing the tank. The second thing was going all in for Nash because it endeared him to MLSE for ticket sales. So spots changed yet again and we had now left the rebuild spin and we graduated to selling jerseys, programs and bobbleheads with number 13 on it. So the recent direction has been erratic and inconsistent and seems to have had more to do with which way the wind blows than the good of the franchise Lowry, Jonas and Demar notwithstanding.
TheGoodDoctor
General Manager

Post#846 » by TheGoodDoctor » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:50 pm

OAKLEY_2 wrote:I haven't made up my mind on this one. There are a couple of perplexing items which would shift my thumbs up to thumbs down. In hindsight it seemed a better decision to stick with Triano for one more scripted season to make sure the tank had success. But that is hindsight a luxury everybody on realgm has in large supply. Instead we hired Casey and almost landed Chandler, Diaw and Matt Barnes. Then when those situations fell through we changed our spots and went into tank PR spin but down the stretch couldn't get a top 5 pick. Losing wasn't in BC's DNA so we made our "progress" with youth and lost Harrison Barnes by a coin toss. Hard to believe we couldn't trade up to get Barnes and that failure is telling plus blowing the tank. The second thing was going all in for Nash because it endeared him to MLSE for ticket sales. So spots changed yet again and we had now left the rebuild spin and we graduated to selling jerseys, programs and bobbleheads with number 13 on it. So the recent direction has been erratic and inconsistent and seems to have had more to do with which way the wind blows than the good of the franchise Lowry, Jonas and Demar notwithstanding.

All that and I'm not understanding your indecision.

What exactly has Colangelo done to merit being extended??
Mehar
Analyst
And1: 2,150

Post#847 » by Mehar » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:27 pm

The title of this thread should be "When Bryan Colangelo is fired".
Mehar
Analyst
And1: 2,150

Post#848 » by Mehar » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:30 pm

Waylon Mercy wrote:I can't believe we've been subject to this garbage for 7 years...It's funny how the GM of Team USAs
son is arguably the worst GM in the entire league. I guess Sarver knew what he was doing when

More like 17 years of garbage. One playoff round in 17 years, with two decent years in my opinion. The 2007 Atlantic Division banner means nothing since we were playing in the worst division in the NBA which was a joke. I would package Bargnani with Fields for a couple of basketballs so this franchise can shed damn near 17 M off the books.
sycammer
Head Coach
And1: 1,304

Post#849 » by sycammer » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:34 pm

Mehar wrote:
Waylon Mercy wrote:I can't believe we've been subject to this garbage for 7 years...It's funny how the GM of Team USAs

More like 17 years of garbage. One playoff round in 17 years, with two decent years in my opinion. The 2007 Atlantic Division banner means nothing since we were playing in the worst division in the NBA which was a joke. I would package Bargnani with Fields for a couple of basketballs so this franchise can shed damn near 17 M off the books.

fields and bargs for pay gasol?

i would go for it, though lakers wont fall for this trap.
Oakley:

"What's going on the league today? It ain't nothing hard, they don't practice any more, they just go around the court doing nothing."
Scorpion King
Lead Assistant
And1: 666

Post#850 » by Scorpion King » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:44 pm

I cant watch Raptors game anymore they are boring, terrible and not fun. Most importantly not winning.

If you are going to put a losing team atleast make it fun.

Casey, BC, Stefanski all this guys need to be fired. Bargs need to be traded asap cant stand this clown getting 2 3 rbs a game.
Saciid11
General Manager
And1: 4,225

Post#851 » by Saciid11 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:49 pm

I have said and will say it again the day BC drafted Bargnani is the day he should have been fired, how do you draft Power Forward when your best player is power forward and worst of all not even the best power forward in the draft... Gay + Bosh would have atleast made us legit playoff team for couple years.

This years draft was horrible... pass up on Drummond for another two guard, and then sign a role player in Field ....wow not even Bobcock was this bad.

