ImageImageImageImageImage

Ed Davis discussion thread

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,384

Ed Davis discussion thread 

Post#1 » by YogiStewart » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:52 pm

To play, or not to play?
That is the ED question.

/special

*edit* how long until ED's traded for Cousins?
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,823

Re: Ed Davis discussion thread 

Post#2 » by OAKLEY_2 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:53 pm

PLAY! FF sakes.
_Choco_
Junior
And1: 184

Post#3 » by _Choco_ » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:41 pm

Stuck on bench.

The end.

I like the Sac reference; I would like to see a trade with them structured around their 1st.
trick
Head Coach
And1: 905

Post#4 » by trick » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:48 pm

YogiStewart wrote:
*edit* how long until ED's traded for Cousins?

You wish.

edit: I wish it too.
#Raptors are 7-1. In 6 of the past 10 seasons, a team that has started a season 7-1 has gone on to win an NBA championship.

— Sportsnet Ticker (@SportsnetTicker) November 12, 2014
mg
General Manager
And1: 3,993

Post#5 » by mg » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:56 pm

_Choco_ wrote:Stuck on bench.

The end.

I like the Sac reference; I would like to see a trade with them structured around their 1st.

Sac cannot trade their pick because they owe a first rounder to Cleveland.
Jimmy King
Sixth Man
And1: 226

Post#6 » by Jimmy King » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:07 pm

Ed Davis is among the worst offensive players in the league and he brings average play, at best, on the other end most nights. He's a good rebounder and has good touch around the basket - I like him and hope he improves - but at this point there's no reason to give him minutes with Val and Amir on the team. If he had any value around the league, he would have been dealt already.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 21,698

Post#7 » by ItsDanger » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:58 pm

His offense is totally inconsistent. Im afraid he might just be a decent bench option at this pt for his career.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
J Dilla
Banned User
And1: 1,832

Post#8 » by J Dilla » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:00 pm

Triano got a lot more out of him than Casey
wbbfan
Pro Prospect
And1: 15

Post#9 » by wbbfan » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:02 pm

Id like to see ed start with lowry back. I think he works a lot better then andrea does. Andrea and jose work really well together and im not sure we can have simular performances as weve seen in the last 2 years offensively out of andrea playing most of his minutes with lowry.
Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius.
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,047

Post#10 » by Indeed » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:03 pm

wbbfan wrote:Id like to see ed start with lowry back. I think he works a lot better then andrea does. Andrea and jose work really well together and im not sure we can have simular performances as weve seen in the last 2 years offensively out of andrea playing most of his minutes with lowry.

lol, again, he played with Amir off the bench with Lowry, and Lowry cannot get into the paint. Even Lowry got into the paint, he was doubled down low.

Certainly better spacing (3 point shooters) at the corner would help, but Lowry was forced to take jumpers with Davis and Amir. There was no room in the paint.
wbbfan
Pro Prospect

Post#11 » by wbbfan » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:20 pm

Indeed wrote:
wbbfan wrote:Id like to see ed start with lowry back. I think he works a lot better then andrea does. Andrea and jose work really well together and im not sure we can have simular performances as weve seen in the last 2 years offensively out of andrea playing most of his minutes with lowry.

lol, again, he played with Amir off the bench with Lowry, and Lowry cannot get into the paint. Even Lowry got into the paint, he was doubled down low.

Certainly better spacing (3 point shooters) at the corner would help, but Lowry was forced to take jumpers with Davis and Amir. There was no room in the paint.

The loss of a 3pt shooter in andrea would no doubt hurt. but ross or a wing that can actually shoot from out side is what we need. Patching that need by gimping our bigs combo isnt the answer imop.
I like andrea and what he can bring but i dont think he and lowry are a good combo. And of the two, id rather build a team that can defend and rebound with lowry then an offensive based team around andrea.
Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius.
Indeed
RealGM

Post#12 » by Indeed » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:32 pm

wbbfan wrote:
Indeed wrote:

The loss of a 3pt shooter in andrea would no doubt hurt. but ross or a wing that can actually shoot from out side is what we need. Patching that need by gimping our bigs combo isnt the answer imop.
I like andrea and what he can bring but i dont think he and lowry are a good combo. And of the two, id rather build a team that can defend and rebound with lowry then an offensive based team around andrea.

lol, again, you don't play Ed Davis unless you have elite scorers in your wings.
You re-watch those games when Lowry and Davis are together, Lowry can't drive inside, and he frequently got doubled in the paint. You can play two defensive big as much as you want, but it will become a jump shooting team if none of your big is a scoring threat.

If you disagree, please give me a current team that plays two defensive big.
wbbfan
Pro Prospect

Post#13 » by wbbfan » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:46 pm

Certainly better spacing (3 point shooters) at the corner would help, but Lowry was forced to take jumpers with Davis and Amir. There was no room in the paint.[/quote]

I like andrea and what he can bring but i dont think he and lowry are a good combo. And of the two, id rather build a team that can defend and rebound with lowry then an offensive based team around andrea.[/quote]

lol, again, you don't play Ed Davis unless you have elite scorers in your wings.
You re-watch those games when Lowry and Davis are together, Lowry can't drive inside, and he frequently got doubled in the paint. You can play two defensive big as much as you want, but it will become a jump shooting team if none of your big is a scoring threat.

If you disagree, please give me a current team that plays two defensive big.[/quote]

Building around offense has clearly gotten this team soo far in the last several years. Most teams struggle to find one defensive big/prospect. And settle for offensive based combo forwards.
sanity
RealGM
And1: 1,812

Post#14 » by sanity » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:49 pm

He should be traded immediately before his value tanks any more than it already has. He can be as worth as much as Amir Johnson if he got the minutes---he is a near double-double lock in ~30mpg+.

It doesn't make sense why this team persists with its glut of 4s. Its been YEARS... and drafting Acy in the offseason to only add to it? Its just plain stupid.
Indeed
RealGM

Post#15 » by Indeed » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:02 pm

wbbfan wrote:
Building around offense has clearly gotten this team soo far in the last several years. Most teams struggle to find one defensive big/prospect. And settle for offensive based combo forwards.

Obviously that is not true, and if defensive bigs/prospects are that demanding, we shouldn't see offensive power forwards are being paid for much more. Miami for example, they could play Haslem at PF, who is a very good defensive player, but they play LeBron and Bosh over him.
_Choco_
Junior
And1: 184

Post#16 » by _Choco_ » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:04 pm

mg wrote:
_Choco_ wrote:Stuck on bench.

The end.

Sac cannot trade their pick because they owe a first rounder to Cleveland.

I suppose that I could've looked that up before. In doing so, it seems that CLE could have a few more assets out the next draft. I hate that team...
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,102

Post#17 » by djsunyc » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:27 pm

i'm going to assume casey asked ed to do certain things and he didn't. he's a developing player in his 3rd year. casey's probably giving him some tough love, especially since he's the son of a former player. i don't think it's a case where he's asking ed to do 3 or 4 different things on the court but more like 1 or 2 and he's not impressing casey in that regard. who knows?
Mister Ze
RealGM
And1: 23,194

Post#18 » by Mister Ze » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:18 am

Definitely doesn't play enough minutes (13 a game). Casey should consider over-playing Bargnani less.
SirHuey
General Manager
And1: 2,737

Post#19 » by SirHuey » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:27 am

Free Ed
T-Ross the Boss
Banned User
And1: 39

Post#20 » by T-Ross the Boss » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:27 am

Trade Ed and Ross already. Get someone back that Casey will actually give minutes to.

Return to Toronto Raptors