To finish the Raptors off if we miss the playoff we don't have lottery pick because we rented Lowery for two years ... imagine if that pick turns out to be Shabbazz Muhammad ...
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,829

Post#852 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:01 pm

Lowry, Jonas and Demar notwithstanding. Those could be 3 allstars right there.
TheGoodDoctor
General Manager

Post#853 » by TheGoodDoctor » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:06 pm

Saciid11 wrote:To finish the Raptors off if we miss the playoff we don't have lottery pick because we rented Lowery for two years ... imagine if that pick turns out to be Shabbazz Muhammad ...

In that case Shabazz Muhammad would be a Raptor.

Our pick is top 3 protected this year....and top 2 protected next year (so fear not about the chance of not getting Wiggins or Parker if we were in the draft) and the year after if by some divine intervention we make into the playoffs the next couple of years.
TheGoodDoctor
General Manager

Post#854 » by TheGoodDoctor » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:16 pm

OAKLEY_2 wrote:

Lowry, Jonas and Demar notwithstanding. Those could be 3 allstars right there.

Valanciunas is the only one I could see making it...in a couple of years or so.

1. Lowry is great but there's already Rose (when healthy), Deron, Rondo, Irving and Wall
2. Wade and Johnson (moving to Brooklyn) will all but be locks for SG and I'm sure Monta and George will also be ahead. In the years to come who knows how Beal will develop and if Shabazz ends up drafted out east; heck even Waiters almost seems like a SG Jennings.
hillbilly hare
Veteran
And1: 219

Post#855 » by hillbilly hare » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:25 pm

Alfred wrote:
HomieOmey wrote:I just think this would be very weird timing to fire him.

The team starting 2-7 would be a weird time to fire him? I don't think there'd be any "weird time" to fire him. Just plug Stephanski into the GM spot temporarily, until they find the new General Manager.

Exactly.

Characteristics for a new GM, ideally in my opinion: from one of the top run organizations (Spurs, OKC), young, hungry, ready to work his butt off to put his stamp on the team and his vision into practice, where said vision is strongly influenced by his work and apprenticeship with a top GM. Names? How about Troy Weaver from OKC?
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,484

Post#856 » by Dr Positivity » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:30 pm

Yeah Weaver is going to be hired by someone within a year, I'd move quickly if we decide we want him IMO. Detroit or Washington could easily fire their GM before the ASB, Dumars and Grunfield should've been fired 2 years ago like BC. Sac will fire Petrie soon too but I assume Weaver's not taking that job unless the Maloofs have sold by that point

More importantly, I don't want to give BC a chance to make his panic trade. I'm still worried about him dealing Ross for Wilson Chandler or something
Dr Positivity
RealGM

Post#857 » by Dr Positivity » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:37 pm

Another name to seriously consider: Mark Warkentien. EOY in Denver and got them to the WCF, then joins the Knicks as a consultant and helps put together the start to the season they've had. If MLSE is into experience and credibility instead of a newbie like Weaver, Warkentien sounds like a top notch choice.
J Dilla
Banned User
And1: 1,832

Post#858 » by J Dilla » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:48 pm

Warkentien has been previously interviewed by the MLSE when they decided to go for Babcock.

I think Warkentein has enough on his resume by now to bring him here. Another name to consider is K-Pritch and if somehow we can bring back Glen Grunwald that would be even better.
Dr Positivity
RealGM

Post#859 » by Dr Positivity » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:49 pm

The Pritch got hired by Indiana
lander
Veteran
And1: 768

Post#860 » by lander » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:50 pm

J Dilla wrote:Warkentien has been previously interviewed by the MLSE when they decided to go for Babcock.

I think Warkentein has enough on his resume by now to bring him here. Another name to consider is K-Pritch and if somehow we can bring back Glen Grunwald that would be even better.

He is the Indiana Pacers GM now.

Return to Toronto Raptors